Author Topic: Limit the N1K to the 2 week free trial.  (Read 1904 times)

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yonkis.com
Limit the N1K to the 2 week free trial.
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2002, 02:26:58 AM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE

Sorry Dark, the english spokers will not be able to understad ;)

"What can do the Nikki that cant the Spit? NOTHING."

Yes, is NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING, Nocilla Nocilla Nocilla. Mandoble, mi ingles es muy muy "rubbish". Aunque casi mejor, porque si pudiera decirles todo lo que pienso seguro que me echan del foro.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2002, 02:29:34 AM »
Originally posted by DarkglamJG52
Yes, is NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING, Nocilla Nocilla Nocilla. Mandoble, mi ingles es muy muy "rubbish". Aunque casi mejor, porque si pudiera decirles todo lo que pienso seguro que me echan del foro.

It's a bad idea to let Mandoble speak for you, even if you think you agree with him.  Trust me.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2002, 03:21:40 AM »
Originally posted by Blue Mako
Maybe you are just trying to get them neutered so the are even easier to kill?

Just the opposite. A perked spit would be mostly flown by good pilots, it would become a much more formidable opponent this way but, at least, the arena would be cleaned of the spit dweeb-sprayer plague. A well flown spit is almost as dangerous as a La7 or Yak9U, SpitXIV is actually far more dangerous than a La7.

DMF, all this thread is about MA, not about some other fantasy scenary.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2002, 04:27:46 AM »
Just the opposite. A perked spit would be mostly flown by good pilots, it would become a much more formidable opponent this way but, at least, the arena would be cleaned of the spit dweeb-sprayer plague. A well flown spit is almost as dangerous as a La7 or Yak9U, SpitXIV is actually far more dangerous than a La7.
[/b]

The spit dweeb-sprayer plague?  It's only a plague to you, it seems.  The rest of the peopel fly whatever they like, including the Spitfire pilots, and they enjoy themselves.  It seems you're also in favor of perking the La7 and Yak-9U as well.  Wow, where does it ever end?

I agree about the Spit XIV however.  It is deservedly perked.

No, some of this thread is about the MA.  Specific discussions about flight models have nothing to do with the MA itself.  Or at least they shouldn't, though you continue to insist erroneously to the contrary.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2002, 04:39:07 AM »
DMF, 2 + 2 = 4, you may continue arguing if you wish forever about being that also questionable.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2002, 04:51:18 AM »
DMF, 2 + 2 = 4, you may continue arguing if you wish forever about being that also questionable.

It's obvious you have nothing to contribute to this thread any longer if this is all you can offer.  Typical.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline AndyH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.ahope.myby.co.uk/wod/
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2002, 05:18:38 AM »
Originally posted by Steven
 Kill an "ace" in an LA7 while flying an 109E and get even more perks, but kill a newbie in an LA7 and get less perks.

Excelent idea.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2002, 08:03:10 AM »
Originally posted by Kieran

1. This is your way of saying, "Hey, look at me! Despite the Spitfire being the bestest plane of AH, and totally unrealistically modeled, I still manage a superior k/d against it, making me one of the bestest pilots in AH", or;

i'm 26/5 vs all fw marks, ergo *I'm* the bestest pilot in AH since i didn't kill any of 'em by vulching, unlike some FWeenies I could name.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2002, 08:07:55 AM »

i have enough perkies to keep me in spit14's for quite a while, but i still don't fly it much...  hardly at all, really.  

spit's are NOT worth perking.  and this coming from one who has flown a lot of spits in his time in AH but has moved on to a better plane - the pony.

:D
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2002, 08:10:14 AM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Steven
Kill an "ace" in an LA7 while flying an 109E and get even more perks, but kill a newbie in an LA7 and get less perks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by AndyH

Excelent idea.

"ace"  is that like some real skilled vulcher/cherrypicker/hordemonkey??

:confused:

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2002, 08:19:50 AM »
I think threads like this should be perked.

First thing I think when I see a Spit, N1k1, la, and yak.... ah good another DWEEB to add to my kill list!

And then I kill them to prove it.

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2002, 08:29:16 AM »
For those of you unfamiliar with Mandoble, here is a brief summation of his activity on these forums .

1. Planes that don't have black crosses on their wings are overmodeled planes that should either be perked or neutered and are flown by pilots of low skill .

2. Planes with Iron crosses on their wings are undermodeled planes with porked FM's that are very difficult to fly and are flown by talented pilots of the game .

3. Anyone who doesn't agree with his assertion of the aforementioned must prove him wrong, but be advised he has never conceded to reason thus far .

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2002, 08:31:50 AM »
Mandoble's argument fluxuates between "there are too many Spits" to "They are impossible to beat" to "Their guns are too powerful" to "I only want experts in them", despite the fact that no stats can be produced, or any credible information for that matter, to back any of his claims. It's just silly someone so successful against them would argue so ardently- especially since the plane he chooses to fly is superior in performance and in fact is a later model than three of the Spitfires he wants to perk. There is no historical or gameplay reasoning for perking Spits (come on, perk the Spit I?) and not perking every Fw right along with them.

For this reason, I have developed a new "Mandoble Rating System". It works like this...

At the end of the tour, every plane is stacked against the Fw. The plane that shot it down the least is perked 1 point, the next 2, and so on until all planes are ranked according to their lethality. This will ensure Mandoble's fantasy superiority arena does pop into being, and the spirit of Kurt Tank will smile upon AH.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2002, 08:55:57 AM »
Originally posted by Kieran
especially since the plane he chooses to fly is superior in performance and in fact is a later model than three of the Spitfires he wants to perk.

You have a very particular vission of 190A5.

In the other hand, my point of view doesn't fluctuate, and has no relation with the planes being able to kill my 190 (the entire planeset is more than able of that). The main argument key is numbers, usage, overusage. Then, the "why these numbers", and that is performance (guns included).

Why people fly spit massively? Cause it is easy-mode? 205, 202, 109F, Zeke, Ki61, F6F are as easy or easier. Then why? Pure performance. It seems that for newbies, turning, climbing, diving and firing performances are more important than pure top speed.

Performance -> Overusage -> Not plane-rich arena -> boring -> thinking about limiting overused plane usage -> perk system.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2002, 09:25:54 AM »
So all those plane are easy mode. But the Spit outperforms them. Thats interesting.

I recall in another sim that Spits were all over the damn place, to such an extent that they made "Spit Factories" that you could bomb to prevent your enemy from flying them. The spit is both an easy plane to fly successfully, and it is one of the most popular planes of the war (I'm talking about outside of the flightsim community). It shouldn't be surprizing that they are so popular in the game. I don't see how having a bunch of spits flying around makes gameplay boring for you. :confused: I think you're just a malcontent

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.