Author Topic: Top ranked player, No Class  (Read 4600 times)

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
Re: Top ranked player, No Class
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2008, 05:09:16 PM »
It's very hard to fight an experienced P-38 driver at any altitude but your YMMV.  As for the L, there is no L model in the MW arena, just the G and the J.  For flying on the low side so we can fly the J all the time, I call BS on that one.  Since it's mostly SAPP members that fly the P-38 the majority of the time in the MW, we will switch sides to help balance out the numbers, not to fly any certain P-38 model, nor do all of us fly the J, there are quite a few G fans amongst us.  I know players in the MW accuse me of that all the time and all I can do is just laugh in their faces for being stupid.  The last player that accused me of it was promptly shot down right after he made his comment by a P-38G flown by me.

ack-ack

I stand corrected it is the J model. Your right again It is hard to win against a well flown 38, I have alot of trouble with them. However I do not agree with the fact that you guys choose sides to balance them out. Shuffler and yourself are rarely ever seen in anything other than a 38. I don't run into many other sapp guys but at least Twimboom flies alot of other types of aircraft besides a 38.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2008, 05:09:36 PM »
Hey Phil

Good to see ya back :aok

I know ur just venting.... but let it go man!
 Hardly worth the effort it took to type... :rofl

Hope to see you in the friendly skys soon. :salute

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2008, 05:10:33 PM »
Hardly something one would say if they switched solely to fly a certain perk ride to have an advantage.

The P-38J is perked in the MW?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2008, 05:25:05 PM »
Bigplay..... of course your talking about me in your previous post. If I am an amature at smack.... I must be a top amature. Your still raging and you were not the target of my statement. All I did was state that whenever I got killed by the other fella it seemed I was already engaged with one or two others. That happens.... no big deal. You chimed in with your attacks on everything from myself to the state I live in. Your more than welcome to do that.... at least here in the US you have freedom of speech. The other fella didn't take it as hard as you did. Remember he has the right to fly as he wants and I have the right to say/post how he is flying. Neither of you should get upset over a simple post. You can tell folks how I fly all you want..... I'm not embarrassed about it.

Oh and my spelling.... I'm usually flying and typing.... not to mention the margarita in hand.  :aok I only mentioned my secretaries because it seemed funny at the time.

I am not just referring to comments about me I could care less as stated in my last post. It's the disrespect to anyone who either doesn't fly the way you want them to or to people that kill you. I know that doesn't happen to often. But calling people pickers is calling the kettle black. The negative remarks to Von Holtz I found out of character as well. To me it's not coming through as a joke . By the way you did comment on how the A20 was an easy mode aircraft. It may take a fair amount of know how and experience to turn fight a 38 but the B&Z aspects of the 38 especially against the MW plane set is a definite advantage. You know that theres a spell check option in here. If your 6 grade teacher saw how you spell amateur  she would roll over in her chaps.

P.S. Margarita's  a women's drink  :lol

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2008, 05:25:47 PM »
LOL!  My squaddie?  I am very surprised he wasn't able to go after a flat turning Spitfire, he's just as good as me in the P-38J.  I guess we all have our bad days.

ack-ack

does he know you insult him like this on the BBS?   :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 05:25:50 PM »
The 38J is not perked in MW.

I fly the 38 because I love the plane. I will up a hog 1A if coming off a cv but only becaus you can't get a 38 at the CV. I find the hog much easier to fly though. I much rather fly a 38 down to the CV and rearm/refuel there while fighting an extended battle. The 38 presents  more of a challenge to fly well and so adds to the game for me.

Go fly a 38 for an hour or so then jump in anything else and you'll see what I mean. While not all the other planes are easy to fly... they will feel much more nimble after the 38. <S>

"oh and BP... lighten up... I'm still the same guy I always was" <S>  :D

Added>>> You obviously do not know what Von did awhile back... I thought it was out of character but oh well. All I said about Von that night was that I knew it was him..... by the one move he does.
As far as the A20 being "easy mode"...... never said that. What I said is that it turns well and pretty easy to fly. Still takes skill to fly well (cobia style). I actually upped one for base defense once. FH were down and so I had limited choices. Base was being hit hard but I got up. I was amazed at how well it handled for such a large aircraft. I ended up landing 8 kills in it. Pretty nice plane in a pinch i thought.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 05:33:47 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2008, 05:26:09 PM »
The P-38J is perked in the MW?

ack-ack

what.... maybe 6 perks big deal. Like you are worried about perkies.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2008, 05:34:05 PM »
However I do not agree with the fact that you guys choose sides to balance them out. Shuffler and yourself are rarely ever seen in anything other than a 38. I don't run into many other sapp guys but at least Twimboom flies alot of other types of aircraft besides a 38.

You can disagree all you want and it won't change the simple fact that I switch sides only to help even up the numbers and not so I can fly my particular plane of choice.  If I can't fly the P-38J, I will fly something else.  Look at my stats, I have sorties in Ju-87s, A-20s, B-25Hs and P-38G, the planes I will usually up if I can't fly my main ride or I just log off.

As for not flying something else, does it really matter that I don't?  I have stated many times why I fly the P-38J almost exclusively and the main point is that I have fun flying it and to me that's all that matters.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »

does he know you insult him like this on the BBS?   :D

I usually do it over vox but I haven't seen Crims on lately.

ack-ack

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »
heh, if you really want to insult him say he is as good as me in a 38.

Oh. We all know the real reason people switch sides. Nothing to do with some misplaced sense of fairplay, everything to do with having more targets.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2008, 05:38:16 PM »
what.... maybe 6 perks big deal. Like you are worried about perkies.

I'm not worried about perks, which is obvious since I just found out in this thread the P-38J is perked. 

ack-ack

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2008, 05:39:40 PM »
You can disagree all you want and it won't change the simple fact that I switch sides only to help even up the numbers and not so I can fly my particular plane of choice.  If I can't fly the P-38J, I will fly something else.  Look at my stats, I have sorties in Ju-87s, A-20s, B-25Hs and P-38G, the planes I will usually up if I can't fly my main ride or I just log off.

As for not flying something else, does it really matter that I don't?  I have stated many times why I fly the P-38J almost exclusively and the main point is that I have fun flying it and to me that's all that matters.

ack-ack

when do you fly these planes......... midnight to 3am cause I don't see you in any of those ever. And no I don't care what you fly, your $15

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »
heh, if you really want to insult him say he is as good as me in a 38.

He's my squaddie and I like to joke around with him but why would I want to say something as vicious as that to him?

Oh. We all know the real reason people switch sides. Nothing to do with some misplaced sense of fairplay, everything to do with having more targets.

That's one of the benefits of flying on the low number side, a wider range of targets to choose from not the main reason, at least for me anyway.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2008, 05:50:09 PM »
when do you fly these planes......... midnight to 3am cause I don't see you in any of those ever. And no I don't care what you fly, your $15

You're usually not one when I fly I guess.  I am usually in the MW arena in the evenings (PST) for a couple of hours.  If you don't care what I fly, then why did you bring it up in the first place?

ack-ack

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2008, 05:54:59 PM »
Rumor has it 999000 was not the p38 driver,,,,,,,,,...................
<S>999000