Author Topic: Al Franken vs. Fox News  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2003, 04:27:11 PM »
Well fdski, with such a case, we must raise discussions to another level, albeit, a more challenging one.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2003, 04:28:48 PM »
Sandman,..dizzy occurred after passing out, but I managed to use my cat to break the fall.  Now if I could only get these claws extricated from my back, I would be good to go. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2003, 05:48:55 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Franken was never funny.   He did more to destroy SNL than any other living human being.

Franken was one of the main writers on SNL during the golden years of 1975 to 1980. He received 5 Emmy's for writing and producing.

destroyed SNL? LOL

Offline Erlkonig

• Nickel Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2003, 06:33:09 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
I understand completely.  Just the object of the thread is that for some reason, Fox is not permitted to defend its copyriight due to its perceived stance on issues.

Political stance of a medium is relative to the observer.

Who said anything about permission?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2003, 06:40:13 PM »
Then you think it's okay for Fox to seek legal recourse?

Then 'Where's the Beef?"

« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 06:49:10 PM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2003, 06:48:51 PM »
I was scratchin' my head too MT...

In fact, until Franken left SNL for the last time, the only time he *wasn't* there was through the worst, most pathetic years SNL ever had. SNL almost didn't survive it.

He was there from '75-'80.... then '85-'95.

To say "he did more to destroy SNL than any other living human being" had me thinking... "Huh? Did Yeager actually LIKE the early 80's years of SNL?!"

Then it struck me... "Of course!" I said....

What the hell is this thread talking about in the first place?! - Republicans have got no sense of humor. Duh...

Makes sense now.

:p

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2003, 06:51:57 PM »
So Nash, you actually enjoyed Stuart Smiley?

I remember his "Al Franken Decade" observation on SNL news, I think it is a classic.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2003, 06:52:32 PM »
SCTV kicked SNLs bellybutton anyways.

Charon

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2003, 07:04:19 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Franken was one of the main writers on SNL during the golden years of 1975 to 1980. He received 5 Emmy's for writing and producing.

destroyed SNL? LOL

I don't get it. If he was a main writer for SNL and very talented, why did he write such crappy skits for himself?

OH, I get it...he was an arnoldhole!

Now I get it...too funny!

Offline Erlkonig

• Nickel Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2003, 07:33:09 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Then you think it's okay for Fox to seek legal recourse?

Then 'Where's the Beef?"

Yes, I think it is great that Fox News used this situation to again demonstrate what a bunch of raging right-wing lunatics they are.  That their lawyers resorted to O'Club-Repugnantcan-style personal attacks and name-calling in the suit demonstrates to me that even they know they have little chance at legal recourse.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2003, 07:36:30 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Franken was never funny.   He did more to destroy SNL than any other living human being.

How quickly they forget Joe Piscopo. Al Franken actually IS funny, but it's very aquired viewing.(Remember the Year of (ME) Al Franken?) He is a very intellegent, well read and dry as a bone personality. He has been a guest on several of the Sunday morning political shows as a SERIOUS guest. You might not like his views, but he knows his stuff. His head can barely contain his big giant brain, but that is painfully obvious from his photo.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2003, 07:40:37 PM »
Originally posted by Erlkonig
Yes, I think it is great that Fox News used this situation to again demonstrate what a bunch of raging right-wing lunatics they are.  That their lawyers resorted to O'Club-Repugnantcan-style personal attacks and name-calling in the suit demonstrates to me that even they know they have little chance at legal recourse.

Wow... seems you didn't read your own posting.

Bill O'Reilly called Al Franken and idiot, not Fox News lawyers.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2003, 07:57:57 PM »
Oh so now Franken was the creative genious of SNL from 75 to 80.  Sure....................yoube tcha    uh hu..............

Whatever Franken did as a writer for SNL tween 75 and 80 can best be described as break even writing.  When the original cast was there to deliever his supposed magifigance it was alright at best.  Once he began delivering his comedy in person it was just plain terrible.

I have watched Franken perform over the last half dozen years and I will give everyone an equal opportunity to entertain me but that guy is terrible as far as political commentary and humor are concerned.  Atrocious.  His latest foray into Andy Kaufman style comedy is just pure bullsh*t.  Its a rip off and you morons are out there buying his book.  Just goes to show ya.......call them stupid and they will obey.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2003, 08:18:26 PM »
Aw hell, I did buy his book "Rush Limbaugh..." and I enjoyed it.  I guess I'll have to live with being an idiot.  Is there any hope for me, Yeager, or am I now an idiot for life because I like something you don't?

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Al Franken vs. Fox News
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2003, 08:22:10 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Aw hell, I did buy his book "Rush Limbaugh..." and I enjoyed it.  I guess I'll have to live with being an idiot.  Is there any hope for me, Yeager, or am I now an idiot for life because I like something you don't?

SOB

According to you I am an idiot for life for being against the socialized healhcare system...

Enjoy your book.