Author Topic: Since Bush became president...  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Since Bush became president...
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2003, 05:05:04 AM »
...you europeans all have it so easy to ridicule him for the way hes trying to fight them after 911...

We do have it easy, mainly because he makes it so easy. And if it weren't for 911, I think there'd be a lot less support in the US for Bush. Perhaps many Americans grit their teeth and put up with him and support their country - because that is the right thing to do. Bush happens to be at the top at the moment, but to them that is a irrelevant considering the wider picture. Perhaps many Americans are also afraid of speaking out against Bush for fear of looking un-American - afterall, there are people like you out there who are ready to throw that accusation around without any thought whatsoever.

I don't think Bush is a world leader or has many statesman like qualities compared to previous Presidents (he's no Roosevelt). He might have alienated the entire Western world, instead of uniting it if it weren't for Blair. And I'm not saying that out of any love for Blair or jingoism on my part.

Hopefully soon, the US will throw that clown out of office and elect someone to do the country justice on the global scene.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2003, 05:20:35 AM »
Of course Gscholz you guys would not dare to get in their way...

Clearly europe is just not that important anymore in the world - the focus in the future is tending towards the USA and Asia. Europe seems happy in relegating itself to position as place of quaint holidays and  luxury kninck-knacks - combime that with your ageing and dropping poulations, save potential Alqaeda asylum seekers, Europe is in decline.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2003, 05:31:44 AM »
double post

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2003, 05:46:13 AM »
IIRC your overall population is ageing and birth rates are dropping, if you exclude AlQaeda trainees and other immigrants it's falling... So there are less and less europeans in europe.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2003, 06:01:42 AM »
Same here GScholz. Land prices have rocketed simply because of the population pressures.

BTW, Grunherz - many immigrants into Britain are from your sordid little corner of the world. And 90% of them are sent packing as bogus fraudsters.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2003, 06:14:41 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Of course Gscholz you guys would not dare to get in their way...

Clearly europe is just not that important anymore in the world - the focus in the future is tending towards the USA and Asia. Europe seems happy in relegating itself to position as place of quaint holidays and  luxury kninck-knacks - combime that with your ageing and dropping poulations, save potential Alqaeda asylum seekers, Europe is in decline.

ROFLMAO!

Dont drink more...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2003, 06:21:43 AM »
I know dowding, do you think I like that?

And about the population statistics:

Just a random google search result...

http://www.mzes.uni-mannheim.de/eurodata/newsletter/no3/nl3_efi.html

« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 06:25:47 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2003, 06:29:56 AM »
Grun,

your utterly vapid statements about europe and utter failure to comprehend why middle class saudi businessmen start private armies and murder civilians amuse me enormously but otherwise only spell out your idiocy in mile high letters of fire.

Bin Laden did not 'betray' US. Western Nations funded him and then cut off money. He now wants to bit the hands that fed him, it would seem.

Europe is not shrinking it is growing.

Europe is as much an important part of the world as any other part you dunce.

I mean, how did you work that out? Did you use the Feltzmann-Staines algorithm to compare comparative national influence? Did you remember to apply the polyglot nation transform? I think not.

Europe is a target for international terrorism as much as the USA. It is a great deal easier to infiltrate for a start.

And Europe has been a hotbed of international terrorism for some time, as well as state sponsored terrorism, local terrorism, and long distance terrorism too.

You don't need to write a letter to Al Quaeda and wish for the deaths of several thousand europeans either Grun, although I realise you get wood just thinking about it. It will happen as long as there are people with heavy duty grievances who are being ignored.

Terrorists don't become terrorists because of the pay, the perks or the health insurance. They may be fanatical (mentally ill), brainwashed, desperate, poor, oppressed, any number or combination of things. But you rarely get well off two car families turning to terrorism so they can all get to Antigua for free or stop the neighbours from playing their music so loud.

British readers may recognise the following ethic:
"Tough on Terrorism, Tough on the Causes of Terrorism".

It's trite (which is better than vapid), but if it is possible to establish reliable indicators, predictors and possibly even causes of terrorism, then it is possible to deal with it.

