Author Topic: Henschel 129  (Read 13937 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Henschel 129
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 08:52:50 AM »
It'd be nice if someone with better handle on German would comment if I got the translation anywhere near correct.

You did.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2013, 08:56:55 AM »
35 tank to air kills this tour may qualify me to speak on this, though I doubt all were main gun shots, (some pintle gun, some proxies) I dare say a majority of them were main gun shots.......... all made from the gunner's position, as they flew right into my barrel, with an occasional lucky lead shot.   :aok  :ahand

:salute Nishizwa

yep I get mine in the gun sight also.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »
making aircraft immune to tank shells.

This would be allot closer to real life with only 1 instance recorded then the Gamey Tank Cupola Commander hitting a plane with's its main gun every time.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2013, 10:05:45 AM »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2013, 02:26:09 PM »
Ok, it qualifies you to speak on it but I didn't see you making a single argument/point regarding the issue? :headscratch: Was your only reason for posting that you've scored 35 kills in a tank this tour?
it wasn't a very long post, perhaps if you had read all of it including what I had quoted, you would've deduced that I was addressing the chorus of folks who have somewhat hijacked this thread erroneously thinking that main gun tank to air kills are made from the commander's position. 

I dare say a majority of them were main gun shots.......... all made from the gunner's position, as they flew right into my barrel, with an occasional lucky lead shot
As far as the OP, I think there are several other planes that should be added to the AH hanger before another scarcely used tank buster, namely arguably the best fighter of the war the Yak 3.

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2013, 02:32:38 PM »
it wasn't a very long post, perhaps if you had read all of it including what I had quoted, you would've deduced that I was addressing the chorus of folks who have somewhat hijacked this thread erroneously thinking that main gun tank to air kills are made from the commander's position.  As far as the OP, I think there are several other planes that should be added to the AH hanger before another scarcely used tank buster, namely arguably the best fighter of the war the Yak 3.

+1

(Every time I have main-gunned a plane it's been from the gun-site...)

And totally He-177 before Hs 129.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »
+1  H129

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »
Ive hit drones offline with the T34 at 1.5k by practicing it. You start off in commander mode tracking the con. You jump to gunner mode for the gunsight and pull lead and elevation. The offline target's azmuth setting helps with learning the elevation aspect. I've been wing shot increasingly by tanks at 1000-1200 since commander mode was introduced.

Same principle when being attacked by a jabo or IL2\G2 on final attack run. For several seconds the attacking plane has to fly straight down your gun that you alined from commander mode since your gun is slaved horizontaly to changing your PoV with your joystick. You cannot crack certain tanks with the NS-37 or BK3.7 effectively outside of 400 as a constant rule in the game. Even rockets have similare short range issues for accuracy. I'm observing an increasing number of rocket attackers shot by tank main guns during their last 1-2seconds of lineup.

The commander hanging his head out of the hatch with attacking planes should be a straffing target and not a god mode gun alignment toggel tool. F3 and IL2's furballing comes back to mind. The same for the crewman operating the top MG while being straffed by an attacking fighter. There would have been no purpose to creating the tools called Ju87G2 and Hs129 to crack tanks if ww2 tanks were able to defend themselves as efectively then with their main gun as an antiair defence as they can now in Aces High.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »
Remove the ability to fire in commander mode.

Add a delay perhaps. The TC view is supposed to represent the commander directing the crew.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »
These are the Werk Nummer's for the Hs-129

Werk Nummers are the same as a serial number or a VIN number <for cars> in the US ...for German Planes. They only get a werk nummer if they are produced. With out a werk nummer its hard to prove any German plane exists.

:salute

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2013, 11:24:18 PM »
Remove the ability to fire in commander mode.
Every main gun plane kill I have made in AH has been made from the gun sight, not from the commander's position.  On most of such kills I haven't even needed to use the commander's position to get the turret facing the right way as the aircraft has obligingly flown straight at my gun.

You can't remove a problem that is not just caused by tank modeling by changing the way the tanks are modeled.  The frequency of aircraft attacking tanks from very low altitudes also plays a significant role in how commonly aircraft are downed by the main gun of a tank in AH.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2013, 11:35:53 PM »
Curiosity here then: What prevented RL tank crews to kill planes with the main gun like we do? I would guess the delay between commands given and/or the fact that the crew never saw the planes in the first place because they're too busy inside.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2013, 12:22:31 AM »
Curiosity here then: What prevented RL tank crews to kill planes with the main gun like we do? I would guess the delay between commands given and/or the fact that the crew never saw the planes in the first place because they're too busy inside.

FWIW, I have seen an account by an M1 tank commander who said that they are now trained to use the main tube to shoot at aircraft. I imagine this is more effective against helicopters than MiGs, but I thought it was interesting.

Oldman

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2013, 09:23:15 AM »
it wasn't a very long post, perhaps if you had read all of it including what I had quoted, you would've deduced that I was addressing the chorus of folks who have somewhat hijacked this thread erroneously thinking that main gun tank to air kills are made from the commander's position. 

Heh, ok. I thought the fact that the shooting is done from the gunsight view to be given since unless you have a piece of post-it in the middle of the screen, there's no real gun sight in the commander position.

As far as the OP, I think there are several other planes that should be added to the AH hanger before another scarcely used tank buster, namely arguably the best fighter of the war the Yak 3.

There indeed are several planes that should be added before Hs129, but as far as Soviet planeset goes Yak-3 isn't one of them.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 11:48:32 AM »
Agreed, yak-3 is not a priority when we have the Yak 9. Like the difference between the G14 and the K4, only less pronounced; one is slower but a bit better handling, while the other is faster.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"