Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 54371 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #1620 on: May 27, 2024, 10:15:59 AM »
This F4 module is bad ass

https://youtu.be/-Iq4CawtKjg

So you need 2 threads? Keep that crap here. Willful idiocy
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1621 on: May 27, 2024, 10:42:29 AM »

I'll believe it when I'm actually launching it.

of course one must always manage expectations.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #1622 on: May 27, 2024, 01:18:39 PM »
So you need 2 threads? Keep that crap here. Willful idiocy

don't you have cats to go poison?
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1623 on: May 27, 2024, 01:51:53 PM »
don't you have cats to go poison?

You’re nothing but a pc warrior who would learn very quick how to mind your manners had you met anyone. Your pc is the shield of a coward. You have zero fan club here. You have a few who tolerate your needy arrogance. You thrive on negative attention. Then gaslight to excuse away your actions that draw it.

I’d save a cat before I’d save you. A cat has more dignity. <shrug>
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #1624 on: May 27, 2024, 02:02:10 PM »
You’re nothing but a pc warrior who would learn very quick how to mind your manners had you met anyone. Your pc is the shield of a coward. You have zero fan club here. You have a few who tolerate your needy arrogance. You thrive on negative attention. Then gaslight to excuse away your actions that draw it.

I’d save a cat before I’d save you. A cat has more dignity. <shrug>

I met everyone from Aces high at the dayton events.

Don't you have a Liberal fund raiser to go pass out pamphlets at?
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1625 on: May 29, 2024, 02:59:33 PM »
Hadn't heard about this one.  Probably no one around here's cup of tea but it is interesting it looks like the Snail™ is starting to dabble a littler further towards sim.  Like aiming halfway on the scale between WT and AH.

Maybe this is why HT is exploring Vulkan.  I'd think AH would have to be dumbed down quite a bit to be console viable.

Something I noticed mentioned.  This will be buy-to-own.  All vehicles available.  No grind.  That is a big change of strategy for The Snail™.

Never played WT.  Maybe this IS just WT Sim-Mode VR ported to the PSVR platform?  And they are going try buy-to-own rather than grind on that platform.

Unclear if this is new dev or just a port. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 05:40:22 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1626 on: May 29, 2024, 08:44:25 PM »
I add a LOT of curve for rudder... on everything.  For the Stick I usually set to 15.  That said, I don't think I'll ever get my head around the rudder.  Doesn't matter what plane, it seems like it's way, way, way, too sensitive.  I have no idea regarding real life, but it just doesn't feel right.

Go to the control settings, select your pitch, click axis tune, add a curve. Repeat for roll. Maybe a 15 for starters.

Thanks, guys! This helped a bunch!  I've got roughly 50 minutes of time on so far.  I made my own checklist and cold started the A4 today without having to watch the video.  Landings have been a little  :uhoh, but any landing you walk away from is a good landing...am I right?

Gonna spend more time getting familiar with things before I start learning weapons and radar for the A4.  Right now, I'll just stick to buzzing the tower and doing my own airshow routine using the Blue Angels skin  :rock
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1627 on: May 29, 2024, 10:39:41 PM »
Gonna spend more time getting familiar with things before I start learning weapons and radar for the A4.  Right now, I'll just stick to buzzing the tower and doing my own airshow routine using the Blue Angels skin  :rock

Do you have Tacview?  That can be a really helpful to record and analyze your flights.  There is a free personal license.

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1628 on: May 29, 2024, 11:46:19 PM »
Do you have Tacview?  That can be a really helpful to record and analyze your flights.  There is a free personal license.

Not required, definitely helpful.  Set it & forget it, like me.  Every so often I'll remember I have it and go discover hundreds of new recordings to check out.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1629 on: May 30, 2024, 08:04:53 AM »

I will look into it!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1630 on: May 30, 2024, 08:24:43 AM »
Tacview is nice to figure out what happened, but I use it less and less as I gain experience. 

One item I find indispensable is Vaicom Pro.  It pretty much eliminates having to use menus by making everything voice activated.  For instance, in the A-4 start up you just ask the crew chief to apply power and then disconnect.  This is very useful when air to air refueling or landing on the carrier, as you do not have to take your hand off the HOTAS to deal with menus.  It also makes the flying more immersive.

Additionally, the kneeboard function automatically writes down communications.  This is very useful when the carrier is giving you initial check in information or when getting targeting info from JTAC.  The kneeboards also have a list of voice commands watermarked for the different assets (tanker, wingmen, ATC).

Vaicom is free, but it does require VoiceAttack which cost $10.  VoiceAttack also works very well in AH (I use it to switch gunner positions in buffs while in VR).

Here is a YouTube on Vaicom.  It is long, but tells you everything you need to install and setup.

Glad you are having fun Banshee.  It only gets more so as you learn.  :salute
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 08:36:49 AM by edge12674 »

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1631 on: May 30, 2024, 10:20:31 AM »
Tracks (not Tacview) have long been notoriously bad in DCS. Even if you don't pause or change anything they would often lose sync and lose all resemblance to the mission flown. A recent update made that better. It's useful for making movies but for flight analysis you definitely want Tacview.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1632 on: May 30, 2024, 07:12:20 PM »
Always check after every update.  The .trk system will always be more borked, less borked, or same borked.  But it will be borked.

You can take the .trk, change it to .miz, run it in a MP server and sometimes it will work occasionally maybe if your lucky.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1633 on: June 01, 2024, 03:04:30 AM »
Casual warning to MSFS users; update 15 is bugged as fudge. It will corrupt your game and delete itself when you restart the sim in a forever checking for updates screen.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1634 on: June 01, 2024, 11:12:07 PM »
Casual warning to MSFS users; update 15 is bugged as fudge. It will corrupt your game and delete itself when you restart the sim in a forever checking for updates screen.

I deleted the remnants of that SOB-POS pile of steaming possum feces eating trash only MS could dream up like 2mo ago.... when I found it was no longer on my system.  Just...gone (mostly).  Then I DL'd it (again), over however many hours, only to find that "insert DVD", that I never even had, or whatever bs, again.  10 wasted minutes later, gone.  For good.

Done. 

I sincerely doubt I'll get duped into the next one... that should be an upgrade anyway.  F'em