Author Topic: 10 Bears, Do we have a wager?  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
10 Bears, Do we have a wager?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2003, 07:31:33 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2003, 07:56:06 PM »
Q: what does 10 Bears on a BBQ taste like?

A: chicken.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2003, 08:02:52 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
geeze 10 bears..  if he has bio weapons buried deep in the desert then what's stopping him from digging em up and using em?  

Maybe we should demand he turn over his shovels of mass dirt movement.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2003, 09:25:13 PM »
I have been reading things you post for a long time and haven't seen any evidense of clairvoyance from you.... indeed.... your liberal doom and gloom is mostly laughable.
lazs

Yo Laz.. you laughing now?... Pttttz Dweeb...

for Toad...

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2003, 09:28:40 PM »
You guys startin' the clock today, with victory declared and all?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2003, 09:35:56 PM »
Nah, I volunteered to start the clock back on April 19.

There's a thread in here I started with "End of Hostilities" in the title.

The clock's been running.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2003, 09:39:40 PM »
Pretty generous of ya Toad. Was it 30 or 90 days after hostilities?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2003, 09:49:43 PM »
Betting on the word of a politician?  Bad idea.

bowser

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »
AK, 90 days.

Bowser, no we're not betting on "the word of a politician".

We're betting on whether or not Iraq actually had WMD that will be found and verified independently.

I believe Hussein had WMD.

10B believed they didn't.

I did not base my belief on what a "politician" said. I read a lot, talked to some of my ex-USAF buddies and made an evaluation.

We'll see.

But don't worry; I'll be OK if I lose. It's not a million dollars or anything. Thanks for your concern, though.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2003, 10:22:57 PM »
I didn't see the thread where the clock had started... but I assume it goes for our wager also Toad (or whenever u want)?

As far as I'm concerned, *everyone* was going on guesses. Due to that, bragging about any which way this turned out (and will turn out) is absurd.

"I was right, you were wrong" is the same as saying "Gee aint I smart - neither of us had any information, but I made a better guess than you". So I think it's silly to see or do any bragging on it.

It'll cost me, but I really do hope WMD turns up. And for selfish reasons. It just works out better for folks in our part of the world if this WMD stuff doesn't turn out to be a crock of ****. It'll end up being worth a lot more to me than the bet, that's for sure.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2003, 10:28:24 PM »
It seems to work for Rush Limbaugh. He spends half his time going over his past statements and saying, "See? I was right."

:)
sand

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2003, 10:43:56 PM »
I don't know why he'd need to... Everyone already knows that Rush is the kind of visionary that only comes along once every ten generations.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2003, 11:05:33 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
Bush claims to pray to God every morning.. he’s one of these born again Christians.. The born agains tend to read more of the old testament than the new.. It’s all about the end times with them.. Rapture..  

If, for George W Bush, it is all about the end times, and the end times is dealt with in Revelations....  the last book of the New Testament, then he tends to read more of the the New than the Old.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2003, 11:10:02 PM »
To me the bet was more about the old "put yer money where your mouth is".

There's a lot of BS slung around here; just one tiny little way to see who really believes what they're saying with the electronic ink.

Nash, of course. I figured you saw the thread. I'd never do something like that anyway.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2003, 12:58:21 AM »
Toad,
I was curious this morning and wanted to remind myself how noodlesure you were about all these WMD I kick myself for not betting you on the first part.. that they would use WMD in the first hours of the invasion.

Our country’s credibility depends on you winning this bet. I want you to win.. But I based my prediction on a pattern of deception from Bush that goes back to the campaign of 2000. The tax cut was supposed to put more people into work not the other way. The $300 rebate was nice but the next year on line 27, they deducted the 300$.. I was expecting to get that. Turns out, that wasn’t a rebate that was just an advance. Tells us he’s the education President.. Has a photo op for a early childhood reading program for 300 million in front of all the cameras. Same time he’s doing that he cuts 5 billion from the student loan program. Tells us he supports the troops then cuts 15 billion from Veteran benefits.  This guy is a real work of art.

I realize you want to give Bush the benefit of the doubt but is there a limit to the benefit?..  

My God.. do you know what.. If we find out he lied about the pretext for invasion, what else did he lie about?.. 911?

Do you remember me making all these stipulations on the wager?.. Can’t be precursor chemicals that could be duel use.. Can’t be deployment systems.. Did that on purpose because I know how these guys will try and change the spin.