You can terminate with extreme prejudice all the terrorists you want, won't make a jot of difference, other than building up the fanaticism of their brethren. (And making you hard Grun).

I would like to see an overall reduction in the amount of violent death generally, and I believe constructive long term policies of sharing resources and wealth are the only way forward.

The problems with that sentiment are the notions of 'long term policies' and 'sharing wealth and resources'.

Long term policies are a problem when politicos only look to the next election, and have real trouble seeing beyond their own career.

Sharing wealth and resources on an international scale, seems to be an abhorrent notion to many people.

So Grun, be careful what you wish for. Thousands of Europeans may die, but the might be nuked whilst attending a conference in your hometown...

(oh and please don't assume:
- I support Bin Laden
- I support Terrorists
- I am anti-US
- Any other automatic assumptions you make about ppl who disagree with you

unless it's too much bother for your grey cells, in which case go ahead.)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2003, 06:34:57 AM »
Funny you take so much joy in making fun of us, but then are so completley and genuinely shocked when somebody here takes offense and belittles you...

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2003, 06:35:56 AM »
I know dowding, do you think I like that?

I don't know, but you implied that most assylum seekers from Al-Queda linked countries (Afghanistan I suppose).

Around where I live, most are Kosovars or Albanian. The only thing that stops me despising them all, is the knowledge that some of them genuinely do need help and should stay. Sadly, they are a minority. It's a shame there is not way to sort the wheat from the chaff a little more cost effectively.

Funny you take so much joy in making fun of us, but then are so completley and genuinely shocked when somebody here takes offense and belittles you...

Who's this 'us'? Making fun of Bush isn't 'anti-American'. Making fun of you isn't 'anti-American'. America is a diverse culture with people of many different viewpoints, so don't pretend there is some great collective Borg-like conscience. I have nothing against Americans - they are great people and are capable of great things. I just think the majority of the current administration is a waste of space (except maybe Colin Powell, who seems a very switched on character).

You always retort perceived 'attacks on America' (which they aren't) with a blunt attack on Europe that is almost always ill-founded.

There is the difference.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 06:49:26 AM by Dowding »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2003, 06:44:40 AM »
You get some of the worst and most criminal leeches from our parts. My aunt in Austria was a social worker helping Balkan refugees find work etc. She told me this one story that I remember beause the way she said it was quite funny - anyway one day she was holding a seminar with a new group of refugees and they were asked abuot their skills.  Most of them cheerfully admitted they were black marketters, thieves, and crooks.. :(

Thats one of the resons I detest communism so much, far too many ordinary people were forced to become such systematic criminals to provide their families.. But  thats getting beside the topic I guess.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2003, 06:46:01 AM »
Gscholz I am well aware that the Usa is the great satan... So i agree with bounder's idea there 100%.. :rolleyes:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2003, 06:49:23 AM »
ZZzzzz

like it or not ( I like it :)), we have the BEST man that ran for the Office in the Office
National events would not have happened differently if someone else was sitting in the White House and I don't believe the aftermaths would have been handled as well

weaz
pls continue your bush bashing with your european supporters <--- sounds like some sort underwear :)

back to my nap

ZZzzz
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2003, 06:57:39 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Eagler, are you the Eagle driver, or was that Eagl?

that would be Eagl sir, I drive a Honda :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2003, 06:58:19 AM »
'You Europeans', Grunherz? And you are? :)

Your ethnic origin doesn't change with your citizenship.

And I should add that while the EU has resulted in much misery, it's also created a quite potent force. I don't think the US worst competitor is China, Russia or some other country. In a hundred years or so, I think we can see Europe as economically more powerful than the USA. I mean we got 300 million people using the same currency now.

Europe in decline? I see it as Europe rising. Unfortunately, the EU isn't that good. Damned French with their support of their farmers means 45% of the total budget goes to ridiculous support for farmers growing crops that can't be sold (or in some cases, cannot be *grown*).

At any rate. Europe and the USA are allies. We're friends. We're constantly trying to best each other. That doesn't mean that our fundamental values are any different however. And that's worth taking note of.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 07:02:29 AM by StSanta »