Author Topic: INK'S understanding of AH Lingo  (Read 3784 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: INK'S understanding of AH Lingo
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 06:15:46 AM »
 :rofl :rofl

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 06:20:30 AM »
:rofl :rofl

I have done that...once   :rofl :rofl :rofl

it is Hilarious :aok

After watching Joach1m's video where he drills that (I believe) P-47 in the face during a spin, I am on my guard when I send someone spiraling down... I have had some close calls especially with A-20s and Me-410s... they are like bullet hoses.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 06:45:31 AM »
Ink,

Cool post.  I like your definition of "Fighter".  :aok

Pudknocker = someone who sets their type to "Attack"  for n sorties after entering top 100 "Fighter" score.  As I said in an earlier post, it would be very interesting is someone won the high score (or even were a top scoring pilot) who was not a Pudknocker.

This is all about score preservation and maybe in some cases flying very carefully (not engaging unless overwhelming odds in you favor etc.).
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 07:09:08 AM »
After watching Joach1m's video where he drills that (I believe) P-47 in the face during a spin, I am on my guard when I send someone spiraling down... I have had some close calls especially with A-20s and Me-410s... they are like bullet hoses.

when I was noob I was fling the N1k...squeezed the trigger as I was floating down....and killed the guy who just shot me apart....it was one of the funniest things and luckiest I have ever seen here. :D

Ink,

Cool post.  I like your definition of "Fighter".  :aok

Pudknocker = someone who sets their type to "Attack"  for n sorties after entering top 100 "Fighter" score.  As I said in an earlier post, it would be very interesting is someone won the high score (or even were a top scoring pilot) who was not a Pudknocker.

This is all about score preservation and maybe in some cases flying very carefully (not engaging unless overwhelming odds in you favor etc.).

:D

"pudknocker" is great :aok

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
 :)  This is a great thread.  It's funny to read through all the terms that have been made up/used & evolved through out the years.    :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 07:19:17 AM »
Good Pony Pilot:  One who slows down enough to get out-turned/accelerated/gunned by almost every other plane in the set

No-Talent-Assclown: Pony pilot who stays fast and is flying within D10k of any other Pony (and is therefore his wingman)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 07:28:45 AM »
Good Pony Pilot:  One who slows down enough to get out-turned/accelerated/gunned by almost every other plane in the set

No-Talent-Assclown: Pony pilot who stays fast and is flying within D10k of any other Pony (and is therefore his wingman)

we should just call that...."P-chalenged"

:t

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 07:46:19 AM »
we should just call that...."P-chalenged"

:t

I dunno what is more obnoxious, the guys that make one 550KIAS pass and haul it for home spraying all the way, or the cacophony of pissing and moaning anytime a delta shows up to a fight (and fights)... they are the most lopsided ENY plane in the set (when light) and are therefore delicious.  What I really love is when K4 or Dora pilots cry about Ponies showing up.  Maybe it's because they are easier to evade in an La-5, but I just don't have a whole lot of problems weathering the soon-to-be-passing storm... and if they get slow, YAY PERKS.

Although it's much more fun shooting down Spixteens (imho).  Something about how the wings come off.

What aboot:

LGay/LaLa - La7 and/or its driver.  Usually upped in the same manner a bomb****er does, after gettings ones lunch money taken to chase down anything and everything.  Thankfully its insane engine allows it to close within D37 yards where even a cracked out spider monkey can get hits with the B-20s!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 07:57:50 AM »
I dunno what is more obnoxious, the guys that make one 550KIAS pass and haul it for home spraying all the way, or the cacophony of pissing and moaning anytime a delta shows up to a fight (and fights)... they are the most lopsided ENY plane in the set (when light) and are therefore delicious.  What I really love is when K4 or Dora pilots cry about Ponies showing up.  Maybe it's because they are easier to evade in an La-5, but I just don't have a whole lot of problems weathering the soon-to-be-passing storm... and if they get slow, YAY PERKS.

Although it's much more fun shooting down Spixteens (imho).  Something about how the wings come off.

