Author Topic: Just have to say  (Read 4759 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Just have to say
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2013, 09:35:14 PM »
Rot, it's near impossible to intentionally ram and give damage and not receive damage due to unknown lag differences. Since planes are free and nobody really dies, intentional rams would increase if both took damage every time. Dweebs will be dweebs.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »
Fighter Ace was not a pier to pier game.

'peer to peer'

Piers are for fishing.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2013, 12:28:27 AM »
'peer to peer'

Piers are for fishing.

"Dammit Jim, I'm a network expert not an English Professor"  ;)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2013, 12:37:16 AM »
Rot, it's near impossible to intentionally ram and give damage and not receive damage due to unknown lag differences. Since planes are free and nobody really dies, intentional rams would increase if both took damage every time. Dweebs will be dweebs.

I know, I stated that; that if someone tries to ram they will get damage if they succeed. I'm not saying both should take damage. 

What I'm saying is bombers, unless you are 999/Snail,  are at a pretty good disadvantage. What happens is a guy comes in full bore, pulls away at last second, his angle was to high/speed to great for gunner to track him, bomber gets a collision on his end, ftr doesn't. The bomber can't do anything about it, why should he get the damage?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2013, 12:44:22 AM »
"Dammit Jim, I'm a network expert not an English Professor"  ;)

:lol

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2013, 01:52:57 AM »
'peer to peer'
Piers are for fishing
Way to pick the petty, persnickety and petulant path rather than addressing the substance of what he has to say......  Basically proving one of his points in his original post...
Yama, I feel your pain.....  whether it's Goofy Tricksters 101 stick-stirring subterranean flights or trying to saddle up on warpy warpsters..... Sadly those who haven't seen seemingly seamless enemy flight paths on a server based flight sim won't ever get the disparity we're talking about.   But, alas our beloved Fighter Ace is gone and rather than dwell on AH's comparative shortcomings, I choose rather to accentuate its positives.

:salute Nishizwa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2013, 01:53:39 AM »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2013, 03:02:16 AM »
Way to pick the petty, persnickety and petulant path rather than addressing the substance of what he has to say......  Basically proving one of his points in his original post...
Yama, I feel your pain.....  whether it's Goofy Tricksters 101 stick-stirring subterranean flights or trying to saddle up on warpy warpsters..... Sadly those who haven't seen seemingly seamless enemy flight paths on a server based flight sim won't ever get the disparity we're talking about.   But, alas our beloved Fighter Ace is gone and rather than dwell on AH's comparative shortcomings, I choose rather to accentuate its positives.

You should have been a writer  :aok

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2013, 03:44:20 AM »
You should have been a writer  :aok
:D as long as my literary musings can hold up to anal Arlo's exemplary English scrutiny ...  I'm satisfied.    :aok

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2013, 11:05:39 AM »

Well said Nishizwa and I like your attitude.  I've always enjoyed my fights with you and you're deadly in those maneuverable planes if I lose the speed and E advantage.
Fight's on!

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2013, 11:15:06 AM »
:D as long as my literary musings can hold up to anal Arlo's exemplary English scrutiny ...  I'm satisfied.    :aok

Just be glad he didn't post a picture of a pier when he posted that.  I was shocked.   :O
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2013, 11:37:17 AM »
Yama, I feel your pain.....  whether it's Goofy Tricksters 101 stick-stirring subterranean flights or trying to saddle up on warpy warpsters..... Sadly those who haven't seen seemingly seamless enemy flight paths on a server based flight sim won't ever get the disparity we're talking about.   But, alas our beloved Fighter Ace is gone and rather than dwell on AH's comparative shortcomings, I choose rather to accentuate its positives.

Who the hades are you and how long have you been his mommy?

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »
Just be glad he didn't post a picture of a pier when he posted that.  I was shocked.   :O

It's not shocking just a bit sad that we all can't be a little more respectful to each other.  If anything ever stops me from logging on to the game it would be the attitudes of some of the folks here.  My time is limited and I'm discerning with respect to whom I'll spend it with.  Luckily there are far more decent good sports here than Rumal and Phaelen types. 
Fight's on!

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2013, 12:01:09 PM »
What are these better flight simulators? What are these well known cheats that nothing is done about? How much did fighter ace cost and why is it out of business? If collisions are so aggravating would it be better to just turn them off? How do I deliberately collide with someone on there FE, why would that be easier than using guns? Am understanding correctly that a server based game means that a player's control inputs travel to the server and the changes in position come back?
Pies not kicks.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
It's not shocking just a bit sad that we all can't be a little more respectful to each other.  If anything ever stops me from logging on to the game it would be the attitudes of some of the folks here.  My time is limited and I'm discerning with respect to whom I'll spend it with.  Luckily there are far more decent good sports here than Rumal and Phaelen types. 

Very sad.  Very sad, indeed. 

:salute 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-