Author Topic: Religious T-shirts  (Read 4229 times)

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2002, 01:04:01 PM »
so non-christians 'attack' christianty because they are insecure and afraid?

if that's your best argument....

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2002, 01:08:45 PM »
Well, Christians are not the only insecure people in this world.

Some choose to attack christians because of morals, some do it because its easy to jump the bandwagon, some do it because they are insecure, some do it because they feel threatned by anyone who doesnt agree, some do it because they want to antagonize their parents, and I believe mrfish does it because he is tired of trying to ignore what he believes is a foolish cult of self righteous salamanders who probably burned him at the stake in every one of his past lifetimes ;)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2002, 01:12:05 PM »
I know a few non-Christians that attack Christianity because they're afraid that the Christians will kill the non-Christian men and rape the women.

See my posting above.

Then there was an incident in the former Yugoslavia you may recall.  The war-crime tribunals are still in session.

And then there's the whole Spanish conquistadors and their impact on the Incas, Aztecs, and Mayans.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2002, 02:04:30 PM »
FWIW, I don't look down on non-Christians.

I don't think you are all heathens.

I don't think all non-Christians hate the world and get body piercings.

Have I really said anything like that, ever?

I do wish you would take Jesus as your Savior.

I do witness to that end.

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2002, 02:41:37 PM »
Throughout the history of the world, people have attempted to explain the unexplainable.  To this end, they have employed magical beings as the source for that unexplainable event.  The Greeks and Romans (along with various other cultures) believed in multiple gods.  Some cultures were monotheistic.

For example, the Greeks believed that Zeus controlled the thunderbolt and when it stormed, it was his anger being unleashed.  Fire was a gift stolen from the gods by Prometheus and given to mortal man.  As learning progressed, the need for these gods became less and less.  People learned that lightning was not the result of some omnipotent being hurling charges of electricity at his enemies from atop a mountain.  People learned that fire was simply the result of energy transformation.  As people learned, the need for magical beings was negated.  The beliefs that were held to be true, became legend and mythology.

Another thing that was realized was that religion could be utilized to amass and control the people.  The gods are angry at you.  Come to the temple and pray.  Sacrifice so that they may be appeased.  A few people who have been trained and have special favor shall show you the way.  These people utilized this inherent fear of the unknown to manipulate people to do their bidding.  Many a conflict throughout the history of the world has, at its roots, been because of religious ideology.

Today, there are still many things that cannot be explained.  Also, there are many religions that attempt to explain said things.  Followers of these religions claim that one needs faith.  Christians will claim that the earth and universe were created by God.  Man was created in God's image.  One just needs faith to see that.

There will always be things that cannot be explained.  Our quest to find as many answers as possible, so that we can enlighten our sons and daughters should be our ultimate goal.

Eventually, the bible, koran, or whatever religious flavor of the day exists, will be replaced with something else.  What makes the Christian bible any more "right" in the explanation of things, than the Greek Mythology?  Absolutely nothing.  It just happens to be the explanation-du-jour.  Sooner or later, current religious tomes will be on bookshelves in the fiction section, as those of the past are today.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2002, 02:59:12 PM »
here is something interesting to ponder... It has been proven over and over that a large group of believers all praying for someone who is sick will aid in that persons recovery..  in "blind" testing... those who were prayed for allways did better than those who were not... it didn't seem to matter what god was being prayed to.    Conversely... no one has ever been able to make someone more ill (or prove they have) by praying for it.   I have no idea what that means but it is interesting and hints at energies that we may not understand yet.   It also appears that the energies are "moral".   glad of that.
lazs

funked said in response to the terror squirrle attack in england that was only stopped by a grandfather with an illeagal air rifle... "Wow if they had a rabid racoon I bet they'd have to call in NATO to bring over a .22 or something."

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2002, 03:06:07 PM »
Texace, you are a person with very little imagination.

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2002, 03:24:03 PM »
the bottom line is you beleive what you want,  I BELEIVE IN JESUS CHRIST, I HAVE FAITH, note the keyword FAITH, do not try and debunk me, you cannot and will not succeed. the simple fact remains those with out FAITH are trying to find it they are suffering with there own miserable lives and do not comprehend what FAITH is , so there by try to(at least in here) bash those who beleive, and try to convince the FAITHFUL that there GOD does not exist, like i said primarily do to there lack of FAITH in any thing outside there own minute existance,  CHRIST DIED TO SAVE ME FROM MY SINS   <--NUFF SAID

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2002, 03:26:49 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
here is something interesting to ponder... It has been proven over and over that a large group of believers all praying for someone who is sick will aid in that persons recovery..  in "blind" testing... those who were prayed for allways did better than those who were not... it didn't seem to matter what god was being prayed to.    Conversely... no one has ever been able to make someone more ill (or prove they have) by praying for it.   I have no idea what that means but it is interesting and hints at energies that we may not understand yet.   It also appears that the energies are "moral".   glad of that.
lazs

Really!? can you provide a link please?

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2002, 03:33:30 PM »
The only thing that kinda upsets me about this whole debate is the insinuation I might have bashed people that don't believe as I do. That simply is not true.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2002, 03:57:40 PM »
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Hebrews 11:1

I've read all of this and am left with the following....

and I paraphrase....

It is not what enters a man that will defile him, but rather what comes from his mouth.

Guys, Jesus said the following after trying to share the truth with others....it has always spoken in a profound way to my spirit.

"If any man have ears to hear, let him hear" and also, "You have ears, yet you hear not and eye's, yet you see not"

After reading this entire thread, I was reminded of those statements.

One thing for sure for those of you who feel the need to prove something....it is appointed for every man to die, so, some day we all will know who was right and who was wrong.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2002, 04:01:14 PM »
your beliefs are an affront by themselves - can you be a good person without being a christian?

must not be the case if all non christians go to hell right? god doesn't send good people to hell does he so.... therefor you are automatically assigning a lower moral value to non-christians.

if that's not bashing i don't know what is.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2002, 04:02:16 PM »
I have no problem with Christians, but one thing bothers me a little.

Didn't Jesus basically say something like "You will find salvation only through me."?

That essentially condemns most of the World population to Hell, and I find that an idea that I cannot come to terms with.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2002, 04:04:17 PM »
I think we'd all have Faith .....

if it were Faith Hill :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2002, 04:06:26 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I have no problem with Christians, but one thing bothers me a little.

Didn't Jesus basically say something like "You will find salvation only through me."?

That essentially condemns most of the World population to Hell, and I find that an idea that I cannot come to terms with.

Well if it's correct then you will have plenty of time to come to terms with it.

And also you can see why believers are so eager to get the message out.  The penalty for not getting the message is unthinkable.