Author Topic: GV's overload  (Read 6902 times)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Re: GV's overload
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2013, 11:24:08 PM »
The biggest GV action is usually found in and around known spawn sights or spawns that are relatively close together, hundreds if not thousands of GV kills are registered at places like V85 every day yet bases where there is a large open space between spawns are mostly deserted and unless the town is within 4 K or less, it is likely not going to be attacked by ground forces!
Wirble's are also readily available at spawn camps when air craft come in to drop bombs due to the short distance to the fight
Breaking a spawn camp can be a lot of fun as well and unless your upping tigers or something perked a good bit, your not losing anything,,
GV's are also the easiest to remove from the game play by simply dropping one hanger at the corresponding air base  or at the most, 4 hangers at a V base,
Making the spawns larger might help   But I'd suggest something more like a secondary spawn site,2 or 3 k farther back and away from the primary to help expand the area to spawn in.
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2013, 11:28:18 PM »
Probably because being placed randomly out in the open, disoriented, to be killed by unseen enemies, over and over, is no fun.  Remember that to get to most GV fights you have to spawn at these places.  It would seem to be an improvement to AH game play if the spawn could occur, but in a manner that gives the GV a chance to orient itself and move to tactical cover before engaging, as it would in a real approach march.  I am going to compose yet another Wishlist suggestion on how to do this, but am too tired at the moment.    

MH

I would say shorten SirNuke's suggested time of 2 minutes to say. 10-15  seconds.  That way, m3's can't blast through with superman powers (as the #1 reason).  #2 being it isn't 'overpowered' yet still giving what we need. And I agree that if the spawner fires their guns (any gun) that they lose this invincibility.

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »
Funny how an anti-GV whine thread turns into a GVer's wish list.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2013, 11:44:48 PM »
I was quoting Pyro, not calling you a D!CK, but if the shoe fits..... :devil

Thanks for proving the point.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2013, 02:43:04 AM »
My  whine has come across you can do whatever you want with thread

If Aces High has to become Aces Low so be it, but that won't be with me.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:43:50 AM by SirNuke »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2013, 02:59:00 AM »
Me whine has come across you can do whatever you want with thread

-f Aces High has to become Aces Low so be it, but that won't be with me.

:airplane:

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2013, 05:49:09 AM »
My  whine has come across you can do whatever you want with thread

The Few just got less........ :rofl
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2013, 08:47:13 AM »
 It would seem to be an improvement to AH game play if the spawn could occur, but in a manner that gives the GV a chance to orient itself and move to tactical cover before engaging, as it would in a real approach march.    

MH

That would just make it more difficult to camp spawns and whack all of them upping over and over.

:devil
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2013, 03:15:11 PM »
It's called denying you access to the base you want to take  :devil

I dont always spawn camp......but then I do I kill the M3's first  :bolt:

it's a totally unfair advantage. somebody spawns in, and is killed before they even have a chance to look around. Knowing where the vehicle is going to popup in advance has no realism at all.  A bigger spawn area would make for much more interesting battles, force defenders to form a defensive line to intercept incoming enemy. and with the addition of the storch... how much more of an advantage do you need ?  NOPE  imo, campers are just as lame as the alt monkey pickin ponies.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »
That would just make it more difficult to camp spawns and whack all of them upping over and over.

:devil

You're really on the ball today, RotBaron...

MH
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:53:13 PM by TDeacon »

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2013, 03:50:09 PM »
My  whine has come across you can do whatever you want with thread

As suggested previously, you seem to be way overreacting here if you are inclined to quit because of GVs.  Maybe I missed it, but did you ever coherently explain how GVs ruin your air game?  You know, plane versus plane, and/or base capture with aircraft.  I mean the only GVs that can affect planes are wirbles and such, and those are pretty easy to avoid.  Planes have 10 times the speed, and the ability to fly, for Christ's sake.  

MH
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:52:32 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2013, 04:03:58 PM »
As suggested previously, you seem to be way overreacting here if you are inclined to quit because of GVs.  Maybe I missed it, but did you ever coherently explain how GVs ruin your air game?  You know, plane versus plane, and/or base capture with aircraft. 

MH

Just because it happens to be one of my minor pet peeves, I'll answer that question.  On many occasions, what I've observed somewhat often while defending a base is the attackers come in, a decent defense is mounted, the attack gets repelled.  What had been a pretty decent fight in the air between the two bases peters out.  No planes come back, but suddenly there's a wave of GV's trying to take the base.

Now instead of repelling an air attack (fun for me) I am left with a ground attack to attempt to repel (not fun for me).  At this point I generally go looking for another fight.

Just irks me a bit.  Not enough to make me quit the game or grumble too loudly about it, but it does detract from my enjoyment.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »
If we have too much of anything, it's horders, and bishops.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »
Just because it happens to be one of my minor pet peeves, I'll answer that question.  On many occasions, what I've observed somewhat often while defending a base is the attackers come in, a decent defense is mounted, the attack gets repelled.  What had been a pretty decent fight in the air between the two bases peters out.  No planes come back, but suddenly there's a wave of GV's trying to take the base.

Now instead of repelling an air attack (fun for me) I am left with a ground attack to attempt to repel (not fun for me).  At this point I generally go looking for another fight.

Just irks me a bit.  Not enough to make me quit the game or grumble too loudly about it, but it does detract from my enjoyment.

Wiley.

^^^ This =1

And Tdeacon, don't take this personal, but this is a great game for fighting in planes, if you would spend more time doing that you would enjoy it more and you would improve which would probably help you to enjoy it more, adinfinitum.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2013, 06:08:17 PM »
As suggested previously, you seem to be way overreacting here if you are inclined to quit because of GVs.  Maybe I missed it, but did you ever coherently explain how GVs ruin your air game?  You know, plane versus plane, and/or base capture with aircraft.  I mean the only GVs that can affect planes are wirbles and such, and those are pretty easy to avoid.  Planes have 10 times the speed, and the ability to fly, for Christ's sake.  

MH

I guess you never main gunned a plane form a tank yet or go gunned down by a tank, I'm not talking about camping the runway either  :angel: