Author Topic: IDF says "building collapsed 8 hours after the attack"  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
IDF says "building collapsed 8 hours after the attack"
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 03:25:05 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Your own link doesnt say Israel kidnapped anyone. You havent provided any proof that Israel is kidnapping people, it's just your opinion.

Lets break this down real simple, Israel says the two soldiers were kidnapped, Kidnapping as we all know it, usually enatils being pulled of the street etc,  Were these 2 soldiers in Israel walking down the road and then kidnapped?
More likely they were in Lebanese soveriegn territory, but Israel says thay were kidnapped, not caught sneaking around in Lebanon, but kidnapped, must be true right?
How can i provide proff Israel kidnapps people, do you think they are just gonna come out and say that they do? no, of course not, they are arrested, " Threat to the state" and all that, same garbage the British pulled in Ireland, going round and lifting people out of their beds for nothing, then holding them in Prisons till they decided to let them out.
I see a tremendous amount with Palestine/Lebbanon and the Ireland/ British thing,  One big neighbour imposing it's will on another and the whole world belives the big guy, Sticking people in Jails, Propaganda machines in full swing, same thing different region

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 03:32:30 PM »
Originally posted by Hawco
Lets break this down real simple, Israel says the two soldiers were kidnapped, Kidnapping as we all know it, usually enatils being pulled of the street etc,  Were these 2 soldiers in Israel walking down the road and then kidnapped?
More likely they were in Lebanese soveriegn territory, but Israel says thay were kidnapped, not caught sneaking around in Lebanon, but kidnapped, must be true right?
How can i provide proff Israel kidnapps people, do you think they are just gonna come out and say that they do? no, of course not, they are arrested, " Threat to the state" and all that, same garbage the British pulled in Ireland, going round and lifting people out of their beds for nothing, then holding them in Prisons till they decided to let them out.
I see a tremendous amount with Palestine/Lebbanon and the Ireland/ British thing,  One big neighbour imposing it's will on another and the whole world belives the big guy, Sticking people in Jails, Propaganda machines in full swing, same thing different region

Almost 99.99% of all reports of the incident indicate the soldiers where patroling their 100% UN approved border on the ISRAEL side and the patrol was ambushed by gurillas.

OOPS forgot to mention 8 of them where killed.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 03:35:03 PM »
Israel says the two soldiers were kidnapped, Kidnapping as we all know it, usually enatils being pulled of the street etc

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnap

It has come to mean any illegal capture or detention of persons against their will, regardless of age, as for ransom; since 1768 the term abduction was also used in this sense. Another case is when two countries are at war: enemy soldiers may be captured in another country and detained as prisoners of war under the law of the capturer's state, and suspected war criminals and those suspected of genocide or crimes against humanity may be arrested.

Sooooo, to make things real simple for you. An arrest is done within a countries legal system. Example, the police arrest someone for a crime.

Kidnapping is done for ransom, or to further another crime. The Israeli soldiers are being held for ransom, (Hezbollah wants prisoners released as a condition of releasing the soldiers, a type of ransom.) Hezbollah is also NOT a gov't agency of any country. They are a terrorist organization with both political and militant segments.

According to this information, Israel DOES arrest people and Hizbolltards DO kidnap people.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2006, 03:37:27 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Almost 99.99% of all reports of the incident indicate the soldiers where patroling their 100% UN approved border on the ISRAEL side and the patrol was ambushed by gurillas.

OOPS forgot to mention 8 of them where killed.

That would be correct.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline PonyDriver

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2006, 03:42:44 PM »
Google IRA and ETA before spewing up your usual line.

What does this have to do with anything, appeaser?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2006, 03:42:45 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
That would be correct.

Next he's going to say that attacking soldiers by one terrorist group on one border kidnapping 2 and killing 8 is the same as Israel forces arresting somone carrying a bomb vest on the other side of the country on a completly different border.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2006, 03:45:10 PM »
Originally posted by PonyDriver

First link in said google search is this:

Colombia fears that the I.R.A. and ETA may be using the country as a base for weapons testing and training

I too am failing to see any connection

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2006, 06:46:21 PM »
Originally posted by soda72
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/5233518.stm

rut roh raggy

Well hopfully more actual boots on the gound means less "accidents"

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2006, 06:51:58 PM »

That will be the only way to stop the rocket attacks...  Air force does not seem capable to react fast enough to stop them...

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2006, 07:08:53 PM »
Originally posted by PonyDriver
Take a wild guess.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2006, 07:17:59 PM »
That will be the only way to stop the rocket attacks...  Air force does not seem capable to react fast enough to stop them...

That and the colateral damage of fighting such a dispicable enemy is heavy loss of civilian life.  I think paired against an overwhelming ground force the world will see what cowards hezbollah really is.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2006, 07:45:28 PM »
Some points, or info, well AFAIK.
1. The Soldiers did get snapped within Israel Borders.
2. Before the Israelis started "countermeasure", the Hisbollah had in reasonably short time, lobbed some 1.200 missiles at Israel populated areas from within Lebanes area.
3. The Lebanese "army" has thereby not been particularly effective in stopping that.
4. As pointed out, the Hizbollah are a certified political movement within the Lebanese government/system.
5. The Israelis have been blamed for torture, "in-the-darkness arrest" and assasinations. I have little doubt they are guilty for all in some measure. When it gets to the "company" or "instituton" jobs, all things happen.
(Hehe, how Did Eichmann get on trial???).
They haven't at least used the method of headless corpses and execution videos....or ???
6. There is no way that an armed and trained enemy, hiding behind population (Women, children, establishments) can be hit without the lives of other people being endangered. This is the very life of organizations such as those lobbing the rockets.

And then a question for Straffo. How would you feel about it if a Neo-Nazi organization, not admitting the French property of Elsass and Lotringen, had lobbed 1000+ rockets at Strasbourg from German territory, while the German army stood idly by.

Sigh...the only things we learn from history is that we don't learn from history......
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2006, 07:55:27 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/5233518.stm

rut roh raggy

That really doesnt say how much they are going to expand with the ground offensive. Considering Israel is calling up more reserves I would guess this is going to be a pretty major deal.

As far as world opinion goes, this will only make it worse for Israel.

I really didnt think they would do this. Just goes to show what I know. :D

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »

Doubtful. Hezbollah dresses like civilians, hides behind civilians, forces civilians to stay in combat zones......I'd say even more civilians are going to die. :(