Author Topic: Perk the La7  (Read 11521 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Perk the La7
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2001, 10:43:00 AM »
Toad was spot on.

'FM should be toned down'
'Can't have been that way in RL'

I paraphrase, of course.

This thread should called - 'How to lose an argument within 3 posts of starting'.  :D
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline DingHao2

• Copper Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
I just looked @ the kill to death ratio in the scores section.  The stats??

F4U-C: 2.4147 kills/deaths
Fw-190 D-9: 1.4702 kills/deaths--the best non-perked plane!
La-7: 1.2706 kills/deaths
Ta-152 H-1: 2.2637 kills/deaths
Tempest: 3.6139 kills/deaths
N1K2-J: 1.2180 kills/deaths

I see no reason why the la-7 should be perked; these stats show that is beatable and is not the best plane!

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Perk the La7
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2001, 02:00:00 PM »
LOL Tards!    :D

Perk 'em All.

Rolling Perk Set!!!

[ 06-26-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Perk the La7
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2001, 02:36:00 PM »
Well, Wulfe, it seems you are not available to do some TA test. No problem, I did them for you:

The test:
190A8 4x20, 190F8 2x20, 190A5 4x20, SpitIX 2x20 + 2x50.
All 75% fuel + DT.
Tests were done climbing to the test alt (no wep), droping the DT and full power and then WEP ON until 30 secs with no speed neddle movements.

5k:
190A5 -> 330 mph
190A8 -> 325 mph
190F8 -> 325 mph
SpitIX -> 320 mph

10k:
190A5 -> 305 mph
190A8 -> 305 mph
190F8 -> 302 mph
SpitIX -> 318 mph

higher that 10k = more advantage for the spit.

190A/F have a minimal edge only up to 5k (more or less). So, the conclusion is that 190A5 (the fastest at 5k) is a faster plane than SpitIX... ...LOL, better luck with next absurd assumption mate.

Hey, and, at least for me, there are more than a single plane of motion. SpitIX is faster than any 190A/F at any alt in the vertical.

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »
SWulfe,

To respond to your pulling my kill stats, most of my being killed in a La7 is due to being vulched.  Since it has the best acceleration and can get off the runway quicker than snot that is my plane of choice when my field is under attack.  I just choose to fly other airplanes and don't spend a lot of time in the La7.

Ding,
Kill/Death ratios of various airplanes barely mean squat.  There are numerous factors which come into play.  A lot of it is who's flying the airplanes.  Most of the Tempest guys are good pilots with lots of perks I'd expect.  Same is true for Ta152s and would probably guess most of their kills are against BUFFS anyway. I'd say most the higher K/D ratio of perk airplane kills are due to a higher percentage of better pilots flying them.

I'll be the first one to admit the La7 guns really suck. Low ammo loadout and poor range are it's achilles heel.  However, with the FM the way it is you can overcome that fault.  IMHO, the La7 just does too many things too well in the FM and does not reflect my PERCEPTION of what that airplane did in real life.  And NO, I don't have the real life test data or anything to back this up.  I'm not saying it should be perked 70 points, maybe closer to 8 like the CHog.  Either that, or recheck the FM cause it just seems outta whack.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »
Hey Mandoble, I noted in your profile that you are a "Systems Analist"..interesting!

I'm a Systems Analyst but I'd like to know whats different from an "Analist" hehe!
<S>

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2001, 02:45:00 PM »
First of all, I'm at work so I can't do anything.

Second of all, I don't know how you did those tests. Was that max speed or was that when you felt like recording the speeds?

Max speed is when the plane no longer accelerates faster.

I outrun SpitIXs all the time in the 190A5, so I think your data is wrong.

You won't convince me the SpitIX deserves perking anyway.. that's more absurd than anything I've heard.
-SW

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »
Okay, I give up. This thread is simply a waste of my time to read and reply to.

HTC won't perk the La7 or the SpitIX, so my defending that the La7 or SpitIX don't need to be perked isn't really needed either.

Perking is an excuse for inability to counter what you haven't taken the time to intelligently understand.
-SW

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2001, 02:50:00 PM »
so faster means it should be perked?  

P51's should be perked because they dictate the fight?  the pony just barely has a 1 K/D.  I think a plane that "dictates" the fight would have a much higher K/D ratio.  So it must be the pilots not flying it that keeps the K/D around 1?  3 of the 4 190's have better K/D.  You're not saying LW pilots are better than Pony pilots are you???   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:
Perking is an excuse for inability to counter what you haven't taken the time to intelligently understand.
-SW

or because you're sick of seeing the pretty blue plane WITHOUT the yellow ring around the cowling!   ;)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
Or 4 cannons giving you a case of hemorhoids the likes you have never experienced and would hope to never encounter! <G>
-SW

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »
Or because you're sick of complaining of dying to "HO dweebs with a severe lack of ACM"!  (if they have no ACM, shouldn't those with fair to good ACM chew 'em up??)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
Or because you're sick of complaining about seeing so many of the same plane (read: dying to the same plane)
-SW

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Perk the La7
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2001, 03:17:00 PM »
SWulfe, My data is not wrog, I repeated the tests two times per plane. The max speed was "marked" when no more speed gain was achieven in 30 seconds. that is, with the speed indicator static for 30 seconds (max power wep on).

It is independent of what you or me "feel" when fighting against or in spits. SpitIX is faster than any 190A/F (except up 5k), and that is a fact.

I still have not done acceleration tests, but the initial feeling in my top speed tests is that SpitIX also outaccelerates any 190A/F.

And now some final words about perking Spit or any other plane.

We have an arena, we have a perk system and we have a score system. Any other thing aside these is just subjetive and personal feelings about how to "feel" and play the game.
For fighters, K/D K/S K/T and HPc are the factors that count. Spit has hispanos, few spent ammo = kills, easy to aim with so "perfect" bullet trajectory also. Add the super menouverability and you'll have exceptional K/T K/S and HPc. Obviously, if you fly spit and go low where you have no more speed advantage over most of the planes, you'll need to fight your RTB, so, perhaps your K/D will suffer a bit.
With these parameters lets rate D9:
Exceptional speed, so, you'll be able to flee in most situations, that implies potential great K/D. But attack setup need time, and you cant turn with most of the planes, add horribly ballistic and weapon set, and you'll have a mediocre K/T K/S and HPc.

So, basically, what is the plane with more chances to be greatly rewarded by AH "automatic-reward" system? IMO the SpitIX with no doubt over 190D9.

And I insist, SpitIX seems a mediocre fighter because is widely bad flown, and because its "uberness" is a really bad point to learn a bit about aerial combat. But if I go with a 190A5 against myself in a SpitIX (co E), my SpitIX incarnation will win 100% of the fights with no doubt, that or a drawn (not counting HO kills). Even more, I flying 190D9 against myself flying SpitIX, it will be a draw 100% of the times.

In an arena with no icons, things would be really different, and D9 could be a serial killer, but not here.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Perk the La7
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2001, 03:20:00 PM »
Stats say otherwise in respect to the 190D9. BUt of course, if the stats don't work for your side of the argument, then they must not be showing the whole picture!
-SW