Author Topic: $58.00  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: $58.00
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »
Nice looking Charger you got there Stampf ..

Thanks brutha...

... my baby.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »
Despite the improvements in efficiency, demand has actually increased significantly in the past 30 years, so yes, we are using more now then we were 30 years ago. Demand is greater == higher price as supply has not kept up with demand.
(Image removed from quote.)
i love that stuff...more than 30 years ago gas prices tripled over night...an effect of deregulation to promote a more competitive market and keep consumer costs down...then we were told we needed to slow down to conserve fuel and save lives...then we were told there was a gas shortage and at the same time car manufacturers started marketing "fuel efficient" automobiles to save us money but they cost more to produce...then we were told there was no gas shortage, but there was a surplus and within 10 years new exploration technology would make us almost independent from foreign oil...we bought more expensive, more fuel efficient automobiles and slowed down to 55mph...

the entire time gasoline prices continued to increase from .68 cents a gallon national average to the current $3.70 per gallon...more oil is being produced daily than 30 years ago...yet somehow we are to believe that going from 8-10mpg to 12-38mpg we are using more oil than can be supplied...

ya right...the u.s. population has increased by estimated 102 million people since 1971...i wonder how many of those actually drive.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »
The knife cuts two ways gents.
Agreed, but one of the reasons I have my wife in such a big vech is because of the clueless, cell phone talkin,makeup doing soccer moms in their big SUVs.Living in suburbia, these types of vechs  is what we mostly see on the roads. I bet 75% of my kids friends moms drive them. Then theres  the newspaper reading, shaving men in there little wanna be 4dr sports sedans that always seem to be perpetually late for something, and dont care who they cut off, or race by to get where their going. God forbid my wife was in an accident, she would fare much better in her truck, than in a small car. SUV vs small car bad. SUV vs Her truck (not good) but at least she has a fighting chance.

Just curious, Id like to see the data on the PU roll over rate. With the weight of the truck, and the wide wheel base id bet its low.
 I believe the SUV rate is high, every time i drive my mother in laws Toyota Pathfinder, I feel like Fred Flintstone when he pulls up to the drive in and they put the giant rack of ribs on the platter. When i go around a corner in that thing, i feel like its gonna go over.

obliviot: Thats a great word Jager  :aok :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2011, 03:51:18 PM »
Thanks brutha...

... my baby.

I knew i liked you Stampf,lol  Must be your taste in cars

My baby

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2011, 03:56:27 PM »
ya right...the u.s. population has increased by estimated 102 million people since 1971...i wonder how many of those actually drive.

Actually, an entire generation of new drivers have emerged.... all the baby boomers children are now in their 20s and 30s, and driving and communing just like their parents, may of whom are still working, driving and communing. Furthermore, people are living ever farther away from where they work due to other reasons (like housing expense), thus increasing the number of miles people are driving than before....
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »
I knew i liked you Stampf,lol  Must be your taste in cars

My baby

Farking yeahoo!!

Nice bro!!!  '69 my fav, but I couldn't pass up the one owner '71 when it came to auction.  Gosh darn hot man! Love it!!

Mopar madness!!!  :rock

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »
Much more weight, new tranny, new electronics, new axle gearing. You have a long row to hoe.

Not at all.

This is a mechanically injected diesel that is the same engine family as the current turbo six gas engine.

It bolts right in and the overdrive trans. has a good ratio to keep rpms down on the highway.

I can do this swap in 2 days but need to scrounge a manual transmission......because I want the ability to start this car regardless of battery condition.......or whether it is there or not.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2011, 04:15:06 PM »
its 3.47 here  :neener: Just kidding bout the face
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
wow.i thought 48 from E was bad...guess thats why we let it get to half ful before we refill our cup  :rolleyes:
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2011, 05:16:35 PM »
that's what it cost me to fill my dakota today.  :bhead

that is all.

Mmm, so gas finally hit above 3.25 where you live?  :D  I was quite pleased to of filled the work truck ('01 F-150) this week for $80 (all twenty gallons), even though it's reimbursable.  Not looking forward to filling up my civic today or tomorrow though.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »
Try filling this beast up (my '71 Charger) with super, then add on top of that, Lead substitute and octane boost...

It's all relative... Play...you pay.

You need to fix your washing machine..... soap all over the lawn. :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2011, 05:26:31 PM »
Actually, safety in a pickup is misleading.  By NTHSA records, you're 4 times more likely to be in a rollover accident in a truck/SUV than a passenger car or minivan.  Surely there's peace of mind, but that doesn't equate to being safer.  

On the other hand, in a pickup/SUV vs. passenger car accident, the car's passengers are 2 times as likely to suffer injuries than the passengers in the larger vehicle.  

All in all, with the safety systems in late model vehicles, it's a toss up.  If you can afford it and it makes you feel safer, so be it.  I also see idiots in SUV's and trucks that think they're invincible that pay no mind to people in cars and on motorcycles.  For instance, there's an obliviot (oblivious idiot) soccer mom type that barrels down my road every day in her suburban.  Most of the time you see her, she's got her cellphone plastered to her ear, doing 50 in a 35.  Is she safer than me in her urban assault Suburban?  Possibly.  Is she more of a danger to everyone else?  Yes.  

The knife cuts two ways gents.

You should drive down a road in a truck pulling a trailer loaded with cows.... you'll find that the folks in small cars are the ones that think they own the road.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2011, 05:30:43 PM »
I knew i liked you Stampf,lol  Must be your taste in cars

My baby

Very nice mbailey ! I had a black one just like that to out run me in my 72 firebird and I had a 455 in it at the time and he still blue my door's off .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2011, 05:36:13 PM »
Mmm, so gas finally hit above 3.25 where you live?  :D  I was quite pleased to of filled the work truck ('01 F-150) this week for $80 (all twenty gallons), even though it's reimbursable.  Not looking forward to filling up my civic today or tomorrow though.

was 3.339 yesterday....3.3379 now.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »
was 3.339 yesterday....3.3379 now.

3.379?  Bout right, been going up about a quarter a week since the latest and greatest mideast crisis.  I really never knew that Libya supplied about a third of the world's gas-producing oil  :rolleyes: .
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.