Author Topic: Ann Coulter's shortest interview ever  (Read 7520 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Ann Coulter's shortest interview ever
« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2006, 12:02:27 PM »
Originally posted by lukster
I have to admit that I didn't even know Adam Corolla had a show until he hung up on Ann Coulter. The Man Show was pretty funny for a while, in a sophmoric sort of way. Is his radio show any good?

He's been on the radio a long time. Even during the Man Show, I think he still had a radio show.

He's like Howard Stern. You either love him or hate him.
sand

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2006, 01:09:31 PM »
Just to pop in here...

I am on page 155 of here book and there has not been a single opinion stated that is did not fully agree with so far! :aok

great book footnoted with all here sources, great read! highly recommended. it reminded me of things i breifly heard blurbs in the news about in the past but forgot about until now.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »
6- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". Issues with any breach of rules should be brought to HTC's attention via email at support@hitechcreations.com.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 02:46:34 PM by MP4 »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2006, 02:39:05 PM »
Ahh... so neocon is someone who is new to thinking consevatively?   Huge groups of people had some sort of epithany all at the same time?

What do you suppose caused this sudden and huge shift in thinking?

lazs

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2006, 02:46:29 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Ahh... so neocon is someone who is new to thinking consevatively?   Huge groups of people had some sort of epithany all at the same time?

What do you suppose caused this sudden and huge shift in thinking?

lazs

epithany=> I think you meant: epiphany

"What do you suppose caused this sudden and huge shift in thinking?" ... this is a good question Lasz, I don't have an answer for you. I know it started in Canada about 10-15 years ago...kind of around the same time as political correctness grew legs.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »
Originally posted by T0J0
Imagine if Bubba had done anything other then chase split tail around the oval office.... Other then witness tampering, obstruction of justice, and attempted rape.... Or other then giving defense secrets to china, or screwing up the North Korea issue... Hindsight being what it is you know...

Your more likely to be killed driving a car in texas then serving in Iraq by a cell phone using texan motorist.
deaths in texas = 3739
Injuries = 340,555

Thats just one state....!!

Where is the outrage? Bush must be teh blame for this too?!!!

You were just fishing though right?

TJ

Hahahahaah good point man!!!
Thousands of deaths and tens of thousands of wounded and hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties, it's really insignificant!  :aok
Mass murder is fine as long as teh presidant doesn't have sex!!  :aok

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2006, 05:05:26 PM »
lolol   mp4 ur funny

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2006, 05:15:27 PM »
Lazs, Neoconservative is a 40-year-old term.
It describes all the hawkish liberals who left the Democratic party to hijack the Republican party.  They pay lip service to the kind of conservatism that you and I understand, but are really for big government, massive spending, and using military power as a foreign policy tool rather than for self defense.  Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, et al.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 05:22:07 PM by FUNKED1 »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2006, 10:13:33 AM »
Ok... so neocons are former liberals?    That would describe about everyone..  most children are liberals for a period in their life.   they tend to grow out of it.  

Would David Horowitz be considered a neocon?   You point out examples that are only powerful politicians... can anyone be a neocon?

If it has been around for 40 years how come it is  just now being bandied about?

All the answers just seem to bring up more questions to me.

xtoronto seems to have some grip on it.... new cons or, ex liberals are formed by political correctness or.... the realization that newspeak is liberal in nature and 1984 was about liberals taking over.  

lazs

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2006, 10:33:21 AM »
As I understand it... neocons aren't former liberals. It's not as if they gave up their lefty cards and moved to the right.

It's a different ideology than the standard leftist (big government, small military & send them everywhere) versus right (small government, big military & keep them home) type stuff.

It's big government, big military & send them everywhere. It's PNAC.

Knowing that we have a two party system and that adding a third is near impossible, the neocons have done something else. They've taken the GOP and shifted the agenda to suit their own.

Of course, I could be wrong. It's just an opinion.
sand

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2006, 01:24:02 PM »
John Dean wrote a book that explains it all pretty well.

Conservatives Without Conscience

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2006, 01:38:54 PM »
so these guys call themselves neo cons?   I'm not sure if I understand the defenition all that well.   There is nothing new about some  conservatives wanting to project power or thinking that the military needs to defend the country no matter where the threat is.

I would probly not read a book writtten by John dean unless I wanted a perspective of the nixon years.   I allways thought that he was a semi bright self serving little weazel.   I can't imagine him having a grasp of anything except his own self interest.

lazs

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #297 on: July 21, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I allways thought that he was a semi bright self serving little weazel.

You've just described most politicians.
sand

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #298 on: July 21, 2006, 01:57:26 PM »
we agree.   We need less politicians and less things for them to do.

I would also add tho that he is an extremely bitter little weazel who is probably a little unhinged by his bitterness.    This would also describe a portion of politicians but I believe that deano would be a poster boy for such a type.

lazs

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #299 on: July 21, 2006, 05:10:41 PM »
Lazs if you are still confused, you can read this article.  I realize that this is very stressful for your factproof worldview but please bear with me.