Author Topic: what is your biggest pet peeve???  (Read 5733 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: what is your biggest pet peeve???
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2010, 10:45:03 AM »
Depends on the hill. LOL

How about the ones who as soon as they see a few snow flurries. Start slowing down and driving like they are in the middle of a full blown blizzard.

Or people who come to a near complete stop to make a right turn. And people in small cars who bear left, to make a right turn and vise verse as though they were driving an 18 wheeler.
dude....you'ver n clue how many people i see that cannot complete such a simple maneuver as a turn.........it's frightening.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2010, 10:49:45 AM »
How about the ones who as soon as they see a few snow flurries. Start slowing down and driving like they are in the middle of a full blown blizzard.

never visited Tennessee when it snows,people drive slow or drive like idiots afraid of alittle snow
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2010, 11:11:35 AM »
never visited Tennessee when it snows,people drive slow or drive like idiots afraid of alittle snow

You should see Texas. A little rain everyones normal, a flippin storm, everyones driving like its the Daytona. And if anyone even mentions the word "Snow" around here, you'll end up with 10 cars wrecked.
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »
Um, I'm still studying my physics, but how is he wrong? Isn't the transfer of energy the same?

I am wondering the same.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »
dude....you'ver n clue how many people i see that cannot complete such a simple maneuver as a turn.........it's frightening.......

I may not be on the road all day/night like you. But Im on the road more then your average person who just has to go to one place every day and then back home again at the end of the day.

I know, I know. I see em too.

the funniest are the go N slow drivers. Accelerate  till they practically tailgate the guy in front then brake. Let the car in front of them get a distance ahead. then do the same thing all over again. Or with nobody in front of them they accelerate till they reach the speed limit. Then brake and slow down. over and over and over again.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2010, 02:22:29 PM »
I may not be on the road all day/night like you. But Im on the road more then your average person who just has to go to one place every day and then back home again at the end of the day.

I know, I know. I see em too.

the funniest are the go N slow drivers. Accelerate  till they practically tailgate the guy in front then brake. Let the car in front of them get a distance ahead. then do the same thing all over again. Or with nobody in front of them they accelerate till they reach the speed limit. Then brake and slow down. over and over and over again.

i'm not on the roads all day anymore...thankfully.

one of the dumbest things i've ever seen..........i was driving a 6500 series gm tow truck. gvw on this thing is 26k. i had an f250(if i recall) on the back.
 blonde in a saab convertible.......blasts around me, then puls in front, with only a few feet to spare....then stands up on the brake. i thought i was gonna launch the f250 through my cab trying to not hit her stupid arse......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2010, 09:45:32 PM »
I had a guy on a Crotch rocket come around a corner and almost, and I mean inches, hit my 97000 pound CMI 500 road reclaimer.  At least it would have been easy to clean up, just mix him and the bike in with the Sub base.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2010, 04:37:06 PM »
Getting shot down in the MA ERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!  :D
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2010, 04:51:09 PM »
I had a guy on a Crotch rocket come around a corner and almost, and I mean inches, hit my 97000 pound CMI 500 road reclaimer.  At least it would have been easy to clean up, just mix him and the bike in with the Sub base.

well, at least he wouldn't have been around to try n sue ya........ :noid :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2010, 05:42:51 PM »
That is very true, I wonder if the subbase would develop a sink later on?  Probably not, we use 2% lime to stabilize the dirt here.

Dont mean to hijack
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2010, 11:35:51 PM »
You should see Texas. A little rain everyones normal, a flippin storm, everyones driving like its the Daytona. And if anyone even mentions the word "Snow" around here, you'll end up with 10 cars wrecked.

Lived in DFW over 30 yrs MH, you speak the truth. But if you REALLY want to see Armageddon, drive in LA when it rains. There are people out there who can roll a car 6 times at 12 miles per hour.   :D
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2010, 02:58:16 AM »
standard stuff like no using turn signals, passing me and then slowing down, but the stuff I hate the most is the things that will get me killed when I'm on my motorcycle: not checking your blind spot before you switch lanes, only getting up to 35 mph on the entrance ramp to a 70mph road, speeding up at yellow lights.... the list goes on, but if I get hit by a car while I'm on a motorcycle, the odds are not in my favor, and I'm only 20, I'd like to not have my life cut short because you do something I can't defend myself against.
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2010, 03:59:55 AM »
I know how you feel...

It works both ways L0nGb0w.  As a driver for a city bus, I've seen more than a few bikes get DANGEROUSLY close to my bus on the freeway and the surface streets.  My last encounter, some tard almost put his helmet into my Left Mirror while on the highway.  I was doing 65 and he passed my like I was sitting still, riding the white strips.  Had I drifted just a few inches to the left (which was possible as there was enough wind that day), he'd been scattered all in front of my bus, which would've likely just went over him.  I will tell you right now that I would not have slammed on my brakes and I would not have been able to move into another lane (40,000 lbs don't respond well to slammed brakes).  I had a car on my Right and he was with a friend, who was to my left.  His friend was smart, and was completely in his own lane and not going as fast.

At the same time, I'm with you on that.  My brother was hit by some dumbarse that was racing his GIRLFRIENDS car down a surface street.  Struck him at his Right rear corner doing over 40 mph.  The helmet saved my brothers life, but now he has to carry a card with him if he is to ever get on a plane.  He's got 2 metal rods in his lower right leg now.  Both the bones broke and were sticking out of his leg, and the docs said he was lucky as it was a clean break and did not damage any of his nerves.  He's going to make a full recovery, according to the doctors.  Right now, he's still hurting.  It will be several more months before he's use to the rods in his leg.

All in all you MUST be careful around a large vehicle, such as a bus and especially a semi.  We have rather large blind spots which is made worse if someone on a bike is riding in them.

My major peeve are tards who like to use their cell phones while driving.  I nearly T-boned this wench who pulled out in front of me in her Honda CRV yesterday.  40,000 lbs traveling at 45 mph against a styrofoam cup?  She not much more than a bump in the road to me.  She was on her cell and was lucky that I was able to move onto the shoulder quick enough to avoid her.  The street I was traveling on has a large asphalt shoulder on each side of it, but if it was farther down the street, where there isn't a shoulder, things would've gotten bad right quick.  Later on that day, a guy driving a Tahoe, raced around from behind me, nearly rear ended a truck ahead of him, THEN cut me off.  Guess what I saw him doing when he did this???  Yep...on the effen cell.  I'm dreading the day when someone will cut me off, pull out in front of me, and I cream him/her, and the people in their vehicle.  All because you have to use a cell while driving.  The driver deserves what happens, the the people in my bus, in the car with the idiot, or me, don't need that.

And for the record, I don't even own a cell phone.  So you can't bring that argument against me. :lol  I'm not against cell phones either.  They can save your life if something should happen.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:09:25 AM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2010, 04:24:44 AM »
"Pet Peeves" too many to list.
Things that down right p*** me off:
1) People who have no idea what a turn signal is much less how to use it properly
2) People who sit after the light turns green just long enough so they are the only one who makes it across
3) Sports analysts who can't seem to see that the Saints made the Superbowl being a GOOD team, not by accident
4) Living an hour from the best party in the world (Mardi Gras)    :devil

I have a good laugh when drivers don't signal to move into a turn lane but once in the turn lane signal the right turn. Dah. :rolleyes:

People that are not ready to go on a left turn traffic signal. :mad: Especially if only the signal is only long enough to let 4-5 vehicles turn and it is a long green for the cross street.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2010, 11:12:31 AM »
the man made global warming farce.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"