Author Topic: What would you change and why?  (Read 4804 times)

Offline Misfit

• Nickel Member
What would you change and why?
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2004, 09:01:53 PM »
Hey Morph,
Your boy Mane taking alot of fire for acting the exact way you would like to see change. :eek:

This is a great thread with alot of good ideas. I personally would like to see CH1 gone, but i do realize the otherside to the argument on this topic.

I would also like to see the A8 be able to out turn Spit V's and blow the doors off of LA7s.:D

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2004, 09:53:28 PM »
Jinx I know your better than to be one to sling mud so I'll leave it at that. We all have our moments. He's a great guy. HiTech already locked the classless thread that was posted so that aught to tell you something how not to handle it. So lets leave it at that. If someone has a problem with someone else then he or she aught to take it up with that person in an adult way or go directly to HiTech. Using the BB as to fulfill your personal vendetta is just about as childish as it gets. (and I am not directing that at you Jinx just so you know) I am simply saying how I think it should be handled.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2004, 11:10:43 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
If not just closer fields then simply have an early war area on the map where late war planes couldn't get to.

lazs

I agree with Laz on this one. The furball island of early war planes on Ozkansas is great fun!

Offline Misfit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2004, 01:14:08 AM »
Ah no, didnt mean to come across like i was tossin Mud. My bad:(

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2004, 01:59:14 AM »
I would cast Pizza and Mindanao into the black depths of the abyss to burn for all time among the Counter Strike junkies and Everquest addicts.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2004, 03:00:45 AM »
Mindy is a fantastic map.  I don't like CS or EQ.  Weird, hunh?

...oh, and I would like to add that I would like to see the distance a carrier group must be kept offshore to be increased. Maybe something like 3-5 miles.  Never should we be taking off from a land based field and already be under the ack umbrella of the fleet.  Plus it just gets 'em sunk faster.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2004, 04:48:04 AM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by lazs2
If not just closer fields then simply have an early war area on the map where late war planes couldn't get to.

lazs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe, I'm convinced you're a closet RPS enthusiast. An RPS would solve that problem for you - one week out of three maybe.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2004, 04:53:43 AM »

my underwear, it's starting to feel stiff and crusty.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2004, 04:57:25 AM »
Originally posted by Furious
I would like to see the distance a carrier group must be kept offshore to be increased. Maybe something like 3-5 miles.  Never should we be taking off from a land based field and already be under the ack umbrella of the fleet.  Plus it just gets 'em sunk faster.

Agree with this one 100%. Also closer fields, more CVs is always better...  ;)

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2004, 05:02:29 AM »
More aircraft available only from certain fields,then once those fields were captured you no longer had access to those aircraft,would make folks defend fields more,and make takin em more fun.:D

And yes,more sheep per mile.......
Joc

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2004, 05:16:49 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
my underwear, it's starting to feel stiff and crusty.
WB had a game stat for counting the most number of planes you killed since last death, but it could also be used for measuring how long it had been since you changed your underwear. The name of that stat: Longest Streak.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2004, 05:27:16 AM »
Waking up and reading about Steves stiff underwear... Only on this BB could I have read such a thing.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2004, 05:31:20 AM »
Tell me that ain't enough to make you wanna go back to bed Morph. :lol

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2004, 06:30:53 AM »
Hmmm I wonder if .move will work in AH2.   sometimes it does in AH1. might be dependant on how close they are to field they upped.
wonder if it could be set to .move field # , if enemy field, maybe to send you to closest freindly field. hmm just a thought.  
;)

Originally posted by Rolex
rolex........

do ".move base#"

u wont have to look all over map, takes u directly to base your looking for
-------\\---

Thanks BigB717. I know this, but you must be in the tower and your country must own the base. The calls for troops, vehicle supplies, air cover, or to rain ordinance down on the heads of enemy gv's go unheeded many times because people simply can't find the field being attacked. Of course, typing out the sector with the field # would solve it, but, but, but... common sense isn't very common. :)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2004, 07:22:59 AM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Why? Isnt that what the game is about?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me the fundamental underlying premise of the game "Aces" "HIGH" is a combat flight simulator using WW2 era aircraft. If land grabbing were the underlying premise it might be called "Global" "Conquest" or something. THe land grabbing aspect just provides a context for the perpetuation of the airiel conflict, nothing more.

The land grabbing is just a means to the end, the end being the airiel combat. That is why maps come and go, bases come and go, but the fighting remains largely the same and continues in basically the same form without interuption ad infinitum.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc