Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2005, 04:45:54 AM »
Originally posted by Elfie
What fanatics and terrrorists are you talking about?

I hope you are kidding..... Do abortion clinic bombings or drs being murdered in the name of religion ring any bells?
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2005, 05:11:25 AM »
Originally posted by Seagoon

Because that is what Christ taught in the Bible, and I believe the Bible to be the word of God.

I know you don't and I can't myself make you do so.

- SEAGOON

Im sorry to use this one quote out of your whole statement but it shows so much.

Im thinking maybe you and some crusaders could "MAKE" Dude believe:)

This world would be so much better off if everyone kept their bond with their God in their hearts where it belongs.

What other people choose to believe or not believe should be of no concern to anyone.
+Silat
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2005, 05:26:50 AM »
Originally posted by Silat
Im sorry to use this one quote out of your whole statement but it shows so much.

This world would be so much better off if everyone kept their bond with their God in their hearts where it belongs.

What other people choose to believe or not believe should be of no concern to anyone.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2005, 12:02:09 PM »

WHAT A SHAM.

Forgive me, but I get a little tired of the raging intolerance of the tolerant.

What you are really saying is that evangelical Christians should shut-up while everyone is forced to listen while liberal secular humanists drone on endlessly about what they believe. Not only that, but our children must be forced to listen to what they believe in the school systems and then be graded on their ability to regurgitate it later. People who say, "God should be the measure of all things" are laughed to scorn in the public square by the very same people who instead insist that their opinions should be the measure of all things. ("and ye shall be as gods")

Meanwhile, people who devote their lives to the study of the Bible are told authoritatively about what "Christianity really is" and "who Jesus is" by people   whose sole knowledge of the word is the few bits and pieces they've picked up listening to other liberal secular humanists, reading pop-novels, and watching hit pieces on TV.  We must all accept your cosmoligical, political, and epistemological presuppositions or we must be silent.

And the naked hypocrisy of it all! Faith must be kept out of the public square we are told, but only if it is that nasty conservative orthodox kind of faith. We will gladly allow the Reverend Jackson, and the Rev Sharpton a hearing and applaud loudly when Al Gore campaigns in liberal churches, oh and if someone with the label clergy wants to preach to us the very opposite of the teaching of the bible and proclaim homosexuality, abortion, and every deviation we can think of to be good and perfectly natural, then we will call them good and tolerant and wise and gladly give them a pulpit to be heard.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2005, 12:17:04 PM »
WHAT A SHAM.

What you are really saying is that evangelical Christians should shut-up while everyone is forced to listen while liberal secular humanists drone on endlessly about what they believe. Not only that, but our children must be forced to listen to what they believe in the school systems and then be graded on their ability to regurgitate it later. People who say, "God should be the measure of all things" are laughed to scorn in the public square by the very same people who instead insist that their opinions should be the measure of all things. ("and ye shall be as gods")

Meanwhile, people who devote their lives to the study of the Bible are told authoritatively about what "Christianity really is" and "who Jesus is" by people   whose sole knowledge of the word is the few bits and pieces they've picked up listening to other liberal secular humanists, reading pop-novels, and watching hit pieces on TV.  We must all accept your cosmoligical, political, and epistemological presuppositions or we must be silent.

And the naked hypocrisy of it all! Faith must be kept out of the public square we are told, but only if it is that nasty conservative orthodox kind of faith. We will gladly allow the Reverend Jackson, and the Rev Sharpton a hearing and applaud loudly when Al Gore campaigns in liberal churches, oh and if someone with the label clergy wants to preach to us the very opposite of the teaching of the bible and proclaim homosexuality, abortion, and every deviation we can think of to be good and perfectly natural, then we will call them good and tolerant and wise and gladly give them a pulpit to be heard.

