Author Topic: Question to Finns  (Read 25064 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2005, 05:59:51 PM »
Originally posted by spitfiremkv
locking up the NKVD infested Soviet population was a good idea IMO.:p

what a bloody stupid pos.

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2005, 06:26:23 PM »
BTW, Boroda, I might[/i] be coming to Moscow in August for the MAKS Airshow, I am not sure yet if I'll be able to come.. But at least some of us Finns are going (Grendel plus friends :)). I'll try to make it, I'll need some cash and some spare time in August...

Oops, sorry, going a bit offtopic :rolleyes: (Yeah, like this thread hasn't gotten out of hand already..)
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2005, 06:40:53 PM »
Originally posted by Wmaker
There is a book called "Menetetty lapsuus suomalaismiehittäjien vankeudessa 1941-44" written about these workcamps in Karelia by Marja-Leena Mikkola.

http://www.keskipohjanmaa.fi/gen/300404.asp

I say it again. There were no concentration camps. There were work camps where conditions definately weren't good. Where I come from concentration camp means a place were people are "concentrated" and systematically exterminated. There were no such camps in Karelia...they were work camps.

Ok. Work camps fpr "migrants". Politicall corectness has it's roots as deep as in 1940s Finland.

You can name it however you like, it doesn't change the fact that Soviet people were starved there on industrial basis.

Those camps were started by an order from Finnish Army HQ given on 8.7.1941 went like this: "People from eastern Karelia should be treated kindly but carefully. The Soviet population are to be captured and put to the workcamps.".

The Soviet population are to be captured and put to the workcamps[/i]

Ok. So you admit that Finnish politics was national segregation with one part of population ("Soviets", AKA Russians, Ukrainians, Jews and other nationalities) had to be put into "workcamps" (a Finnish newspeak word for concentration camps), and other part, a Finnish (Saam) minority enjoyed some privileges if they wore special armbands (heimokansalainen, I hope I spelled it correctly, had to transcribe it bach to Latin from Cyrillic).

Sure. Kindly but carefully starved to death. My hat of for kindness of Finnish occupants.

In summer of -42 there were total of 24000 prisoners. The total death toll depending on sources is between 4600-8000. So these Boroda's figures (150000 deaths) are just some soviet propaganda he's picked up from somewhere.

Sorry, I just took 150000 from the cieling, I don't have any exact numbers. With death rate higher then in nazi camps - the rotation of the camps population had to be really fast.

Again: there was nothing about Finnish concentration camps in Soviet propaganda. I learned about this sad facts in late-90s.

This is definately something that there's not much reason to be proud of and it's very unfortunate. The main reason why these people ended up in these camps was because unlike Finland, USSR didn't care s*** about its citizens and didn't even bother to evaquate them so they were left behind the lines. Finland evaquated Karelia when Winter War started and during The Great Attack in the summer of 1944. So there simply weren't any finns for the soviets to execute or send to Siberia.

Are you seriously blaming USSR for starving Soviet people in Finnish camps!? Have you ever heard about common sence? Or this concept is completely new for you?!

Can you imagine the scales of evacuation process in USSR in 1941? Tens of millions of people were evacuated, for you to understand - several dozens of Finlands.

And when you look at the situation in Karelia. Considering the possibilities what these people could be doing behind our lines also had to be taken into account. We had just lost whole Karelia and few other parts Finland in a war that USSR started so do you have to wonder why soviet people might not have been too popular? When Japan started the war against US the japanese living in US were also put into camps.

Beautiful. If US have put Japanese population to internment camps - then Finns can starve Soviet people wholesale.

JFYI: German colonists in USSR were not put into labor camps after 1941. They were moved from Ukraine and Volga region to inner parts of the Union. Mostly after German colonists in Ukraine started to shoot Soviet soldiers in the back.

BUT here comes the MAIN POINT. This reply wasn't written to Boroda. He's already made up his mind and I really couldn't care less what he thinks. Like everyone here has noticed he's way beyond repair. :)

Thanks. I am way beyond repair in avoiding Western nationalistic and racist bull****. Same thing about Russian/Soviet nationalistic crap.

My purpose here was to bring some real info about the subject because foreigners might have difficulties finding it.

You see, Boroda not many poeple take you too seriously, huh? :) Everyone knows you are full of it and as long as it stays that way I couldn't give a rat's a** what you think or say.

It doesn't matter what some clueless ryssä in Moscow thinks.

I don't care what some ôèíèê-øþöêîðîâåö thinks. I just proved the fact that some of you guys denied here in public. Especially for foreigners who sincerely believe that my country has the monopoly on all evil in this world.

Is skyddskår still hireing young nationalists?

I have deepest respect to Finnish people, I enjoy the honor of calling some of you my friends, and I hope we'll meet personally this summer ;) I admitted many time that white-finnish war 1939-40 was an act of Soviet aggression. But don't you please tell me that you were angels in white armour, fighting dirty bolshevik barbarians.

