Author Topic: Furballers Vs. Toolshedders  (Read 12464 times)

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Furballers Vs. Toolshedders
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2005, 04:32:09 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

I often wonder what the fluffers coming in on a base where there has been feverish activity (furballs) for an hour or so thinks.   Does he realize his presence is greeted with the same enthusiasm people have when they see a baby ruth in the swimming pool?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Depends on your goal, lassie.  I would appreciate the bomber's efforts, since my goal is to take your base.  You wouldn't, since it then means that you have to find or create another furball.

Remember, it isn't all about you, except in your mind.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2005, 04:45:51 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!   MY EARS MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!!!!!!
  Oh wait i'm reading this......
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! MY EYES MY EYES ARE BLEEDING!!!!!!!
    THIS THREAD JUST KEEPS GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING AND GOING!!!!!!!!

Can't we all just get along???   Oh wait what was I thinking asking such a question?
:rofl
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline ThunderEGG

• Copper Member
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2005, 04:55:57 PM »
Originally posted by Tilt
Well I suppose I should declare my interests here..........

Like Filth I enjoy all aspects......they all can be fun ........for me including the odd furball......especially when its spontanious.

I have no problem with furballers sharing the MA with the main thrust of the game play.

My thoughts exactly.  I enjoy certain aspects of bombers, GV's, gunning, resupplying, running in troops, and the occasional furball.  I realize everyone else finds certain characteristics of the game more fun than others, and that's what makes this game fun for me.  One consistent example of this is that I play with a squad of very diverse individuals.  Some love flying fighters and absolutely loath bombers.  I personally fly a mix of fighters and buffs, but can't hit crap in a tank.  Some love to furball, and some prefer to hit strat and take bases.  I have no problem with that.

What I do object to is the belittling (and personal attacks) of players by players as if one aspect of gameplay (furballing) supercedes another (strategic aquisition) in the MA.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Furballs
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2005, 05:00:05 PM »
It's not that people are trying to belittle other people. It's the simple fact of when there's a good fight someone always comes in and kills the FHz. Honestly, there's an easy solution to all this. Either harden the FHz or go back to not being able to destroy them.

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Re: Furballs
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2005, 05:02:10 PM »
Originally posted by PK1Mw
It's not that people are trying to belittle other people. It's the simple fact of when there's a good fight someone always comes in and kills the FHz. Honestly, there's an easy solution to all this. Either harden the FHz or go back to not being able to destroy them.

you're telling me! that once upon a time the FHs could not get destroyed?!?!? zOMFG why do they not do this now? at least in fightertown?! all the complaining will stop if this happens!

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
btw
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2005, 05:05:51 PM »
And one more thing, for those maps that have gv and fighter towns... or furball islands... make them bases uncapturable too! :D

worth a shot.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2005, 05:07:51 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
Have you read it?  You would find that the lessons are transferrable to gaming, business, interpersonal relations, and just about every other confrontational activity that a human can do.

In order to open your mind, you must shut your mouth, Stank.
I've read it.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2005, 05:08:27 PM »
While I do not speak for the  "furballers"  I  understand what there gripe is about.
If there is a legit base capture going on "troops inbound or up from attacking field" . But the cap is not sufficiant to keep fighters down. A legit drops fom alt with a bomb sight they the furballers might not have so much of a gripe with it.
Now what they are complaning about is the A** who comes in and drops the FH with lankastukas when there is no legit base capture ongoing. IE no troops inbound no troops up multiple sectors away. The person who does this is just doing it to be a griefer .  This low life  gets his jollies by pissing off as many people as he can .

So unless that is what you are doing don't be so offended.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2005, 05:22:57 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk

Now what they are complaning about is the A** who comes in and drops the FH with lankastukas when there is no legit base capture ongoing. IE no troops inbound no troops up multiple sectors away. The person who does this is just doing it to be a griefer .  This low life  gets his jollies by pissing off as many people as he can .

So unless that is what you are doing don't be so offended.

Bronk

Exactly!!  :aok

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2005, 05:24:17 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
If you seriously think this is a valid comparrison, I'm gonna bust open in my gut from laughing so hard, and maybe die.

Promises, promises...
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2005, 05:25:57 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
lankastukas

LOL
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2005, 05:40:13 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
LOL Great pic!

Beetle has a few points there. There are alot of gamey things involved.

Beetle , has nothing their , except  a thumb, 4 fingers an a rosey palm as usual.
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2005, 06:29:42 PM »
Let's dissect that statement...

1.  HT has no competition (not that there aren't any pretenders, they just suck).  Therefore, HT has the best product.

Yep

2.  If HT HAD competition (i.e, the pretenders didn't suck so much) the game would have to get better.

Yep again!

So what you're saying, is that this is the best game available, but it still isn't good enough for you?

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

You didn’t miss a single point!

Now, considering how many people have a hard time analyzing what they read today, you certainly have a solid grasp of deductive reasoning.

Maybe you would be taken more seriously if you had a POSITIVE, proactive suggestion, not just more adolescent "this game sucks" whiney complaints.

Any pro-active posts I have made have been shot down (pun intended).  The game sux, and the only reason I stick around is there is nothing better.

I personally want to participate in Fighter to Fighter dogfighting. No GV’s, no airfields to take or defend, no Buffs.  Just a good old fashioned QuakeHigh type of furballing fun.

I don’t care if the cockpits are realistic, I don’t care if the planes are modeled or painted correctly, and I don’t care who wins the war.

And I really care even less if you want to turn this into a personal attack.

When you have to start to turn your on attack the person rather than the idea, it is a sure sign that  your own ideas may be weak

Just saying... [/B]

Just saying :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 06:32:30 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2005, 10:31:22 PM »
There must be several more like minded guys like you. You should arrange with them to play together in CA or DA with nary an interruption.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2005, 11:53:33 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

now take the GV's and bombers.... concession city as befits their add on situation... they are barely recognizable as the real life things they imitate... "mouse weilders" love em... their mission?   to wreck the game for fighters because.... otherwise... what would be their point?

There is nothing in AH to compare with a large furball.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Explain to me this connection between bombers/GVers and Mouse weilders?

I dont get it.

Or is it just another lame  and utterly moronic discription for something like "Toolshedders" that people dont like in the game and live under the delusion that if they make up a stupid name for it that people will somehow be shamed into not doing it anymore

I fail to see what the mouse has to do with it.
I only use my joystick for everything, Planes, GVs, whatever.
I am assuming the vast majority of Buff drivers GVers do the same.
I only use the mouse for the same thing evryone does reguardless of what they do.

As for whats their point? GV vrs GV Battles can be ALOT of fun too. And Im not talking about spawn camping. But rather movement and position. using the terrain to your best advantage.

Obvious you havent spent any amount of time in GVs to get the fun out of it

As for furballs.
yea there is. Take an M8 up and drive around in circles as fast as you Can all the while trying to shoot at everything in sight.

I generally equate the large furball to the mindlessness of being stuck in a  running clothes dryer. Fun for a few minutes. Then you get sick.

the majority of the kills you (speaking in general terms) get are not through plane performance, or skill but rather from cherrypicking someone while he is busy trying to do the sam ot someone else.
and the majority of times you get killed is by being cherrypicked while trying to cherypick someone else.

Like I said fun for a while then zzzzzz,zzzzzz,zzzzzz
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 12:00:48 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty