Author Topic: iPhone 5 anyone?  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: iPhone 5 anyone?
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2012, 11:39:05 AM »
If you ever owned an iPhone you'd realize how repulsing droid looks and feels. Everything is smurfy and clumsy. My son just bought a brand new Sony xperia with Droid4 - the user experience just isn't at the same level with an iPhone. Sure it's a cool phone and all, but apple still wins hands down in ease of use.

I shopped the iphone before... it is dainty. I needed a much better phone.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2012, 11:40:55 AM »
I would not use windows in a phone. Ever. I don't need to change the OS in my phone since it currently has the best mobile OS known to man. It requires no tweaking at all to be smooth and usable. Tell me, why would I want to tweak something that works absolutely flawlessly as it is? I'm so happy with the current release that I refused the iOS6 update even.

Yes your vesion has already been tweked. The ios6 is in the tweaking stage now. lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »
LOL I don't know how you managed to not get your e-mails working on the iPhone. The setup process was ridiculously easy and straightforward. iTunes is a pleasure to use especially if you're doing it right and run it on a Mac. You can't even plug an android phone to a USB without pulling down menus and other ridiculous stunts :D Not to mention having to install software or browse through the file system folders to do simple stuff / risk damaging system files.

You plug in an android phone it will ask if you want to use as drive/ charge/ or several other things..... no drop down menu to go through.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »
If you ever owned an iPhone you'd realize how repulsing droid looks and feels. Everything is smurfy and clumsy. My son just bought a brand new Sony xperia with Droid4 - the user experience just isn't at the same level with an iPhone. Sure it's a cool phone and all, but apple still wins hands down in ease of use.

Smurfy?

xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2012, 02:20:38 PM »

My Wife owned one, and so did her son.  Then they tried the S3 and immediately got rid of the iPhones.  They both claim the S3 is easier to use, has a better looking screen, and takes better pictures (they both need that for work).  They also like the fact it makes use of very standard items for accessories and that the battery life is better than the iPhone.

EDIT:  Removed comments about the work conditions for the employees at the Foxconn factory.  No one cares about that stuff.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:22:13 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »
iphones are fads..  Anyone who knows anything about phones knows you have so many limitations with an iPhone..  Not to mention, Apple continues to promote features such as a panoramic camera is something new when Android has been doing it for much longer..  iphones have no peer to peer networking capability..  No easy wifi networking capability..  I cannot simply plug an iPhone in with a usb cable and see the files on it like I can on an Android..  iPhones are inherently simple to use and are designed for folks who are not and will never be tech savvy..  Android simply blows them away in every aspect..
Tech heads who do like iPhone always jailbreak them, which really doesn't do much and is nothing like rooting your Android phone....  I'm with Shuff..  I want to be the master of my devices and not dictated to by Apple on how I can use my phone, what apps I can use, etc.  

The only Apple product I own as an older G5 Dual processor 2.0 ghz that I use for my recording studio..  

I own a Motorola Photon and the wifey has a GS3...  I love both phones..  Even the GS2 was awesome and is still a very viable phone.. 
My photon does all I need it to do and more...  We also have an HTC Thunderbolt with no service that I use strictly on wi-fi..  I can make calls through it using Google Voice, even though it has no service..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:26:15 PM by Anodizer »
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2012, 02:24:29 PM »
I'm trying to see the comparison>>> you need to compare apples with apples.... iphone 5 vs sIII ... not some droid phone .... there is the flaw in the reasoning of better and best right there .... the xperia is an awsome phone .... for media .... it has one of the best cameras and the music side of things is great

as for saying about iTunes being flawless yes...it probably is...but you must have yet another apple product for this flawlessness (<--- hahaha  is that even a word), to be in effect... droid and other phones win hands down for me due to the fact I can go to any pC and plug in charge, swap/give/change files without having to have support software placed on the pc ie iTunes ..... 

But that's me...as I said...have had the iPhone granted not the 5 but I found out very quickly I was not an iPhone person and rued the day I gave up my smart phone for it... back to them now with the SIII and couldn't be happier .... one thing though...iPhone screen is way easier to change..and cheaper.....so that's a good thing   :D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:26:59 PM by SPKmes »

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »
Steve Jobs is gone, don't worry. Apple will die out sooner or later. Unless someone who can get good original ideas on the board comes along, I don't think Apple will last long.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2012, 06:09:43 PM »
Steve Jobs is gone, don't worry. Apple will die out sooner or later. Unless someone who can get good original ideas on the board comes along, I don't think Apple will last long.

I hope your not thinking jobs thought up much of anything over there.

The problems they are having started while steve was still alive. You may have heard about it. That is unless you were holding your phone wrong. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2012, 06:47:09 PM »

so you'd like to see 1,000s of US jobs thrown away, as well as the massive tax revenues apple generates, and given away to taiwan/china/japan ... why? :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
so you'd like to see 1,000s of US jobs thrown away, as well as the massive tax revenues apple generates, and given away to taiwan/china/japan ... why? :headscratch:

doesn't china already gets the tax revenue and the thousands of jobs ?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »
no.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2012, 08:44:07 PM »
As someone once told me, "Those who innovate, go out of business by bleeding capital. The key to a strong business is to re-package what someone else has invented, streamline it and avoid the overhead."

This is what Apple does and it works, but who knows for how long as eventually innovation will overtake pretty packaging. The real question is who will be on top in the cellular industry in 7-10 years? Android OS, iOS, or the Win OS?

edit: If Google keeps their eyes on the prize, I'll bet their cellular devices will be #1. Perhaps they can even make a cell/PC mate-able OS that is popular, they can sweep the opposition entirely. I know web browsers to OS is some what apples and oranges, but look how Chrome is taking over. According to many sources, Chrome is already #1.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:58:01 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2012, 12:13:01 AM »
As someone once told me, "Those who innovate, go out of business by bleeding capital. The key to a strong business is to re-package what someone else has invented, streamline it and avoid the overhead."

This is what Apple does and it works, but who knows for how long as eventually innovation will overtake pretty packaging. The real question is who will be on top in the cellular industry in 7-10 years? Android OS, iOS, or the Win OS?

edit: If Google keeps their eyes on the prize, I'll bet their cellular devices will be #1. Perhaps they can even make a cell/PC mate-able OS that is popular, they can sweep the opposition entirely. I know web browsers to OS is some what apples and oranges, but look how Chrome is taking over. According to many sources, Chrome is already #1.

(Image removed from quote.)

I'm pretty sure google are.... this is why (possibly) they bought motarola... for their registered intellectual property... which in some weird way apple has stolen(for lack of a better word) pieces of this to make said iphones...so the fight continues...it is all a load of big boy bollocks in reality...the money spent trying to take top spot and squash any and all competition when they all use pretty much the same components in an ever fickle market could feed a small third world country.... ...hmmm actually...samsung are pretty much the only ones who use their own parts come to think of it...well the main working bit of the smart anyway

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »
no.

iphone and ipads are made in Thailand, Malaysia, the Czech Republic, South Korea, Singapore, the Philippines and china.  most of the jobs apple creates arent here in the usa.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.