Author Topic: Is this a good fight?  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Is this a good fight?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 02:50:21 PM »
I totaly agree Junky, about MA fights being much more fun than DA 23-24 deck merge fights. Although it is possible to simulate an MA encounter in the DA by not choosing planes or setting a merge alt, there is still something extra intense about not knowing who the enemy is before the fight.

Agreed on all counts, but the DA is more than just about pushing yourself as a pilot, it's also about exploring the limits of the airframe - throttle, slow speed, flaps, etc. -  moreso when the pilots are fairly evenly matched and have the basics down pat.

In the MA if you're down in the weeds and slow, or even just slow, you don't get much of a chance to push the airframe because you're going to be dead before you have a chance to learn; the DA provides a little "space."

There are reasons air forces run simulations and exercises - what is the top gun school except a real-life "DA."   :joystick:  :ahand
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 02:59:10 PM »
Agreed on all counts, but the DA is more than just about pushing yourself as a pilot, it's also about exploring the limits of the airframe - throttle, slow speed, flaps, etc. -  moreso when the pilots are fairly evenly matched and have the basics down pat.

In the MA if you're down in the weeds and slow, or even just slow, you don't get much of a chance to push the airframe because you're going to be dead before you have a chance to learn; the DA provides a little "space."

There are reasons air forces run simulations and exercises - what is the top gun school except a real-life "DA."   :joystick:  :ahand

TA :aok

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »
TA :aok

No.  Places like R(andolph)AFB are TA's...

It's about refining one's skills/tactics/knowledge, not developing them to get past a trainer.

Noooow it's allll making sense.  :aok 

People should stop asking you to the DA and instead offer to take you to the TA?  :bhead
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
Agreed Shane. I remember once a few years ago when we thrashed our way through the 190A5 and A8 in the DA for a few hours. Aswell as being great fun fights I learnt things about those planes that I've never forgetten. I still have some films from those fights.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2013, 04:29:37 PM »
Batty,

was a good fight except I thought you had him a couple of times early on,I think the 2 min. mark and definitely at the 3 min mark. :devil

No way a 109 can outturn a spit.... :rofl :rofl :rofl  but they will outroll most of them.

1 thing this fight shows and thats how to track an enemy in the lift vector,you did an excellent job of that!

:salute

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 04:57:51 PM »
 :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :bhead :bhead :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: Good fight!  :neener: :neener: :neener: :old: :old: :old: :old:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:57 PM »
Another thing I'd like to voice is that a lot of people have tried to make negative comment about the spitfire pilot's flying in the video. So a couple of points on that:

1) This spitfire flying is way above average for MA flying ability

2) Most of the people with negative comments have decided they know the spitfire pilot and therefore voiced an opinion biased towards that person

3) Most of the people who posted negative comments couldn't do it any better

4) None of the people who posted negative comments have had a fight this good for a long time against a spitfire

5) The above probably being because they gave up from the start, ready to blame the enemy's plane choice for their demise before it is even certain

And what is more, so many people complain about how others fly, what others fly, where others fly until they are blue in the face. But then when they see someone, as in this clip, flying it out till the end without using any of the supposed verboten tactics, they find another reason to complain! Incredible how hard it is to please a human being sometimes. There is always something. Which just goes to show that next time someone complains at you for how you enjoy your AcesHigh time.....don't bother listening to them or changing anything...because they will only find another reason to complain if you do.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2013, 06:30:07 PM »
Another thing I'd like to voice is that a lot of people have tried to make negative comment about the spitfire pilot's flying in the video. So a couple of points on that:

2) Most of the people with negative comments have decided they know the spitfire pilot and therefore voiced an opinion biased towards that person

4) None of the people who posted negative comments have had a fight this good for a long time against a spitfire

5) The above probably being because they gave up from the start, ready to blame the enemy's plane choice for their demise before it is even certain

And what is more, so many people complain about how others fly, what others fly, where others fly until they are blue in the face. But then when they see someone, as in this clip, flying it out till the end without using any of the supposed verboten tactics, they find another reason to complain! Incredible how hard it is to please a human being sometimes. There is always something. Which just goes to show that next time someone complains at you for how you enjoy your AcesHigh time.....don't bother listening to them or changing anything...because they will only find another reason to complain if you do.

With all due respect Bat, how does any of this address this particular pilots, "Look at me" antics?  I could care less about his tactics or fighting ability.  He fights, that's all I care about regarding fights.  People's disdain for his piloting follows the antics much like Brittany Spears.  Her idiotic choices in life don't make her voice bad...it makes me hate her, therefore I don't listen to her product, lol.

Look, I appreciate your motive, attempt and logic but as my lawyer says, "you defended the wrong crime".  Had we talked only about his flying ability, I would most likely agree.  That's only a fraction of why he attracts so much dung throwing.  He knows it....yet he continues it.  To me, that isn't worth defending sir but  :salute and BTW, you let him off at the 2 min mark and most definitely at the 3 min mark.  No question about it...but props for keeping the fight going and keeping your opponent believing in himself as you once did with me.  Kept me in the game actually but that's another story.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:32:19 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2013, 06:33:42 PM »
 so you didn't want opinions afterall  :huh
Lighten up Francis

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2013, 07:09:59 PM »

You have so missed the point of recent events that one wonders what your subconscious motivations are. Is it that you view the hostility towards your thinly veiled Spitfire pilot as unprovoked bullying and this has triggered a crusading  response in you? Are you being so obtuse that you can't see the dialectically treatment between those that support and those that oppose him? Remember I have been in both camps, your standpoint lacks perspective.

The recent events have very very little to do with the chosen aircraft or the so-called verboten shot, it is everything else he builds on those moments when this is successful that is the objectionable aspect. Are you really choosing to believe the increasingly enormous amount of smack talk is the hallmark of an innocent player who is all about the fight?

Your devious 'cultivating opinions' thread is nothing more than a contrived attempt to portray a segment of this community with a reasonable objection as malicious bullies.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2013, 07:16:21 PM »
Meh....Needs more taters  :D
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 07:23:39 PM »
It was good, but would have been even better if the Spitfire had a bud helping him and you downed them both.

2 v 1's are generally more fun because they add more SA to the fight, imho. :joystick:

Go to a lone field and get in a 5 v 1 in a hurri.  Then land.  That is worth a star.  Then do it three more times.

if we still had lone strats.....take 110g and register 6 kills against 2 109's (that kept coming for more) in a turn fight and land those.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:27:41 PM by ToeTag »
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 07:40:11 PM »
Are you really choosing to believe the increasingly enormous amount of smack talk is the hallmark of an innocent player who is all about the fight?

Your devious 'cultivating opinions' thread is nothing more than a contrived attempt to portray a segment of this community with a reasonable objection as malicious bullies.

Nrshida, with all respect, Batfink is one of the three best pilots I've ever met in AH2 (Shane and Lev being the other two).  He goes out of his way to be fair and pleasant to all, probably more than any other player.  You're way off the mark to attribute bad motives to him.

- oldman

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 07:47:30 PM »
Good fight.

At the start I think you may have over used the throttle. It also looked like you came in with a slight E advantage which was nullified with the chopped throttle.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 07:53:28 PM »

Nrshida, with all respect, Batfink is one of the three best pilots I've ever met in AH2 (Shane and Lev being the other two).  He goes out of his way to be fair and pleasant to all, probably more than any other player.  You're way off the mark to attribute bad motives to him.

- oldman

Batfink's flying has nothing to do with it. This is not a good time to post threads with subterfuge.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234