Author Topic: 10 Bears, Do we have a wager?  (Read 2510 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
10 Bears, Do we have a wager?
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2003, 06:49:58 PM »
Time will come today... Time!!!

tick- tock... tick-tock... tick tick tick.... tock... tock... tock....

time time time time....

Chamber's brothers --1966

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2003, 07:05:56 PM »
Just counted it off the calendar from this post.

Bet ends 10 days from today.

Said Toad: "When the war does happen, Iraq (most likely Republican Guard Units) will use either chemical or biological weapons currently prohibited by the UN against the US forces. If not, it will be clearly shown on worldwide media AFTER the war that Iraq had stockpiles of these weapons that WERE NOT known to the UN inspectors prior to the war. In other words, that they're lying through their teeth about not having this stuff."

Curious to know what yer thoughts are on the matter at this point Toad. Is it still "hasn't been enough time" or is that beginning to change some?

Yours and mine's bet ends 100 days from now, correct? (we tacked on an additional 3 months if I remember that right).

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2003, 10:12:52 PM »
Man, if only we could all be as good at guessing as 10bears is!  Super Duper 10bears!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2003, 03:49:09 PM »
haha toad

Offline yowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2003, 04:47:56 PM »
You mean they didn't find any WMD yet!!???  What the...

bowser

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2003, 04:54:11 PM »
Liberals....sad that your only hope is for the economy to tank and for us to fail in Iraq.

Oh well....this next year will be interesting....can't wait to hear the libs attack Bush....so much easier than offerring up real solutions to real problems.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2003, 05:12:10 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
Toad,

Do you remember me making all these stipulations on the wager?.. Can’t be precursor chemicals that could be duel use.. Can’t be deployment systems.. Did that on purpose because I know how these guys will try and change the spin.

This seems pretty precient now.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2003, 06:29:31 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
This seems pretty precient now.

One entry found for prescience.

Main Entry: pre·science
Pronunciation: 'pre-sh(E-)&n(t)s, 'prE-, -s(E-)&n(t)s
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin praescientia, from Latin praescient-, praesciens, present participle of praescire to know beforehand, from prae- + scire to know -- more at SCIENCE
Date: 14th century
: foreknowledge of events: a : divine omniscience b : human anticipation of the course of events : FORESIGHT
- pre·scient  /-sh(E-)&nt, -s(E-)&nt/ adjective
- pre·scient·ly adverb

Or you could read STRATFOR.COM like I do, their pretty reliable. They’ve been having doubts about all this WMD stuff the summer of ’02.

Or you could do a goggle search of the hundreds of articles the past year, many intelligence folk stepping forward, saying how their information is being manipulated by the Bush administration.

You can relax rednecks.. nothing will come of this.. Bush will be re-elected by a land-slide. The majority of Americans will whoop an’ holler with ol’ Dubba he finally went over and kicked some ass. They’ll just shut these knuckle-heads up be asking too many questions... You want to know the real reason?.. Go read the PNAC white paper.. it spells it all out.. The United States and Great Briton would like to control the military and oil contracts in a line from Syria to Afghanistan.  

The fact of the matter is... Their right!!.. It would be in America’s best interest. But why lie about it?  They could’ve easily have sold this war based on the truth.. They could’ve sat down with us and explained exactly what’s happening here. American’s would’ve bought it they love drivin’ their SUVs.

Thx MT ;)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2003, 06:33:02 AM »
This is awesome. It's supposedly up to the people who don't think there are WMD hidden in Iraq to show where they're hidden.

Spaketh Ari Fleischer in Pretoria, South Africa yesterday:

"I think the American people continue to express their support for ridding the world of Saddam Hussein based on just cause, knowing that Saddam Hussein had chemical and biological weapons that were unaccounted for that we're still confident we'll find. I think the burden is on those people who think he didn't have weapons of mass destruction to tell the world where they are."

Huh?

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2003, 07:38:06 AM »
Oh oh.. let me clairfy let me...

"I think the American people continue to express their support for ridding the world of Saddam Hussein based on ...just because, knowing that Saddam Hussein had chemical and biological weapons back in the 90's that were unaccounted for that we're still confident we'll find.

"I'll spend the rest of my life searching for those weapons" shouted President Bush from his golf cart

I think the burden is on those people who think he didn't have weapons of mass destruction to tell the world where they are."

WHAT?

"1 or 2 American G.I.'s killed a day?.. Pshaw!" exclaimed Sec. of State Rumsfield "more crack dealers are killed every day in drive-by shootings in any major city"

(close to actual quote)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2003, 09:37:11 AM »
The truth of the matter is that those of you who oppose the action taken in Iraq, would not have supported Bush in anything he proposed.

The truth is that you guys don't like him, feel he stole the election and shouldn't be president.

I don't believe you have the integrity to simply state the above without disguising it with this policy or that.

Is honesty only for those whom you guys place in your political crosshairs?

Within the next year, we will all know the truth of this and other points of discussion regarding the current administration. If we find out factually, that Bush and his intentionally decieved the American people, then I'll be the first to shake your hand and admit my error in judgement along with calling for his immediate impeachment.

I remain confident however, that WMD's did, still do and most certainly would have festered in Iraq by Saddams hands had we sat and done nothing as the UN prescribed.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2003, 09:47:00 AM »
The World hates you for it.
====
What are your GPS coordinates?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2003, 10:02:23 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager

What are your GPS coordinates?

you don't know how to use a map ?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2003, 10:19:44 AM »
Oh come on Rude!

I supported the war with Iraq, but that quote Nash posted is undefendable! We were sold on this war as a measure to enhance OUR NATIONAL SECURITY DUE TO WMD.  

Saying that "we" are just angry at Bush is just dodging the point. Don't you think we Americans should be expecting Bush etal to back-up the prewar rhetoric?

I'm not angry at Bush. The war was one of the few things he did that I supported. Now it seems that we were misinformed. Spinning that war as a liberation of Iraq is the worst kind of propaganda.

Asking people if they would rather have kept Saddam in power so he could persecute the Iraqi people is like asking "when did you stop beating your wife?"

The WMD need to be found (if they exist) .... PERIOD!

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2003, 10:34:45 AM »
There's an alternate truth Rude.

The truth of the matter is that those of you who blindly support the action taken in Iraq, would support anything Bush pushes and anything he proposed with knee-jerk regularity before even bothering to look into the underlying factuality of the policy or program using any third-party source.

The truth is that after the deep dark Clinton years, it's impossible to imagin that the golden savior of American could be in over his head.

I don't believe you have the integrity to simply state the above without disguising it with this policy or that.

Is honesty only for those whom you guys place in your political crosshairs, like Clinton or any other Dumbocrat?

Within the next year, we will all know the truth of this and other points of discussion regarding the current administration. If we find out factually, that Bush and his intentionally deceived the American people, then I'll be the first to shake your hand and admit my error in judgement along with calling for his immediate impeachment. However, if there is even the remotest, unlikeliest straw to grasp that allows me to say, "See, they COULD be here, he PROBABLY secretly shipped them to France, then I will say the factual burden has not been met.

I remain confident however, that WMD's did, still do and most certainly would have festered in Iraq by Saddams hands had we sat and done nothing as the UN prescribed. However immaterial that may be to America's non energy-related security, world security (such as the threat posed by N. Korea or PRC), or the events of 9/11.

Charon

BTW, It's about saving the Iraqi people now, even at the White House. You must have missed the memo.