- SEAGOON

Nice sermon.
Secularists dont believe I thought? So what is it they are pushing on you?
I didnt mention conserves or libs. Ill say it again. Your faith is for you and you alone. Quit trying to push it down our throats. No one is pushing anything on you. Because others live their lives the way they choose does in no way harm you. Liberals dont force you to be liberal. Turn off the TV if you dont like the show.
If you dont like public school then send your children to a private school that teaches creationism instead of science.
If you dont believe in abortion then dont get one.
If you dont want to be homosexual then dont date your own sex.
And try to educate yourself. People dont choose to be homosexual. Your writings show who is truely intolerant.
+Silat

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2005, 12:29:31 PM »
It would look abit silly if i quoted you again Silat, but i agree 100%.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2005, 04:05:18 PM »
And try to educate yourself. People dont choose to be homosexual. Your writings show who is truely intolerant.

Not that I believe you're interested, but the emerging consensus in the Scientific community is that the "Gay Gene" studies were prime example of using bad science to find what you wanted to find:
Is there a Gay Gene?

A while back, someone asked me how do you know when Matt. 7:6 applies? And I think I've finally gotten there and probably beyond. With the level of ad hominem argumentation increasing in this thread, I'm finding it more and more difficult to turn the other cheek and not repay evil for evil, and I know myself well enough to know I'm going to end up venting and writing things I'll regret and have to publicly  repent of later. So rather than saying those things, I'll heed Paul's Command about not quarreling, and depart.
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2005, 04:08:13 PM »
NARTH

National association for research & therapy of homosexuality ???

wtf seagoon !!!???!!!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2005, 05:15:44 PM »
I hope you are kidding..... Do abortion clinic bombings or drs being murdered in the name of religion ring any bells?

No I wasnt kidding Silat. I was asking a question so I wouldnt have to assume what you meant.

I personally dont believe in bombing abortion clinics or murdering doctors who perform abortions even though I believe that abortions are murder. I do believe those people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_viol.htm

Although there was a significant problem with abortion clinics (prior to 2000) being bombed, set fire to etc. That problem has largely been eliminated. Since 2000 there has been ONE murder/attempted murder of doctors who perform abortions and 16 instances of bombing/arson or attempted bombing/arson. Compare that to the decade of the '90's with 23 murders/attempted murders and 152 cases of bombing/arson or attempts.

If you dont like public school then send your children to a private school that teaches creationism instead of science.

Science vs Creationism? Or should I say Evolution vs Creationism? From a pure scientific stand, both are theories since niether can be proved with scientific facts.

I dont believe Seagoon was trying to force his beliefs down anyones throat. He answered questions put to him by others according to his beliefs.

Why are you so anti-Christian? Why do you hate Christians so much?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2005, 05:41:18 PM »
Wow... if found the Dumb, Dumber and Dumber'er thread.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2005, 06:12:35 PM »
Originally posted by Tumor
Wow... if found the Dumb, Dumber and Dumber'er thread.

Details please... who is who?

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2005, 06:21:32 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie

Science vs Creationism? Or should I say Evolution vs Creationism? From a pure scientific stand, both are theories since niether can be proved with scientific facts.

Really.. I mean both theories are equally ridiculous. Evolving from single cell organisms? The proof of evolution is so apparent and logical that it must be false. It is perfectly acceptable to believe in a giant floating entity in the sky, parting waters, and a big boat full of animals who don't poop.....it  is just as plausable.

Personally, I happen to know for a fact it was Aliens. :)

Woof

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2005, 06:32:21 PM »

- SEAGOON

Well... why don't we all quit pretending that religion is anything more than a security blanket for the people who can't face the fact that dead is dead and then maybe we can quit killing each other over our differing ideas of who or what the nonexistant  super being may be?  :rolleyes:

Woof

Hate the sin... not the sinner. And if THAT doesn't work... then make up a new sin and hate that.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2005, 06:57:25 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Details please... who is who?

Me... all three, for looking at the title and then clicking on it.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2005, 08:00:36 PM »

Man thats sig material!

btw I agree.