What aboot:

LGay/LaLa - La7 and/or its driver.  Usually upped in the same manner a bomb****er does, after gettings ones lunch money taken to chase down anything and everything.  Thankfully its insane engine allows it to close within D37 yards where even a cracked out spider monkey can get hits with the B-20s!

I try to avoid stuff like "LAbweeb" "ponytard" ECT ECT 

for the fact that it is not the plane that is doing the tardly stuff but the stick....

I see the planes as tools....nothing more......

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 08:07:56 AM »
I try to avoid stuff like "LAbweeb" "ponytard" ECT ECT 

for the fact that it is not the plane that is doing the tardly stuff but the stick....

I see the planes as tools....nothing more......

La7's are DEFINITELY tools  :cheers:

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 08:10:58 AM »
La7's are DEFINITELY tools  :cheers:

:rofl :neener:

thats not what I meant  :rofl

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »
You forgot hack and spy...... :noid

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 10:34:32 AM »
You forgot hack and spy...... :noid

:rofl

I don't believe in "hacks" nor do I care about spies

but you can add them :D

but needs a catchy name :aok

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 11:22:34 AM »
"owned"- when a con with all the advantages gets killed by the plane he attacked.  If the plane getting attacked can only pull a Headon shot to kill the attacker, he can't claim ownage! :aok

Yes he can... it's easy to avoid HOs unless you are really slow speed... and then you were still pwned by being led to said very slow speed.   Not that I have HOed you guns on guns yet, but just saying... someone HO'ed that didn't avoid it can be claimed as owned/pwned, imho. :ahand

JunkyII knows of a real toe curler of a HO I pwned him with one evening.  He complimented me on it immediately afterwards and said wow, he hadn't been HO'ed like that in years... ergo he's instantly towerred, I'm undamaged, and I therefore claim pwnage. :D

I understand we may have a difference of opinion here, and am just providing mine. :old:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:36:14 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 12:54:38 PM »
Yes he can...
Pont 1.   No, one can't claim ownage if all they can do is attain a headon shot... they haven't "owned" the attacker, they just brought it back to even ground.

Not that I have HOed you guns on guns yet, but just saying...
Point 2.  Yes, you HO'd at me on the first pass that day when shuff was orbiting, and I avoided it...  Then went vert, I followed you, had to dodge a pass by Shuff on the way up, and you came over the top and HO'd me again,  you can lie about it all day long,  it is what it is, but it doesn't matter one way or the other as you are not worthy, you have an agenda that doesn't include truly testing our skills against one another... you're just a skilless troll.  You started with alt, in a better turning plane, and 2 vs 1 with both you and your friendly attacking me at the same time, and all you could muster was HO first pass, HO second pass... epic, retarded, fail~!

someone HO'ed that didn't avoid it can be claimed as owned/pwned, imho. :ahand
Point 3.  Again, until you understand what "owning" means, and usually that only comes by doing it, then you will stay clueless, as evidenced by this statement.

knows of a real toe curler of a HO I pwned him with one evening.  He complimented me on it immediately afterwards and said wow, he hadn't been HO'ed like that in years... ergo he's instantly towerred, I'm undamaged, and I therefore claim pwnage. :D
*see point 3.

I understand we may have a difference of understanding here, and am just proving my lack of it. :old:
no point here, I just fixed it for you. :aok

PS.  funny how you stated the situations where a HO cannot be claimed as ownage, but didn't say anything about the only time a HO can be claimed as ownage, and that is when the one being attacked is 1 vs 3 or more, and brings one of the 3 down with a HO, then ownage can be claimed, at no other time can a HO be claimed as ownage... and in your case it would be all you know to do(go for HO) so you have a shot at claiming ownage, u just need to fight 1 vs multiples more often!

This tells me 2 things, one- you are very defensive about your beloved HO as it is very dear to you(most likely because its all you got to depend on when up against a caliber opponent), and 2- you don't have alot of experience in 1 vs multiples(hence the fact it doesn't enter your mind when talking about HO situations...   seems to be spot on!  :aok
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:10:44 PM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"