Author Topic: Since Bush became president...  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
Since Bush became president...
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2003, 07:00:17 AM »
You mean the most rabid supporter of capitalism is a former Commie?

JK Grun :)
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2003, 07:02:15 AM »
Yep Im from the great yugoslavia... :D

I was a little communist pioneer, the last generation even, blue hat, red bandana, and this cool little red and gold enamled star..  Lokk what a fanatic they made me...  :)

I didnt get my hared of communism by watching 1950s US cold war movies....

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2003, 07:04:36 AM »
Heheh Grunherz, you know I like you, so don't take this as a flame. Your understandable hatred for communism has lead to a reaction to the other side. Sometimes your contempt is blinding you.

I cannot blame you though. And am happy you've made a good life for yourself in the US. Might visit you there this summer or the next when I'm going USA-cruising.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2003, 07:07:06 AM »
Didnt take as flame. I dont hide my "commie" past- in fact I am very loud abot every turn I get. :D

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2003, 07:15:32 AM »
I don't believe all people from the Balkans are scum Grunherz. On the contrary, many have settled in other countries and done great, positive things there. Those are the people I welcome with open arms and money from my taxes. I like honest, hard working people no matter where they come from.

But too many are criminals who do nothing for my society but subvert it. They also do nothing for their own people - they bring girls from back home and force them into prostitution, for instance. We have enough problems of our own.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2003, 07:19:53 AM »
Of course not Dowding, but there are just so many otherwise decent family people accustomed to lives of crime and deciet by living in the constraints of a communist planned economy.

Offline Turdboy

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2003, 08:24:08 AM »
smells like  weazle bait!

No thnx!

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2003, 10:04:04 AM »

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2003, 10:12:53 AM »
I really get a kick out of posts like the first one.  Never mind that the big problems had all begun under the Clinton administration, and only became public under bush.

It's great watching the liberals try and find SOMETHING(ANYTHING PLEASE?!) to blame on bush and have it stick.  Hint:  It's not working, try something else.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »
LOL all these little people from little countries like to pick on the big dog.
Just remember that at any time the big dog can hike his leg and piss on you all!!!!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2003, 10:47:46 AM »
Croatia and left just a year before the war.  I lived near Vukovar and at other times on the Adriatic coast.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Shocker!!!
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2003, 12:15:10 PM »
Bush team blames Clinton for N. Korea crisis.

If it's bad, blame Clinton. If it's good Reagan or Dubya did it.

Click Here

Excerpt:

A senior Bush administration official suggested Saturday that the nuclear crisis with North Korea was the predictable result of a flawed 1994 agreement signed by the Clinton administration with Pyongyang that "frontloaded all the benefits and left the difficult things to the end" -- for the next president.

The comments marked a sharp change of direction from the administration's insistence that only North Korea was to blame for the crisis. Last week, Colin Powell gave "great credit" to Clinton for freezing North Korea's plutonium enrichment program with the 1994 Framework.

ha ha

"Bush team blames Clinton?"

That ain't no headline.

"Bush takes responsibility"- now that's a headline.

BAD CLINTON.....BAD BAD BAD! Time for another victory dance!

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Shuckins
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2003, 12:52:40 PM »
"Couldn't it be possible that the press, not wanting to divide the country during these turbulent times?"

Your kidding right?

It would be too easy to bring up several pages of links of the rabid right wing press causing division in the country...you have seen all the left-liberal = bad, right-conservative = good gibberish from the media haven't you?  Just watch Faux News for a nightly example.

If that isn't causing division what would you call it?

Groinhurtz:

"I am just saddend that our european friends are so quick to criticize us when they honestly dont remember any more what it's like to be anation under foreiegn attack.

Think Smeagol Think!

Do you recall the out-pouring of sympathy and outrage from around the world and especially europe after 9/11?

Who pissed away that support with his posturing and ill thought out foriegn policy.....chimpy, that's who.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 02:25:55 PM by weazel »

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2003, 02:17:13 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Good question, but have you seen the alternative? One is a ginger headed Scotsman who drinks like a Bedouin fish and the other is a non-entity, leading a party with no policies worthy of the 21st century. I expect Blair will win the election in 2005 and then give up leadership of the labour party - perhaps then there will be change.

Personally, I think Blair is an improvement on Major, but that's not saying much.

BTW, he wasn't a turd when he was running around the world trying to whip up support for the attack on Afghanistan. I think he's as pro-American as Thatcher ever was, and at least he's a warm blooded Homo Sapien, unlike dear old Maggie ().

Anyway, British politics is all spin and no substance these days. And corporate interests have begun to creep in, a la America. The days of the nation state are numbered, I'm afraid. But I digress...

it would be very unlike blair to ever give up any sort of power vouluntarily. a lot U.S. dems hoped clinton would step out when it was in the party's interest...

you're better off w/ villiage idiot as PM that a clever criminal.  whats wrong w/ a scot who drinks? i worry about one that doesn't (see churchill/chamberlain)

he was a turd when he was running around the world trying to whip up support for the attack on Afghanistan. such arnold kissing/toadyism is out of line for the PM. it was tough to watch, as i was so embarassed for you.

((greenhart: w/ your name, i wouldn't admit to croatitude. will lead to many nazi-wannabe comments))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 02:35:27 PM by whgates3 »

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2003, 02:50:39 PM »
Just to keep it short and civil, and all name calling aside, I believe GWB is a thoroughly admirable person, and I'm so thankful he, and not Al Gore, is my president, now.:D