Author Topic: 10 Bears, Do we have a wager?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
10 Bears, Do we have a wager?
« on: March 06, 2003, 08:26:44 PM »
10 Bears

Two bets, $45 each one.

First bet:

Ths war will happen. Time frame for bet to be determined between us. I think it will be this Spring, but desert weather may postpone it till fall. You think "cooler heads" will prevent this war. I don't. I'll wager you $45 it happens. If I win, you pay $45 to HTC to cover 3 months subscription of the one TAS member that is in the Special Forces of the USA and is currently "in theater". If you win, I send $45 to Ronald McDonald house and provide you either with a receipt or have them notify you it has been received in you name.

Second bet. When the war does happen, Iraq (most likely Republican Guard Units) will use either chemical or biological weapons currently prohibited by the UN against the US forces. If not, it will be clearly shown on worldwide media AFTER the war that Iraq had stockpiles of these weapons that WERE NOT known to the UN inspectors prior to the war. In other words, that they're lying through their teeth about not having this stuff. I'll wager you $45 this also happens. If I win, you pay $45 to HTC to cover another 3 months subscription of the one TAS member that is in the Special Forces of the USA and is currently "in theater". If you win, I send another $45 to Ronald McDonald house and provide you either with a receipt or have them notify you it has been received in you name.

If, for some reason, the TAS member does not make it through in good enough condition to play AH, you donate the money directly to his family.

Well?

(Thought maybe you lost that thread or forgot about it.)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 08:48:53 PM »
no bad bet..

Already told ya that.

was that last paragraph for emotional appeal?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
the bear..
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 08:52:18 PM »
...smells like chicken.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 09:03:35 PM »
WHAT?

10Bears:

My prediction, if your willing to wager, is that the Security Council is going to vote no on the latest resolution. Cooler heads in the administration will somehow coxes Pres. Bush to back down...
(From the "Yanks; sometimes I wonder... thread")

So, I'm willing to wager. Always have been. What happened to you? I said you're wrong on this, and I still say it.

Are you backing away now?

10Bears:

I’m willing to see the evidence. You seem to know 100% can you point a link to the actual evidence? Not circumstantial, has to be real evidence that can be used in a court of law.. not a couple of buckets of bug spray either.
(From the "Yanks; sometimes I wonder... thread")

You've intimated over and over you don't believe he has WMD.

I said I'm willing to wager on this as well. Where's the rock solid belief in your correct assessment?

I still say you're wrong.

When the war does happen, Iraq (most likely Republican Guard Units) will use either chemical or biological weapons currently prohibited by the UN against the US forces. If not, it will be clearly shown on worldwide media AFTER the war that Iraq had stockpiles of these weapons that WERE NOT known to the UN inspectors prior to the war. In other words, that they're lying through their teeth about not having this stuff.

Or are you backing away from your belief he doesn't have these prohibited weapons too?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 09:09:33 PM »
Nuke, the war is schedueled to start next Wed... France, Germany, Pootie-Poo, and China all said they're voting no...

10bears told us this back in January..............

And he said it again in another thread.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2003, 09:17:12 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
was that last paragraph for emotional appeal?

No, it was simply common sense that if he can't play AH for some reason, you'd still be obligated to pay the wager. I'm sure his family would be able to make good use of the $90.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2003, 10:02:09 PM »
They're going in anyway Toad.. they're going in..

Debates over..

You see the President's speech today?... he don't care about the U.N.

Blix gives his findings tomarrow.. the U.N SC supposed to vote next week unless the US pulls back the resolution. I suspect they'll vote no.

I feel nothing but dread...

Your not the only one that has a friend deployed...19 yr old Pvt Tory Jenson is also over there.. I've know him since before he was born..

Get ready for the "New American Century"....

sigh..

Secretly, you always wanted the New World Order didn't ya..
(as long as we run it)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2003, 10:05:03 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears I feel nothing but dread...

Get ready for the "New American Century"....

sigh..

(as long as we run it) [/B]

I feel nothing but satisfaction in the knowledge that we have a president that actually cares about America more than he cares about pandering to the UN

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2003, 10:23:44 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
I feel nothing but satisfaction in the knowledge that we have a president that actually cares about America more than he cares about pandering to the UN

mby its not good example to compare, but 80 years ago in one country ppls say  the same
10 years ago too in other country
and scenaerio repeat in bouth of this countries.
bevere

ramzey

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2003, 11:05:34 PM »
They're going in anyway Toad.. they're going in..

Yep. That's what anybody that's been paying attention has known for at least two weeks now.

