Author Topic: Gun Ownership Saves Lives!  (Read 2199 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Gun Ownership Saves Lives!
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2003, 10:38:01 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
ROFLMAO!!!

Just have a look at how your "Homeland Security" plans to keep you all "safe".  It takes your freedoms and ditches them convieniently whenever a perceived threat comes along.

Good luck with that.

"Homeland Security" what an ominous albeit vague sounding threat to freedom. Care to be a bit more specific?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2003, 11:49:08 AM »
I'm surprised you need me to point it out to you...but there is a new entire governmental department in the US dedicated to Homeland Security.

Threats and Protection.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2003, 12:19:34 PM »
Lazs I don't know how many times I have to repeat it but buying a handgun to protect my home would be the equivalent to me as dragging a rubber dingy behind my mercedes in case I'd happen to run it into a water filled sinkhole.

It's pointless for you to stick with the 15 minutes lazs. I doubt I'll ever need to test the response time in personal distress and even if I did, my home door is capable of holding the perp for 15 minutes, which is usually enough. Even if he did enter, he's not likely to be armed as every joe down here doesn't carry a gun.

I've read stories about tourists driving with rented cars on your highways and getting stoped at gunpoint by the police for a traffic violation. I've seen episodes of Cops and I have to say the police down there expect to see 10x violent crime compared to here.

Godzilla: In addition to the fact that you didn't read my post properly (the text in marks was a quote of lazs2) I can see how it might be hard to understand how someone can feel safe, relaxed and not threatened. It's just how things happen to be here and large parts of europe. When people have a social security network behind them, they don't have the need to be desperate. Despiration leads into desperate acts, riots, drug abuse and drug related crime.

The world is changing though. Many european countries are getting pested by illegal (or even legal) immigrants from russia, georgia, albania and the likes. The albanian problem is rampant in greece, where people resort in putting bars on their windows now. In italy and spain there's a constant stream of illegal immigrants from libya and other african countries. There are regions where 80% of the crime is already done by minorities from the eastern block. It's one of the challenges of our society to block the influx of bad material looking for a better life, often via crime. So far it's quite successful in my country, worse for some others.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 12:22:30 PM by Siaf__csf »

Offline Godzilla

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2003, 12:41:17 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
It's one of the challenges of our society to block the influx of bad material looking for a better life, often via crime. So far it's quite successful in my country, worse for some others.

I guess we just have to take your word for it?

If you would be honest and tell us the country, we could have an open discussion with all sides being able to fairly look at  facts. As it is, you sit behind a veil and act like it's fair and normal to do so.

Kind of makes arguing with you pointless.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2003, 12:53:04 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
I'm surprised you need me to point it out to you...but there is a new entire governmental department in the US dedicated to Homeland Security.

Threats and Protection.

I do in fact know what Homeland Security is. Please tell me why you think it is a threat to "freedom". That is what you said isn't it?

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2003, 01:11:38 PM »
AKIron if I understood correctly, several basic rights of the U.S. citizen were overrun when the new anti-terrorist actions took place. If I recall right, there was talk about total loss of privacy in electronic media - the government basically reserved the right to eavesdrop anyone at will. There were many other issues too, raised after the 911 but I can't recall them as they don't affect me.

Godzilla yes, you just have to take my word for it. Is it really so hard to grasp that there might be still places on this planet where you don't have to keep a shotgun next to you to stop crackeads breaking in? :)

There are many, many places where people still don't bother to lock their doors for the night.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 01:15:02 PM by Siaf__csf »

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2003, 01:20:32 PM »
There are many, many places where people still don't bother to lock their doors for the night.

Only because the buggers would steal the locks as well.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2003, 01:28:26 PM »
Rofl swoop

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2003, 01:42:28 PM »
Well I don't understand why all those who don't live in the Us should give a rats Arse.

But I do live in America and If you break into my house you DIE
that simple nothing more nothing less.

Thank God I live in a country that allows me to protect myself and my family

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Offline Godzilla

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2003, 01:44:04 PM »
Godzilla yes, you just have to take my word for it. Is it really so hard to grasp that there might be still places on this planet where you don't have to keep a shotgun next to you to stop crackeads breaking in? :)

All I said was that it is pointless to argue with you when you compair your mystery country with ours. You sit and take shots at us, pointing out our laws and no one can counter by pointing out anything about your country.

Makes me think of you as a coward afraid to have a real debate.

There are lots of places where the citizens are "safe" and dont worry about crackheads breaking in: China, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. They might have other things to worry about though.

I have never known anyone that has had a house broken into, let alone while they were in it. The worst that has ever happened to me was that I had a bike stolen from my backyard while I was having a big party. Yeah, It's real scary over here.

You have higher crime rates in Europe than we do in the US. You have higher murder rates too. Some of the most dangerous places to live are in Europe. I'll just assume you want to be seen as one big country like you said ( like US states). From now on, I will consider all of Europe as your home and base my arguments on that.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2003, 02:54:26 PM »
AKIron if I understood correctly, several basic rights of the U.S. citizen were overrun when the new anti-terrorist actions took place. If I recall right, there was talk about total loss of privacy in electronic media - the government basically reserved the right to eavesdrop anyone at will. There were many other issues too, raised after the 911 but I can't recall them as they don't affect me.

Only because you listen to and believe those determined to instill fear to further their political goals. There is a lot of TALK about the government invading private citizens privacy. The Patriot Act really didn't change that right to privacy. Now, if you're talking about protecting the rights on non-citizen would-be terrorists, then I must say they deserve no rights or privleges in my country and if you don't like that then it'sjust too bad for you.

There are lots of places in the US where folks don't lock their doors at night too.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2003, 03:02:03 PM »
AKIron I believe that. Are you saying still that you agree with lazs on the subject? It's best to pump the nation full of unregistered firearms?

The whole idea of having to resort to guns as a protection is familiar to me only from 'death wish 1, 2 and 3' movies. :)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2003, 03:12:09 PM »
AKIron I believe that. Are you saying still that you agree with lazs on the subject? It's best to pump the nation full of unregistered firearms?

The whole idea of having to resort to guns as a protection is familiar to me only from 'death wish 1, 2 and 3' movies. :)

I believe in the US Constitution including the 2nd Amendment, even swore and oath to defend it.

I have no problem with registering firearms. There are criminals that should be denied the right to possess them. I'm also not afraid that our government might at some time decide to use said registration to take them away from law abiding citizens. It's not that I don't believe the government will never abuse it's authority and try to do so, it's that I believe it would be unsuccessful.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2003, 03:37:54 PM »
Excellent! Then we're actually on the same side.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2003, 03:42:27 PM »
Excellent! Then we're actually on the same side.

So long as we're talking only registering and not permission for non-felons then maybe we are. Only when it comes to handguns though. I see no need to register rifles or shotguns.