Author Topic: 10 Bears, Do we have a wager?  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
10 Bears, Do we have a wager?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2003, 11:06:18 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
Liberals....sad that your only hope is for the economy to tank and for us to fail in Iraq.

Oh well....this next year will be interesting....can't wait to hear the libs attack Bush....so much easier than offerring up real solutions to real problems.

If the Dems only had semen on a dress to attack Bush with:} Now that would be important....

:rolleyes:
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2003, 11:36:20 AM »
I agree with you. Your views are the same as mine regarding the war in Iraq.

My point is that the views of many who post here are not honest, but rather convenient. They hope against hope....for Bush to fail would only bring them contentment in the most perverted way.

Like I said before....I believe in right and wrong....good and evil. I want what is best for OUR Nation. I have believed, and until PROVEN otherwise, will continue to believe that Bush is honest and forthright....he will serve the American people's best longterm interests.

If proof that he has decieved or in any way manipulated the truth to serve some private agenda comes to light, then I will be the first to call for his impeachment....until then, I remain supportive of our President.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2003, 12:02:06 PM »
I thought this post was about a BET made between 2 people not about WMD and every ones feelings on the topic of GBJ!!!

So who won the bet and did the other guy pay up?
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2003, 12:18:05 PM »
Charon....

Learn to comprehend what you read....

If we find out factually, that Bush and his intentionally decieved the American people, then I'll be the first to shake your hand and admit my error in judgement along with calling for his immediate impeachment.

That's as honest as I can be regarding this topic.

Do I view democrats and liberals fairly? Fairness has nothing to do with it...it's about ideology.

I believe abortion born out of convenience is wrong....welfare or other social crutches which destroy character and ambitions are wrong....gay rights....public education regarding send more money as the solution and many other differences.

I do believe in free medical care for those 65 or older is the right thing to do....I enjoy the opportunities and success I pocess due directly to those who have come before me...to abandon or burden those seniors should be viewed as a crime both morally and legally.

My views are based on hard facts, not emotion or political party. I'll say it again....if Bush lied or decieved the American public, he should be removed from office. The difference between myself and others here, is that I want what works for my country, not my political party or it's captains.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2003, 12:25:54 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
If the Dems only had semen on a dress to attack Bush with:} Now that would be important....

:rolleyes:

He lied....if having a President that lies sits good with you, then that's your bag and you're welcome to it.

You cannot be so ignorant as to not realize that Washington is about power and only power. BOTH parties play the same game and guess what....we lose. Last time the republicans played their games to gain back that power....this time it wil be the democrats.

Instead of being angered at one or the other, we should all be angry with ourselves for letting them hijack our goverment in the first place.

Serving the American people should be paramount in Washington....I simply hoped that Bush might lean that way....until FACTS PROVE otherwise, I'll support the best we currently have.

Yes, I would have supported a Democrat as president if I believed he had the best interest of America in mind, rather than himself and his own selfish and adolescent wants.

How you guys could defend that man is beyond me.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2003, 08:26:13 PM »
Been pretty busy with real life serious family stuff.

I know the time limit on the bet with 10Bears is close and it looks like he'll win it. And, of course, I'll send $45 to the Ronald McDonald house of his choice. I keep my word.

I remain pretty relaxed with respect to the whole WMD issue at this point, however.

I originally wanted six months as a time limit on the bet, figuring we'd see what we're seeing in Iraq right now. No matter how quickly you subdue their military, there is and always would be a much longer period of time before you can get cooperation from the common folks. Especially since SH isn't proven dead as yet.

However, 10B, in his overwhelming confidence, didn't want to wager at all, really. So, I took what I could get for terms just to get him to "put up or shut up".

So, Nash, in answer to your question: I pretty much expected the search to take much more than 3 months. I pretty much expected the "guerilla actions" we're seeing in Iraq now; in fact, I expected much more than what we're seeing right now. I also pretty much expected the anti-Bush crowd to start their drumming  as soon as the war ended.

And they did.

As I said, time will tell and I never viewed 3 months as much time at all.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2003, 09:41:08 PM »
Rgr that.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2003, 09:42:14 PM »
Boobies in thread. :eek:

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2003, 09:57:33 PM »
the way i see it, no matter which way the 'bet' goes, Toad wins.

so does the rest of the world.

as for bush.. the guys a boob.

now, before yah all get yer balls in an uproar, lemme qualify that statement..

politicans IMHO pretty much have to be boobs to be electable. by that standard it ain't an immense leap of logic to come to the conclusion that bush is a world class BOOB.

thanks to the dubious providence of recent history, bush just happened to be the boob at the switch when the shidt hit the fan. and i would have supported any political boob that did the right thing after 9/11.. and the boob DID do the right thing.

see, i figure i get a chance to help pick the boob of boobs every 4 years. i await with anxious anticipation the next election.

after all, a boob in hand ain't necessarly better than a boob named bush.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2003, 10:06:58 PM »
Can't say I disagree with the boob perspective, but I'm at a bit of a loss in seeing the logic involved as to how that makes Toad the winner either way here. :confused:

Btw... Where ya been?! Hope things are lookin' up for ya.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2003, 10:54:59 PM »
hiya nash!

currently i'm retired.

it just sounds sooooo much better than 'unemployed'.

however, when the unemployment insurance runs out, my status will be downgraded from 'retired' to 'homeless'.

at whichpoint, i will spin that off to 'unencumbered'.

As fer Toad's Dilemma.. well, if there's no WMD found and Saddams been removed from power; I fail to see how that's all that much diffrent than WMD's found and Saddam still removed from power.

win-win deal, either way.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2003, 12:06:14 AM »
wow... .... okay... to each his own I reckon. :)

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2003, 01:26:10 AM »
you know hangtime your not really considered and counted as unemployed till your getting no more checks in the mail. thats how we can say we have a 6 percent unemployeement rate(about 1 million people) when 2.5 million jobs have been cut in the past 2 years.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2003, 04:59:30 AM »
As fer Toad's Dilemma.. well, if there's no WMD found and Saddams been removed from power; I fail to see how that's all that much diffrent than WMD's found and Saddam still removed from power.

Is this "American logic"?

Pffft!

And toads lame excuse for loosing the bet is priceless! :D
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2003, 06:04:30 AM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
you know hangtime your not really considered and counted as unemployed till your getting no more checks in the mail. thats how we can say we have a 6 percent unemployeement rate(about 1 million people) when 2.5 million jobs have been cut in the past 2 years.

Fuzzy math should be a course.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)