Author Topic: THIS is how you take care of a bully!  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: THIS is how you take care of a bully!
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2011, 07:12:34 PM »
irrelevant and inaccurate ad hominem
More thanOnce again someone is not reading what he's replying to.  What were the exact words?  He's either got no sense of restraint, or no sense of scale. IE if he has a sense of restraint, he doesn't have an accurate sense of what to expect.  Which is really nothing you can't see for yourself anytime someone new tries something like martial arts.  E.G. martial arts newbies the world around falling on the floor trying to kick or badly estimating jumps or having bad motor coordination.  There's really nothing extraordinary about anything I've said, other than a couple of you guys finding it incredible because it disagrees with you, and/or jumping on any opportunity (e.g. misquoting) to save face in this argument.

Standing still while someone punches you is restraint.  What happened next wasn't.  I can't make it any simpler than that, and you guys keep trying to complicate it.
 And I'm supposed to guess this from the vid... how?commonsensitis
 :lol  "Not even wrong"It is when it's carelessly executed by a sloppy fattie like that kid.  It could just as well have ended up with the scrawny kid injuring his neck pretty bad if he'd fallen just wrong, e.g. clumsily trying to recover in just the wrong way on his way down.  This isn't rocket science either.  How do I know this?  Lots of experience with what should have been harmless fights turning into serious injuries.AhemNot the point :rolleyes:  How about a game of semantics

Let's define:

No sense of Restraint: Ooh!  Pretty Girl!  Must. Grab. BOOBS!
No sense of scale: Did you just slap me?  Well say hello to Mr. Chainsaw!

These are two different things, Casey had a sense of restraint, but the question of scale remains.  How were either of them supposed to know what their blows could do?  A sharp blow from the heel of the hand to the base of the nose results in instant death (since the bone is driven into the brain).  A blow with the edge of the hand across the bridge can cause temporary blindness.  If Casey or the aggressor were to have a sense of scale, where on earth could they have obtained it?

You have a point, moot, the overhead throw was a bit excessive.  However, we will never know how much fight that little sucker would have had in him had Casey not used the move.  In fact, if Casey had chosen a lesser blow, the fight may have continued.  You can clearly see what Casey is capable of, and if the fight hadn't stopped there the aggressor could have been killed.

Is a poorly executed piledriver is better than an extended fight with the equivalent of a bear?

-Penguin

EDIT: Fixed some grammar errors
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:16:43 PM by Penguin »

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2011, 07:14:33 PM »
I think every one of you should shut up and give that kid a wi-five.
Let's face it, he took the matter into his own hands, literally, and
solved his problem when others wouldn't.

But, knowing that people on this thread don't give up their internet
arguments easily, let's throw in another factor. The twirp had a his
little group of friends.

If the big guy were to simply punch the twirp and knock his lights
out, I think one or two more guys would have (possibly) jumped in
and started a fist fight. Now, being me, I don't like the 2/3v1 odds
in a fist fight. I think the shock factor of his body slam worked
quite well. Completely destroyed all their egos, and morale? = zero.

I don't know about you, but if I saw my gung-ho little buddy get
eviscerated I wouldn't want to fight either.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »
Well said Penguin.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2011, 07:17:16 PM »
 :rofl  i've seen less manure being spread at a dairy farm than i'm seeing from moot...we have all learned something from moot today children...body slam is proportionately equal to a pile driver and fat kids shouldn't fight back when bullied by a skinny kid...might not show enough restraint...  :rofl  :lol  :rofl  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »
I think every one of you should shut up and give that kid a wi-five.
Let's face it, he took the matter into his own hands, literally, and
solved his problem when others wouldn't.

But, knowing that people on this thread don't give up their internet
arguments easily, let's throw in another factor. The twirp had a his
little group of friends.

If the big guy were to simply punch the twirp and knock his lights
out, I think one or two more guys would have (possibly) jumped in
and started a fist fight. Now, being me, I don't like the 2/3v1 odds
in a fist fight. I think the shock factor of his body slam worked
quite well. Completely destroyed all their egos, and morale? = zero.

I don't know about you, but if I saw my gung-ho little buddy get
eviscerated I wouldn't want to fight either.
amen
and penguin has the scale thing down.

Moot - you need a reality check.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2011, 07:30:52 PM »
Yeah, truthfully I think Moot was one of the bullies when he was younger that got smashed and still hasn't gotten over it.  How can you tell me he didnt have a right to do that? The kid hit him multiple times and had made fun of him for years.  If I could meet Casey I would buy him dinner.  If Casey wanted to he could have beat the living *fill in the blank* out of the kid....he WALKED AWAY. He didnt want to fight but had to defend himself.

