Author Topic: Time to unperk the Spit 14  (Read 5249 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Time to unperk the Spit 14
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2005, 11:01:26 PM »
Perking every plane in the game is not the answer. We've already beat this horse a thousand times over, and you've come up emtpy handed every time. Perking the ones that stand out above all others is reasonable, and the answer.

I was wondering when you'd slide in here with your little perk plan. The same one everyones laughed at for how many years?

Again, what are your reasons to perk every plane?

So people will fly like panzys?

Jesus, as if its not bad enough already with a nonperked ride. This one life to live B/S has already grown leaps and bounds from what it was in AH1. Add to that a price... Some heavier cost to their death other than their studmuffinile ego's and no one will fight anyone. It will be engage with advantage or keep out until you've got one.

Is that what you want to see? Why dont you leave the complaining to your wives and just wait for TOD to come out.

You can have all the rules/regs/costs/conditions you want.

Here's another idea for you.

Go Hijack another thread. You've already proven that you can't keep on topic for but a few sentences until your sceaming in advocation of your magnificent idea to "save the MA"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 11:03:33 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2005, 11:02:21 PM »
Sorry Morph, that reasoning has been used, and refuted already.

Now you're the one who's "saying one thing then arguing about another totally different thing", since you started off mentioning 'edges' in coalt-coE A2A fighting, and then suddenly moved upto overall tactical advantages in non-A2A sense.

Under the same reasoning, your P-38L can be easily considered a much more capable plane than a Fw190D-9 or a Bf109G-10, and thus, would be a candidate for a perk. Long range, DTs, superior ordnance..

"Hey, the 190D-9 or a Bf109G-10 is a very capable plane plane. But its also extremely limited, compared to your P-38L"

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2005, 11:12:19 PM »
Morph - If perking ones that stand out is the answer, why isn't the Pony perked. As stated, it is most likely the best all round plane in the game.
Sorry, the "perk ones that stand out" doesn't work, as it's not the way things are at the moment. If it was we would be in a more planes perked situation. Something I would prefer to avoid.

Get a horrible feeling that IF we get a new Spit when/if the Spit  remodel is done it will be perked also. Can't give the RAF a decent free aircraft ;) We have to make do with 1942 stuff.

I think only 3 are worth perking
262, 163, Temp - They do stand out, perhaps add the F4U4.

The rest should be free having only an advantage in certain situations. But isn't that true of all aircraft.

You think gameplay can get any worse than the current situation? Dam skys full of Lalas, Ponys, D9s and G10s, very little else.

Funnily enough a recent program of the worlds top 10 fighters placed the Spit at #6, the Pony at #1.

Caught your 6 or 7 kills in an 109F, nice :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 11:30:00 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2005, 11:13:09 PM »
Now you're the one who's "saying one thing then arguing about another totally different thing", since you started off mentioning 'edges' in coalt-coE A2A fighting, and then suddenly moved upto overall tactical advantages in non-A2A sense.

What is so difficult for you to comprehend about this?

And your completely flase in stating i've roamed off base here. I've done nothing but prove that the spit14 is a perked ride.

Even without alt/E over another plane it is going to rip any of the planes that Kev mentioned to shreads.

Do you want me to tell you how? Show you how?

Your completely overlooking the bigger picture here by taking a deffeincive role with your "perk agenda". Thinking that could ever improve game play is rediculous. It would worsen it... Period.

Under the same reasoning, your P-38L can be easily considered a much more capable plane than a Fw190D-9 or a Bf109G-10, and thus, would be a candidate for a perk. Long range, DTs, superior ordnance..

Look there... You've done it again. Where's the Spit14 there?

And I'm the one going off topic? Again, I've kept the Spit14 into perspective UP until the point where you bring an La7 and said it should be perked. Not before then.

We are disputing why the Spit14 is perked. And you come in and start advocating  your ideas on why the La7 should be perked.

I'm the one going off topic?

Talking to you is about as stimulating as talking to a rock... And you absorb just about as much...

You'll never see this plane unperked. Maybe less perked. But thats it.

That's It. I'm done.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 11:18:49 PM by Morpheus »

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2005, 12:15:29 AM »
that's it...

i'll set-up an H2H battle

spit XIV vs 109G-10

* normal ammo/fuel
* stall limiter disabled

after you all done fighting in 109G-10 and spit XIV, you'll all see the reason why spit 14's points should go down a little bit.

infact 109G-10 is faster at 0 to 10K feet.

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2005, 08:02:20 AM »
Perk them all let Dale sort 'em out!

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2005, 08:47:43 AM »
the Spit14 is the best 1 vs 1 fighter in the game..  able to completely dominate the la7, the g10, and the mustang/p38 anything..

excellent acceleration

excellent firepower..

excellent view/sa

excellent top speed above 5k...

one of the best e retention's during light manuevering in the game.. (think f4u4 good without the zoom but instead a sustained superclimb..)

best climb in the game..