You can find many documents and different materials about Finnish occupation on the Net.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
BTW, Boroda, I might[/i] be coming to Moscow in August for the MAKS Airshow, I am not sure yet if I'll be able to come.. But at least some of us Finns are going (Grendel plus friends :)). I'll try to make it, I'll need some cash and some spare time in August...

Oops, sorry, going a bit offtopic :rolleyes: (Yeah, like this thread hasn't gotten out of hand already..)

I hope to see you in Moscow ;)

I need to e-mail Grendel, so he can tell me about progress in your preparations. There can be some problems with going to the airshow, I mean making it comfortable instead of unnessesary heroism, and I hope I'll be able to help somehow.

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2005, 10:26:31 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Uh we could show you something similar..

Like the Berlin wall? One big motha of a concentration camp.

Those pics were from trasnportation camps right? The occupants that didn't belong in the area occupied by russia were transported away, not executed.

You're so full of bs Boroda. How do you even dare to post such bs when everyone knows the atrocities committed by your country. Russian POW:s pleeded for thier life when captured. Not because they were afraid of the capturing army, it's because they knew they'd be shot on sight if they ever were returned back to the great old russia.

While you're at it, post some numbers and proof of the so called genocide. And don't bother to use any 'unbiased and generally trustworthy' russian sites. Try to find something from any western source.

We move to wait.

TRANSPORTATION CAMPS. How wonderful !
I guess the Nazi concentration camps were used for CONCENTRATING people. :rolleyes:

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2005, 10:37:51 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Strange. JFYI: I have read 1984 in high school. Bloody Soviet regime, wasn't it? :rofl

I admit that you could get troubles if you had a copy of 1984 before mid-80s, but wasn't there a same thing about some Communist literature in the US?...

You fail to understand that 1984 is a book about your possible future. It's obvious that his book is about a trend in so-called "Western democracy".

There are many wise books about modern society that make 1984 look like a fairy-tale for kids, but I read them mostly from Russian-speaking authors. Most of the ideas about personality-supression in modern states works in Soviet, Western-democratic and modern-Russian (post-Soviet) states... I am extremely cynic about modern society. Dummyfying at it's best.

Boroda,
The latest edition of '1984' has the title 'USA-2004'. It's not the future of America, it's her present. :(

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2005, 10:39:06 PM »
Well, if it gets too bad you can go home to the great life you left behind.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 10:43:44 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2005, 10:57:25 PM »
Originally posted by spitfiremkv
Death was one of the merciful punishments in the USSR.

Boroda, just to be clear where I stand, I hate communism and the USSR.
I have no idea why you take every chance to defend it. I'm starting to think that you are a very subtle, intelligent and knowledgeable...troll.

Hey Spit,
Communism is a doctrine, an imaginative ideal never really achieved. Who cares about you hating this mind construction ?
The USSR was disbanded in last century and does not exist anymore. But some psychoanalysts may be interested in your obsessive hate for the imaginary things. :D

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2005, 11:05:02 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
kinda off subject but today my wife made a funny:
"is his name really Putin......like somone trying to fart or poop?"

The last name of president of Russia according to the rules of English spelling should be written as POUTIN (pronounced POO-TIN). :D

The spelling PUTIN is actually the transliteration (letter for letter substitution), and does not correspond to the rules of English spelling.

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2005, 11:11:11 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Well, if it gets too bad you can go home to the great life you left behind.

Toad & Co,
You guys don't appreciate frankly speaking friends.
Would you rather prefer to fraternize with the Saudis ? :(

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2005, 11:16:36 PM »
Lol! Frankly speaking friends? Is that how you view yourself?

Whatever. Feel free to say whatever you like while you're here. It's a thing we pride ourselves upon. I may not agree with you, but I'd fight to defend your right to say it.

Please, just don't be the Euro that thinks "free speech" means you get to spout off and we all have to agree with you.

And when it all gets just too hard, too terrible here for ya... well, the door you walked in will always be open for you to exit the same way. Nobody will try to make you stay.. that's another thing we pride ourselves on.

Maybe we'll miss you, maybe we won't.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2005, 11:44:21 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Lol! Frankly speaking friends? Is that how you view yourself?

Whatever. Feel free to say whatever you like while you're here. It's a thing we pride ourselves upon. I may not agree with you, but I'd fight to defend your right to say it.

Please, just don't be the Euro that thinks "free speech" means you get to spout off and we all have to agree with you.

And when it all gets just too hard, too terrible here for ya... well, the door you walked in will always be open for you to exit the same way. Nobody will try to make you stay.. that's another thing we pride ourselves on.

Maybe we'll miss you, maybe we won't.

Toad, nothing can be terrible for me.
And my deep roots are in Central Asia.
:D

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2005, 12:53:32 AM »
Boroda is a sad victim of a 1943 propaganda campaign which aimed to put finland in a bad light in the eyes of the other allied countries. Russia did it's best to justify it's aggression on a country that was a fraction of its size.