So, you're admitting your analysis (wild hope?) was way off the mark.. no bet.

How about the bet on the chem/bio weapons? Still think Iraq doesn't have anything proscribed by the various SC resolutions? Want to wager on that?

(as long as we run it)

Far from it. I'm about the premier the US isolationist around here. Check my latest thread saluting Rumsfeld for starting to plan to bring the boys home. At long last.

So, there's some hope. I'm not in favor of this Iraq invasion, unless it is with specific SC direction and approval. But it wasn't too hard to read the face up cards on the table the last two weeks. Six CV battle groups? 200,000 men in theater? Betting you was money in the bank; too bad you wised up at the last minute.

Still, there's hope for the $45 bet on chem/bio weapons. Want to take that wager? Or did you realize the truth on that one too?
But, I'm not suprised that you're still as mistaken about me as you are about most stuff you post about.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2003, 12:53:10 AM »
How about the bet on the chem/bio weapons? Still think Iraq doesn't have anything proscribed by the various SC resolutions? Want to wager on that?

No.. and here’s why. In two months I come back asking you about the WMD.. we’re talking nukes.. MASS program like you said. spin A will be Saddam moved it all across the border into Syria. OK.. that will be the pretext for launching an attack on Syria. Spin B: Well, they got to be around here somewhere.. maybe they’ve buried them deep in the sand. It’s only a matter of time before we find them. In either case the issue will be mute Your going to have people shooting at our troops that will be justification enough to lash out anywhere Chaney pleases. Like any war, toejams gonna get FUBAR real quick. You and I don’t know what’s going to happen. Giving the finger to the rest of the world might end up being a very very bad mistake. Pissing off people like Putin might end up with a very real world war three..

Bush claims to pray to God every morning.. he’s one of these born again Christians.. The born agains tend to read more of the old testament than the new.. It’s all about the end times with them.. Rapture..

Quote: “Does the Pope have moral authority?” --Bill O’Rally.

Quote: “When the war starts, we should lock up all the war protesters” -- Michel Savage speaking to millions of Americans on his radio show.

Quote: “What type of BOMB would Jesus use?-- Michel Savage

But, I'm not suprised that you're still as mistaken about me as you are about most stuff you post about.

You don’t want to retreat from South Korea sheesh... do you know anything about geo politics at all? And by the way, in the last year and a half.. Just about everything I’ve posted has come to pass. Oh ok Nuke’s right.. I was sure they were going to attack on Jan 15th.. The next date for the new moon was on March 3rd.. they didn’t attack.. maybe maybe there was hope. That hope is gone now.

Take heed of Ramzey’s words.. When the Germans invaded his country, most of the people in  Germany agreed with it.

Naw that's a bad bet.. it's nasty.. it's ugly... I'd rather bet on football.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2003, 08:49:19 AM »
Seems to me you've continually said you haven't seen any evidence that they have the extensive chem/bio weapons that the UN is specifically asking them to destroy. You don't take Powell's word for it, etc.

I'm saying I'll wager you on the chem/bio alone........ I think they've got all the stuff Powell said they did.

In short, I'm saying your totally wrong and I'm willing to bet you are.

Further, I'll stipulate that they will either USE the chem/bio against our troops in the coming invasion or large stocks of chem/bio will be found...... with the attendant world press to document same...... within a year after the invasion.

You're the one saying "there's no proof". Want to bet the proof is there right now but that the inspectors haven't found it in this "voluntary disarmament?"

Or are you finally willing to admit that Iraq HAS lots of the stuff proscribed to them by the UN resolutions? In other words, that Bush, Powell and Rumsfeld are right?

Savage is the equivalent of your darling Zebb in my eyes.

I'm actually FOR leaving Korea. You got that wrong too. Your idea that "geopolitics" requires the US maintaining troops in other sovereign nations where the democratically elected representatives and the people themselves don't want US troops is ..... curious, to say the least. What does Zebb say about that?

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2003, 09:14:55 AM »
Placing wagers on a war date?

*shakes his head*
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2003, 09:18:12 AM »
Just asking him to put his money where his mouth is.

Doesn't look like he will.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2003, 10:14:45 AM »
geeze 10 bears..  if he has bio weapons buried deep in the desert then what's stopping him from digging em up and using em?  seems you are admiting that they exist and that weapons inspectors couldn't possibly find em... seems that the only solution is to take out the madman who is just waiting for the opportunity to use them.  And...

I have been reading things you post for a long time and haven't seen any evidense of clairvoyance from you.... indeed.... your liberal doom and gloom is mostly laughable.
lazs