Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 14507 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global Warming
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2007, 08:35:17 AM »
"I believe we have here a clear example of the misuse of science-- and of scientists."

yep..  and that was all I was saying... glad at least one of the "scientists" who was duped if speaking out... if only on an obscure website.

lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2007, 01:45:12 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I gotta go with MT.  This thread is getting goofier by the minute.

Ahh hmmmm.

The Alarmist: "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
The Pessimist: "We are all going to die."
The Scholar: "I told you so."
The Religious Nut: "We have angered the gods!"
The Actor: "It's all Bush's fault!"
The Researcher: "I can find 100 reasons why it is happening!"
The Researcher: "I can find 100 reasons why it is not happening!"
The Politician: "Ohhh, there is some money to made here!"
The Comedian"  "Hehe, ."
The Expert: "I have read about this and you are wrong, no matter what stance you take."
The Mook:  "I r teh brain.  U fart too much!"
The Rebel: "Eh?  Clueless lot."
Alfred E. Newman:  "What?  Me Worry?"
The Pragmatist: "Yep, now let me drink my beer."

That last one might be too subtle.

:D

Now, could I skip a thread on this. Let's add:

The Realist: The thing is happening. Ok. What is to be done?
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Global Warming
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2007, 01:50:08 PM »
Hehe.  I left that one out on purpose.  After all, I figure anything man could do to make it better would have bad side effects somewhere else.

We have a history of not understanding how interacting with nature will impact the eco-systems.  Why should it be any different now?

If I were to have added, "The Realist", I would have made it;

The Realist:  How much more can we mess things up?

:D
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2007, 05:20:48 PM »
That's also good.
Cos we can...do a lot more crap :(
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2007, 09:40:27 PM »
Laz,

The last minute changes to the wording of the document Gunston referenced is business as usual with the U.N.. Global Warming for the U.N. is a vehicle to impose itself on the world body under the guise of a global disaster needing a global solution.

Part of this was the Kyoto Accords which the U.S. did not sign onto. Another part is the U.N.'s attemps at convicing the Nations of the world to allow it to levee taxes under the guise of supporting the global fights to end all the ills of the human race.

Laz you see the pattern. Anything that can be leveraged as a global disaster requires more financing. Instead of the membership dues being able to cover it of which the U.S. pays more than any other country. The idea of global taxation in addition to the dues and other donations has been getting bandied about at the U.N. since the 90's. Disasters are the U.N.'s prayers answered.

Once the world body becomes accustomed to jumping and throwing money at the U.N. whenever it announces the sky is falling, the next step is not thinking when the U.N. decides it needs a tax and each country allows a U.N. tax collection division to take up residence, levee and collect taxes and has its building and saleries payed for by the hosting country. It's very easy to point fingers at the U.S. for not playing nice with the rest of the world. Some nations will allow the U.N. taxation scheam just to spite the U.S. and show it they are a more enlightened and developed culture.... Frog in a slowly boiling pot syndrome.

Once you have the power to levee and collect taxes you are in effect a government. And how do you enforce taxation? That is one of the reasons governments have men with guns. There is no country I know of who does not send armed men to arrest you when you refuse to pay taxes.

So Laz what is the next logical step any organzed body will take after they can collect taxes from a majority of the worlds nations? The idea of NATO becoming a U.N. global force has been tossed out.....and the creation of a U.N. armed police force recently has been dicussed. But then no one takes the U.N. seriously. Again the greatest lie the devil foisted on the human race was that he didn't exist.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2007, 12:45:18 AM »
Been gone for a week or so and wanted to put my .02 in...

This Mars Global Surveyor picture shows the southern Martian ice cap melting (left side older photos) and there is evidence Jupiter is warming as well.  Is anthropogenic greenhouse gasses  at fault there as well, or maybe there is another significant player in the game?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Global Warming
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2007, 01:01:49 AM »
also teh leefs falled off my tree, so that means it r cold

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2007, 02:42:15 AM »
Well, our earth is warming as well, and fast, having a cold winter in Texas or not. (BTW, the winter is not over, so it's too early to judge).
Anyway, there seems to be a pattern with those who try to haggle down the threat. It was mostly the same with the ozone layer problem.
The pattern being, USA. Mostly USA folks. But why, I don't know.
(no troll meant, just ponder on it)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2007, 02:49:09 AM »
it's because the USA gets blamed for global warming.

USA, destroyer of worlds.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2007, 03:43:44 AM »
This may be it, they get blamed because of their emissions pr person being the highest in the world. On top of that, the UN always wants money from uncle Sam.
However, a part of the problem is deforestation, the whooping record breaker being Brazil. I wonder how it adds up.
Anyway, my feeling for the pattern is that the USAis taking this as not to be accepted, which is bad.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Global Warming
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2007, 05:27:32 AM »
the USA is taking this as not to be accepted

What do you mean?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2007, 05:34:06 AM »
Politicians and a lot of the public alike, refusing to identify global warming.
Denialism.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2007, 05:51:36 AM »
Originally posted by Angus
Politicians and a lot of the public alike, refusing to identify global warming.
Denialism.

Link Professor Tim Patterson, a paleoclimatologist in Carleton’s Department of Earth Sciences, says the science used to establish the Kyoto Protocol is flawed. Patterson, who studies evidence in ocean and lake sediments to decipher how climate has varied over the past two million years, claims that the warming effect scientists are observing is mostly natural.

Here is a series of 5 denialism videos...  yes they are slanted, but they are at least as valid as "An Inconvenient Truth"

I do not deny that the climate is changing....  I would be astounded if it weren't.  I just wish the politics (and I think the IPCC is a political, not a scientific body) would be cleaned out of the debate.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2007, 06:43:37 AM »
Never saw the film, "inconvenient truth".
Just been looking at this for some 20 years or so. 20 years ago it was predicted pretty much as is showing now.
But why do those "slanted" videos happen to be entirely U.S.?
Why not Swedish, or British, or German?
It was the same with the Ozone layer, and it is the same with even Tobacco!

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Global Warming
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2007, 06:57:16 AM »
Originally posted by lukster
Perhaps you are not aware that the ice in Antartica is growing overall and not shriking tedrbr? I think the coastlines are safe.

YOu might want to educate yourself as to what your statement actually means..

http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050516/full/050516-10.html
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."