I'm sure even uncle Josif never thought someone would fall for it 60 years later.

If the people in those camps were industrially starved to death, how come those children looked awfully different from the holocaust survivers in the _real_ camps? Nah, let's not use any logic in this, easyer to believe the ministry of propaganda and documents dated 1943.

The soviets didn't bother to evacuate the civillians when the war rolled over thier homes. The finns evacuated every woman, child, cow and the dog because they knew that getting to russian hands would be a punisment worse than death. Mass rapings (dog included), violence, then inhumane gulag conditions for the rest of the life.

The civillian population had to be controlled and taken away from thier new homes because those new homes were the ones stolen from finnish occupants in the first place. There's no point to recapture land if you can't evict the new population in the process. Makes sense to any western mind, huh?

I hear most of the smart russian civillians knew already then that once they were returned home they'd go under a quick political trial and headed off to the gulags for suspected co-operation with capitalists.

Even back then they knew how dangerous knowledge was to people - nobody should know that USSR wasn't the paradise of thier lies but instead the neighbouring countries had way higher standard of living.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Question to Finns
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2005, 05:48:48 AM »
"You can name it however you like, it doesn't change the fact that Soviet people were starved there on industrial basis."

This really well illustrates the reason not to take you seriously. "On industrial basis"? I posted the TOTAL numbers of people in these camps and the amount that died.

The Soviet population are to be captured and put to the workcamps

Ok. So you admit that Finnish politics was national segregation with one part of population ("Soviets", AKA Russians, Ukrainians, Jews and other nationalities) had to be put into "workcamps" (a Finnish newspeak word for concentration camps), and other part, a Finnish (Saam) minority enjoyed some privileges if they wore special armbands (heimokansalainen, I hope I spelled it correctly, had to transcribe it bach to Latin from Cyrillic).

Sure. Kindly but carefully starved to death. My hat of for kindness of Finnish occupants."

The "kindly-part" had nothing to do with the Soviet Citizens. It had to do with the original Karelian population which were not russian speaking for the most part. I say again 24000 was the total amount on these camps in -42. So if we say that 1000 had died by then the total amount was somewhere around 25000 people.

Sorry, I just took 150000 from the cieling, I don't have any exact numbers. With death rate higher then in nazi camps - the rotation of the camps population had to be really fast.

In a matter that is as serious as this you just pull numbers out of your hat? Tells everything about your credibility...there's no reason why anyone should take you seriously no matter what you speak about. Where on earth have you heard the BS about "death-rate higher then in nazi camps"? There was no "rotation". People were put to camps according to the order I posted and kept there until finns retreaded during The Great Attack. Like I said, total of 25000 people in the camps and max. 8000 dead.

Are you seriously blaming USSR for starving Soviet people in Finnish camps!? Have you ever heard about common sence? Or this concept is completely new for you?!

Can you imagine the scales of evacuation process in USSR in 1941? Tens of millions of people were evacuated, for you to understand - several dozens of Finlands.

These people who weren't evaquated are blaiming USSR for not evaquating them. There are interviews of the people who were children then. They are also bitter because they were treaded as second class citizens after the war in the USSR. There's also a lot of bitterness towards the finns, who can blaim them, not me. I just want to make clear to everyone that I'm in no way trying to sweep this under the rug. It was a terrible thing. Nothing changes that. But like I said, the soviets weren't too popular people after they had just attacked into our country taken a big part of it away leaving 430000 people homeless.

And what comes to the evaquation. It should have been performed just the same in every part of the front. Or did USSR just have official authorities in Moscow? AFAIK it should be local civil authorities (police and others) working with the military to evaquate their part of the front.

Beautiful. If US have put Japanese population to internment camps - then Finns can starve Soviet people wholesale.

JFYI: German colonists in USSR were not put into labor camps after 1941. They were moved from Ukraine and Volga region to inner parts of the Union. Mostly after German colonists in Ukraine started to shoot Soviet soldiers in the back.

I'm sure the German colonists got the usual good 'ol soviet treatment. But please do provide some sources on this...other than the ones from USSR.

then Finns can starve Soviet people wholesale.

The fact that you keep blowing this out proportion only makes you look less gredible.

But don't you please tell me that you were angels in white armour, fighting dirty bolshevik barbarians.

Again, please do tell me who said this? I say it again:
"The fact that you keep blowing things out proportion only makes you look less gredible." I don't recall anyone saying we were "angels in white armour". Hell, even my father wasn't born then. What comes to the ordinary finnish soldiers they were just blowing commies' heads off with pystykorvas. :) I don't see anything bad with that condidering it wasn't finns who stepped over the border first...
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2005, 06:00:27 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Hey blaming the manufacturing of lada's as a crime is a point worth making.

Waaaahhaaaaat ?

me and crimes ??

pfffeeee

:D