(alot claim it cant run..)
its highspeed climb can match any other aircraft chasing it..  if your level and trying to run your wrong..  use 109 tactics..  highspeed climb...  say about 275-300 indicated and the best climb you can get at that..  watch as other aircraft just cant compete... (109 can hang for a while..  but you should have advantage by the end of your wep, then angles fight anything stupid enough to climb up to your perch.. watch them dive away or die..  thats their choice..)

under non wep, one of the best tuners in the game..  little worse tha spit9 but with double the engine power for vert manuevers.. (most keep her wepped and flounder under manuevering..  thats a mistake... under non wep she is stable..)

given the above attributes what aircraft is superior to the spit14

IMO the only thing thats comes close is the f4u4(very close) and the tempest..  (both having better attributes than the spit14 in some areas but both dont have the whole bag like the spit14 has..)

the reason some of you think the spit14 is just mediocre is that you dont know how to fly it.. (most fly it like a spit5 / spit9)

you should be flying like a mustang'ed viewed 109, that can turn with everthing except the slow speed turn and burners..  in others words the most dominating aircraft in the game...

anyone?

DoctorYo

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2005, 11:31:58 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
But a pencil must be led?

Graphite hehe

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2005, 12:54:53 PM »
Morpheus,

The Spitfire Mk IX in AH does not out anything other than range the Spitfire Mk V in AH until you get over 10k.

The Spitfire V is as fast, climbs better and turns better than the Spitfire Mk IX.

What we need for the RAF fighter fans is a Spitfire LF.Mk IX or Spitfire LF.k XVI or Spitfire FL.Mk VIII.

Personally I'd like a Spitfire Mk VIII as it is a good Pac. Theater scenario fighter too.

The Spitfire Mk XIV needs to be either lowered in price or have it's flight model redone using +25lbs boost so it has the performance to justify the current price.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2005, 01:12:59 PM »
DoctorYo the MA is dynamic, it doesn't comprise of multiple 1v1's.  The qualities for a plane to be successful in the MA differs from being a 1v1 fighter.  I don't believe anyone on this thread believes the spit 14 to be mediocre, rather it's unjustifiably perked or over perked.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2005, 01:26:57 PM »
The Spitfire V is as fast, climbs better and turns better than the Spitfire Mk IX.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :aok

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2005, 02:00:19 PM »
Morpheus,

Get out of your P-38 and fly them.  They aren't the same as AH1.

On the deck: Spitfire Mk IX: 320mph
On the deck: Spitfire Mk V: 317mph

That is the same speed for all intents and purposes.

Don't pull moronic smilely face crap and think you are oh so clever for dismissing an argument you haven't even thought about.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2005, 02:16:44 PM »
Originally posted by thrila
DoctorYo the MA is dynamic, it doesn't comprise of multiple 1v1's.  The qualities for a plane to be successful in the MA differs from being a 1v1 fighter.  I don't believe anyone on this thread believes the spit 14 to be mediocre, rather it's unjustifiably perked or over perked.

Exactly.
In the MA which is not a 1v1 environment it's no more of an uber fighter than a D9,Lala,Pony or G10. All have their own strengths and weaknesses.
It excels at hi-alt, but hi-alt fights are as rare as rocking horse ****. Then again so do the G10 (free) and TA-152 (should be free also)

The whole problem with the perk system is it's so fugged up. Most seemed to be on a whim rather than a solid reason as only 3 or 4 planes really deserve it (262,163,Temp maybe F4U4)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 02:33:47 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2005, 02:20:03 PM »
Some real Spitfires, from flight tests, and a 109G to compare.
Now compare this to AHII ;)

It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2005, 02:50:27 PM »
On the deck: Spitfire Mk IX: 320mph
On the deck: Spitfire Mk V: 317mph

Are you talking wep?
If so I find that meaningless.

What do you do when it runs out? Because it will, and in the spit's it will run out very fast.

KillnU and I just went to the TA.

He in a spitV, me in spit9.

100 fuel lvled off at 500ft.

With out WEP.

Spit9- 310mph

Spit5- 289mph

With its short wep the spitv can come into range of the speeds of the spit9(roughly 3mph). When it runs out the spit9 out classes it in both speed and climb rate.

I laughed at your moronic statement because it was so very funny.

I have flown them. I've fown all of the spits. I know what they can do and cannot do. In fact I think it is the only way to learn how to beat them or learn how to live in them. By knowing what they can and cannot do.

As I said, once your wep runs out, which it does very fast. The spit9 simply out classes the spit5 with its speed and acceleration.

Don't pull moronic smilely face crap and think you are oh so clever for dismissing an argument you haven't even thought about.

tsk tsk. I seem to have struck a nerve.

Edit: and btw, I dont know why you people think the only plane I fly is the 38. I haven't flown it nearly as much as I used to in the past. Infact it has been in the hanger more often than not. I guess it got to easy to fly.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 03:20:41 PM by Morpheus »