Author Topic: July FSO, Der Zeite Blitz: 1945  (Read 4656 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: July FSO, Der Zeite Blitz: 1945
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2008, 10:24:07 AM »
Ta152.

Get some, MOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2008, 10:38:32 AM »
Fixed :D

Yup, theres a 152 and then theres a 152M :eek:

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2008, 10:40:27 AM »
Yup, theres a 152 and then theres a 152M :eek:

I think that is what Moot flies to work very day.        :noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2008, 10:43:40 AM »
The 152 is a fair plane at alt, but I've gone up against 47Ns and 51Ds over 25k with it, and it's really not much for dogfighting that high up. It would be able to jockey for bounce alt, but once the enemy is found the fight still needs to descend to proceed normally.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2008, 10:52:47 AM »
The 152 is a fair plane at alt, but I've gone up against 47Ns and 51Ds over 25k with it, and it's really not much for dogfighting that high up. It would be able to jockey for bounce alt, but once the enemy is found the fight still needs to descend to proceed normally.

Imho, then you don't know how to fly the 152, it's not a dogfighter at all, not at hight alt anyway. There is something called E fighting.  :D

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2008, 10:54:34 AM »

I bumped into Lute one time in the MA, with me in a 47N and he in a 152.  We merged at about 20k, and the fight progressed up over a few minutes, neither one of us blowing our energy for a shot.  After about 5 minutes, we were above 25k and still climbing.  Finally, at about 28k, I managed to close to about 1,000 meters on his low 6, but out of WEP from the maneuvering, and slow, around 200 IAS.  He was able to accelerate away.

Flown properly, the 152 is more than a handful for a 47N at those altitudes.  Nothing "dogfights" at 30K, not even a 47N.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2008, 11:11:18 AM »
Yeah, that's kind of what I was saying, your last line I mean.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »
Imho, then you don't know how to fly the 152, it's not a dogfighter at all, not at hight alt anyway. There is something called E fighting.  :D

Why dont you got a few rounds with krusty some time before you comment. While there is no question that moot is an exceptional stick (in more then just the 152) Krusty can fly a bit. As others have said all fighting from about 25K up is really E fighting...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2008, 11:32:23 AM »
Why dont you got a few rounds with krusty some time before you comment. While there is no question that moot is an exceptional stick (in more then just the 152) Krusty can fly a bit. As others have said all fighting from about 25K up is really E fighting...

This thread is hilarious.

Snap, I like Krusty and while we often disagree on things, we keep it civil.  What he types gets him in trouble, nothing more.  This is not the venue for suggesting duels based on this topic.  I don't think anyone needs to duel someone in order to "comment" , do you?  Moot, while totally lethal, is not the only TA ace in game.  Vortex is massivley talented in the TA sir.  Massively.  Very few pilots in AH would last more than a few minutes with him at alt.  But that is not the question here.  You seem to be gunning for Vortex lately, on many different threads.  Maybe I am wrong about that.  I do hope so, as being a close freind to the man, I can tell ya he is a poilished act.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »

Well, I didn't critisize his flying but let me suggest that he actually think before posting something suggesting that the Ta152 can't fight at high alt,  which is what it was totally designed for.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2008, 11:38:44 AM »
You might think so, but not really.

They're not that much fun. Usually the higher aircraft (allied) hold all the cards. 190ds as modeled in this game are simply DOGMEAT to all but early P-47s, where they are fought to a stalemate. We've seen this in many past high-alt FSOs before. The only plane that can compete with allies at alt is the 109K-4 and to a lesser extent the 109G-14, but both of these are limited in alt and manuverability at alt. A P-47 and P-51 can make a nice gentle turn at 30k+ but at 30k a 109 can't even bank without losing 500fpm. Any fight will have to be dragged DOWN before it can be fought, which gives the allies all the cards, bouncing from above, choosing when to attack, when to disengage, flying circles around the LW planes in-game.

Let's face it, there's just no fair setup for super-late-war rides in this game. It's too lopsided IMO.

Let me guess, you didn't fly in Der Grosse Schlag did you?
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2008, 12:01:01 PM »
vortex, I did say it was decent at alt.

It is probably the only ride that can jockey for bounce-alt like the US planes, but still once there that's the best it can do. I've actually tried fights from 25k+ in the 152 (with various planes, some p-47s even) and even though it has a lot of horsepower at this alt it really doesn't translate into manuverability at this alt.

Not a negative, per se, just a note.

Oh, and "what he types" - I take a bit of offense at this. I've not typed anything that's "got me in trouble" as you put it. I may not choose the best words or phrase things in the best way, but I try to clarify if there is any confusion (at least I try!).

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »
You can't "dogfight" with any a/c up at hight alt (30k +), it becomes a E fight. Trying to fight anything at high alt with anywhere close to equal E state than yourself is very difficult, so if you're up there in the Ta (or any other a/c) make sure you have the speed or alt advantage before engaging anything. Obviously you have not experienced the speed and maneuverability of the Ta at 35k. It's not a Spitfire either, try to fly it like one and you'll die inevitably. The Ta152 require some brains and nerve control to perform well.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »
No offense intended Krusty. My appologies if some was taken.  My point was only that What you post, often invokes strong responses all across the board.  That's good. :lol  Keep em sharp.   :aok
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -