Author Topic: 10 Bears, Do we have a wager?  (Read 2513 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
10 Bears, Do we have a wager?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2003, 01:04:06 AM »
Originally posted by 10Bears

Our country’s credibility depends on you winning this bet.  

LOL!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2003, 01:07:09 AM »

My God.. do you know what.. If we find out he lied about the pretext for invasion, what else did he lie about?.. 911?

Yes he lied about 911... the towers still exist.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2003, 01:09:56 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
This is true.

Really? America's credibility hinges on TOAD winning a bet?

That's a good one!

Toad, I hope you realise what you have done to America by making that bet..... LOL sweet L!

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2003, 01:17:46 AM »
You can put that in your sig line Nuke..

BTW I'm d/l'ing DoD.. what are you doing?

173MBs.. this better be a fun game.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2003, 01:21:05 AM »
You can put that in your sig line Nuke..

BTW I'm d/l'ing DoD.. what are you doing?

173MBs.. this better be a fun game.

I'm "on the road" sitting at a desk in a Holiday Inn with my new laptop..I just d/l AH, .... I have but only a mouse.  I wanted to play AH tonight but did'nt have the energy to buy a stick.

Oh well...........  I'll be home tomorrow night.

BTW 10bears, I wouldn't bust your nutz by putting it in my sig.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2003, 01:23:41 AM by NUKE »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2003, 07:41:05 AM »
so recappin - 10bears thinks the world/Iraq would be a better/safer place for its ppl and the rest of the world if we continued to sit on our hands as we did 93 - 00 ?

:rolleyes:

great speech on the Abe last night

wtg - Bush!

for those against this admin - blow it out ur asre - PLEASE!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2003, 07:49:07 AM »
If I lose, I believe it will be on one of two "points" in the bet, not the acutal presence of WMD.

It's possible it may take them longer than 90 days. It's possible that there will be no "proof" short of Hans Blix opening a container of anthrax and dying on the spot in the presence of 1000 UN inspectors that 10Bears will accept.

But I think the WMD are there and if they're found on the 91st day I will cheerfully pay on the 90th but I'll still know I was right.

Now, if it gets into the 6 months or a year range...... I'll be looking at Bush in a whole new light.

But, as I've said, time will tell and I'm a patient man.

Geez, 10Bears.... you think a sitting President would look right into a camera and lie? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!. I share your outrage. ;)

What'd I hear last night on a recap? Something like "This President builds his speeches around "we will" and the last one built his around "I didn't". :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2003, 08:04:33 AM »
It's possible it may take them longer than 90 days. It's possible that there will be no "proof" short of Hans Blix opening a container of anthrax and dying on the spot in the presence of 1000 UN inspectors that 10Bears will accept.

Fact : The US went to war to remove IRAK´s weapons of mass destruction.

If they find weapons of mass-destruction (large quantaties that is) it was an valid war.

If they dont find weapons of mass-destruction (large quantaties) it was an non-valid war. In this case the U.S as an whole will suffer enourmously... What was your intellegence agencys thinking? yet reporting to the White house?
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2003, 02:45:10 PM »
"Now, if it gets into the 6 months or a year range...."

That works for me too Toad. The point is whether they're there or not... not how fast the team can dig them up. It's along the same lines as the "reasonable people can conclude" thing (wrt the WMD)... which you were fair with. So lets use the same standard for the timing as well.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2003, 03:22:44 PM »
Maniac,
Who will make us suffer greatly?

1.)The UN?

2.)The nations on the UN SC?

3.)The terrorists that hit us with a 9/11?

4.)The EU through economic pressure?

Answers:

1.)No, it is an ineffectual knitting society.

2.)See 1.

3.)We've been hit and will be hit again, but while Iraq will be the stated excuse, it would have happened irrespective of our action there.

4.)Very doubtful, as the French and Germans have shown they have a greater loyalty to money than to principles.  (which btw, I actually don't have a problem with as long as they are honest about it.)

Hussein has had em and used em repeatedly.  He tried to/did get them again and would have employed them again.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2003, 03:24:48 PM »
I still think WMDs will be found in a relatively short period, relative to the years the UN inspection team spent looking. However, even if they are never found, it won't prove they don't/didn't exist. It is a very large desert and I have little doubt that Syria, along with a few other countries, would love nothing more than to see the US embarrassed.

Regarding whether Bush was lying every since he took office. If/when the WMDs are found will that make every nay sayer here and elsewhere in the world liars? Be careful with the rocks when ya live in a glass house.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2003, 03:35:50 PM »
They were used against the kurds years ago and during the iran iraq war.

Hussein HAD WMD's. Anyone denying it has a severe case of imbecility.

They could make them back then, they could destroy them for the international community's benefit, then rebuild them a year later.

You know, kinda like N' Korea and their nuclear program.

You can bet yer arse the US spec forces and the CIA are running around Iraq now, not looking for Saddam and his cronies but for the scientists and facilities that worked on the project. They are the biggest threat.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2003, 04:09:36 PM »
They were used against the kurds years ago and during the iran iraq war.

Hussein HAD WMD's. Anyone denying it has a severe case of imbecility.

Nobody is disputing that he HAD the weapons, resolution 687 spelled out that he had to destroy them. As of this date, as far as we know, this was done.
Item: Saddam’s son in law said these weapons were destroyed in mid 90’s
Item: All the scientists captured so far confirm those weapons were destroyed.

They could make them back then, they could destroy them for the international community's benefit, then rebuild them a year later.

Sure but the point of this wager is I didn’t believe Saddam had massive piles of this stuff. I base this premise on many factors, the many deceptions the Bush administration has already demonstrated plus intelligence officials giving themselves wiggle room i.e. administration taking our reports out of context so forth and so on.

As far as placing a 90 day time limit, this is a wager.. Any wager must have rules and boundaries or it could go on forever and nobody would win.. Haven’t any of you guys ever played cards?.. Or gone to Las Vegas like Bill Bennett?.. I’m betting Bush is holding a pair of deuces in a game that’s jacks or better.

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2003, 04:47:54 PM »
Thats what makes the UN resolution so ridiculous. It was made *for* the stupid masses, aka the public opinion.

Every goverment on earth knows it is a futile gesture to destroy WMD's that can be rebuilt in a matter of months. And yet, when some nutcase develops them, all they do is play the public opinion game and hope that by doing *good* bussiness or acting as buddy-buddies with mr. nutcase, they will somehow escape being hit by said WMD's when the cheese hits the fan

Retards the lot of them!

What the coalition did in Iraq may well be the equivalent of the Penemunde raid and the Norwegian commando raid on Nazi rocket / nuclear programs during WW2.

The Mullah Kebob has been served, next up Kim Noodles!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2003, 05:47:17 PM »
Nobody is disputing that he HAD the weapons, resolution 687
As far as placing a 90 day time limit, this is a wager.. Any wager must have rules and boundaries.... I’m betting Bush is holding a pair of deuces in a game that’s jacks or better.

As I recall, I asked for 6 months as the limit but you wouldn't accept that. To my way of thinking, if they're there at 6 months, they're probably there at 90 days but just not found yet.

But 90 days it is; I accepted that time limit. No other way to get the bet down.  :D

Tell me this... if they find a big cache of WMD on day 91 or 95 or 170....... is Bush still holding dueces?

I'm thinking he'd have four Aces.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2003, 06:23:22 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!