-BigBOBCH
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:32:35 PM by redman555 »
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2011, 07:33:01 PM »
You seem to be one of those "Let's baby the populace" individuals.
It's not possible to take anything you say seriously when you say something like that.  I mean, ask around.  Ask anyone who's known me for more than ... the 10 months since you've been around here.
:rofl  i've seen less manure being spread at a dairy farm than i'm seeing from moot...we have all learned something from moot today children...body slam is proportionately equal to a pile driver and fat kids shouldn't fight back when bullied by a skinny kid...might not show enough restraint...  :rofl  :lol  :rofl  :lol
I'd agree... if that was what I'd actually said.
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

These are two different things, Casey had a sense of restraint, but the question of scale remains.  How were either of them supposed to know what their blows could do?  A sharp blow from the heel of the hand to the base of the nose results in instant death (since the bone is driven into the brain).  A blow with the edge of the hand across the bridge can cause temporary blindness.  If Casey or the aggressor were to have a sense of scale, where on earth could they have obtained it?
A perfect world argument with lots of semantics thrown in.  The big kid was sloppy and excessive. 

Is a poorly executed piledriver is better than an extended fight with the equivalent of a bear?
That bear could've easily taken anything the little kid could've tried. 
I think the shock factor of his body slam worked quite well.
A single front kick that would've launched the little kid away would've been enough.  Or big bear slaps like in the youtube I linked above.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2011, 07:41:54 PM »
That big kid had probably never been in a fight before. He had no idea of what he was capable of.

The phrase "not knowing your own strength" comes to mind.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »
Yeah, truthfully I think Moot was one of the bullies when he was younger that got smashed and still hasn't gotten over it.
:lol Are you even reading what you're replying to?  I got expelled a number of times for violence and vandalism.  One of the 11yo friends I fist fought with for fun once went to the hospital because a bad punch made his eye all fluffied up.  I took karate, thai boxing, and taekwondo, and was fastest at 60m sprint till about 18yo, I made soccer, handball, and volleyball teams.  But yeah, this is all about me being bullied.. Even though I skipped two grades and nailed most of the best looking girls...  What are you going to fall back on next?  Instead of simply reading what I'm saying rather than misquoting it.  What a sophomoric argument.

How can you tell me he didnt have a right to do that?
Because it's excessive and dangerous.  The threat wasn't there.  It's disproportionate.

The kid hit him multiple times and had made fun of him for years.  If I could meet Casey I would buy him dinner.  If Casey wanted to he could have beat the living *fill in the blank* out of the kid....he WALKED AWAY. He didnt want to fight but had to defend himself.
He walked away after dislocating multiple joints with a move that couldve done much worse.  So merely saying that he walked away is inaccurate.
He didn't want to fight but he did, so that argument's meaningless.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »
You cant talk as much smack as you want moot. Im 6'1, 230, took 12 years of karate, have blackbelt, did Ju jitsu and kickboxing.  I picked a kid off the ground by his neck with one arm and slammed him so hard against the wall he had the wind knocked out of him.  That boy had all the right in the world to drop that little bully, and how was the threat not there!! The kid punched him in the face! All the kids friends were there! The smaller boy punched and shoved him multiple times!  I would have snapped his neck if I was Casey. Casey showed he didnt want to fight, he walked away. If he wanted to he could have destroyed that boy, HE DIDNT. He was resisting the fight the entire beginning of the video!

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2011, 07:46:10 PM »
I've been playing since 2000 moot - get your facts straight. I'm SO sorry I didn't find a need to join the forums until recently. I'm so, so sorry. I apologize.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2011, 07:46:37 PM »
That big kid could have been a major bellybutton for all we know...
There's no context to this situation.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »
You cant talk as much smack as you want moot. Im 6'1, 230, took 12 years of karate, have blackbelt, did Ju jitsu and kickboxing.  I picked a kid off the ground by his neck with one arm and slammed him so hard against the wall he had the wind knocked out of him.  That boy had all the right in the world to drop that little bully, and how was the threat not there!! The kid punched him in the face! All the kids friends were there! The smaller boy punched and shoved him multiple times!  I would have snapped his neck if I was Casey. Casey showed he didnt want to fight, he walked away. If he wanted to he could have destroyed that boy, HE DIDNT. He was resisting the fight the entire beginning of the video!

-BigBOBCH
What smack talk?  All I've been saying is that the fat kid's response was excessive. All you guys have had to say in response is that I've got some freudian issues.  Who's talking smack?

I've been playing since 2000 moot - get your facts straight. I'm SO sorry I didn't find a need to join the forums until recently. I'm so, so sorry. I apologize.
beside the point

If he wanted to he could have destroyed that boy, HE DIDNT.
Multiple dislocations with a move that couldve done much worse, on a kid that's not even halfway into his teens, that weighs not even half of the bigger one, that's three years younger, that obviously is no threat - as the punches prove, you don't think that's destroying?  If you think destroying, IE excessive force, is only the right word to use if the big kid would've pulled a gun or a chainsaw, then it's you that's out of touch with reality.  The little kid got way more than was required to make a point.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:51:30 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2011, 07:47:40 PM »
That big kid could have been a major bellybutton for all we know...
There's no context to this situation.
There's an entire report on CNN

and moot - it wasn't beside the point - you brought up how long I've been a member of the AH community.

HiTech

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2011, 07:48:49 PM »
This is not a dig...but Moot you talk about what the big kid did as dangerous...With all you training are you going to say that a free punch (or any for that matter) is not as dangerous?