Author Topic: WTG Israel  (Read 13109 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2004, 04:30:31 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen10
Im sorry but you can't allow for more and more collateral damage just to get results and still pretend to be the good guy that everyone should respect and help.

Well you just hit upon the reason why I wonder when anybody comes to the defense of terrorist when ever Isreal kills another one.  Like that time last week when Isreal blew up that bus ;)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2004, 04:46:12 PM »
I have never taken the side of the terrorist, i have pointed out the danger of claiming moral superiority one day while you kill civilians the next and indirectly saying "oops" and calling it unfortionate.

If you wanna win the war on terror you have to win the hearts and minds of potential future terrorist. You dont do that by stepping on the same moral values that you try to pass on to others.

You have to be alot cleaner than the once you try to wash :)  (lol, just made that one up myself but i think it fits :D )

Offline Connection

• Copper Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I believe that every country ought to have a copy of "the big book of terrorists" ...  the book would be filled with pictures and the pictures would get a big red X through em as these guys were eliminated.   The book would also have pictures of the people who funded the terrorists.... As their pictures were crossed out it would become far less attractive for little rich boys to play bad boy.

lazs

A lot of US politicians - right wing mostly - would be in that list...

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2004, 05:10:44 PM »
Strange the fuss over Yassin, who deserved what he got. (Wether it will have a beneficial effect is another matter)

This from Ha'aretz yesterday:

Fatma Al-Jalad, 8, was playing in her backyard in Khan Yunis Friday, a few hundred meters from IDF positions surrounding the nearby Ganei Tal settlement, her father said. Suddenly fire opened from an IDF watch tower, hitting Fatma in the chest. She died yesterday morning in Khan Yunis Hospital. IDF sources said "the troops fired only warning shots at that time."
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/406802.html

Current "score" of children below the age of 12 is 36 Israeli children killed by Palestinians, 78 Palestinian children killed by Israel.

As to military force "working", deaths from Palestinian terrorism within Israel per quarter:

last quarter (the intifada began at the end of September)

1st quarter 14
2nd quarter 28
3rd quarter 19
4th quarter 41

1st quarter 91
2nd quarter 81
3rd quarter 20
4th quarter 38

1st quarter 34
2nd quarter 23
3rd quarter 38
4th quarter 25

1st quarter 32

The last quarter saw more Israelis killed in Israel by terrorist attacks than any quarter in the first year of the Intifada. The average for every quarter of the Intifada is 35, the current quarter, which isn't over yet, has seen 32 deaths.

Doesn't really seem to have worked, does it?

Offline maslo

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2004, 05:22:08 PM »
thanks for numbers Nashwan but some people cant count, when it prove that they speak BS.....

may be its not their ego, may be its poor edu system

who knows

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2004, 05:24:28 PM »
So, you support ethnic cleansing Steve?

If you mean killing every militant Palistinian... YES.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline maslo

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2004, 05:27:44 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
If you mean killing every militant Palistinian... YES.

so you have nothing agains theory that they should kill everyone who does support  Israeli army, include tax payers from country, whitch support them ....

ok then that makes sense

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2004, 05:47:04 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Im with Isreal on this one.

Holy ****e.... Pongo and I agree on something....

THE APOCOLYPSE IS NEAR!!!!!

:D
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2004, 06:00:23 PM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 06:03:57 PM by weaselsan »

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2004, 06:09:03 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen10
I have never taken the side of the terrorist, i have pointed out the danger of claiming moral superiority one day while you kill civilians the next and indirectly saying "oops" and calling it unfortionate.

If you wanna win the war on terror you have to win the hearts and minds of potential future terrorist. You dont do that by stepping on the same moral values that you try to pass on to others.

Great Idea....make a terrorist happy...go kill yourself.

Offline TheMadOne

• Zinc Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2004, 06:15:43 PM »
One less Terrorist in the world is a good thing.

And why are people trying to defend terrorists?  Are they so involved in their AH wars that they have no clue what's going on in the real world?

Offline TheMadOne

• Zinc Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2004, 06:28:03 PM »
Whoever said to win the war on terror you have to win their heearts and minds.

The US tried that in Vietnam, it didn't work to well.
The USSR tried that in Afghanistan, that didn't work too well either.

Can you give me an example of that actually working int he past?

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2004, 06:28:57 PM »
I'll bet Sheikh Ahmed Yassin knows the TRUTH about God now.  Wonder what he would say IF he could come back.  

He was acclaimed as the spiritual leader of Hamaas, and yet encouraged his followers to disobey one of the Koran's strictest commandments...not to kill women, children, or innocents.

Good riddance to a murderous thug.  A shame this will not bring Israel any real security.  Their teachers are armed to repel terrorist attacks.  Frightening.

Shuckins/Leggern

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2004, 07:13:12 PM »
Wasn't this guy the Hamas leader that declared there would be no peace until he destroyed Israel?

He doesn't want to negotiate, so the Israeli's took him out of the picture. Simple really. Might even be a bonus for the 'peace process' once the ragheads calm down.

Offline CavPuke

• Copper Member
WTG Israel
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2004, 07:17:36 PM »
Originally posted by TheMadOne
Whoever said to win the war on terror you have to win their heearts and minds.

The US tried that in Vietnam, it didn't work to well.
The USSR tried that in Afghanistan, that didn't work too well either.

Can you give me an example of that actually working int he past?

TheMadOne you need to actually read some history bud.  The U.S. in Vietnam moved whole villages etc off of their ancestral lands into basically a crowded refugee encampment, limited access to their fields etc.  We attempted to impose a corrupt political regime on them and at the same time set up free fire zones through out much of the rural countryside.  How anyone can call this "winning their hearts and minds" is beyond me.  Now mind you I have no problem with our intentions , but as the saying goes "The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions".  Read "A Bright Shining Lie" to gain some insight as to where we failed.  As far as the Soviets experience in Afghanistan I haven't read any real studies or accounts of what their policies were.  But to say the least I find it quite hard to swallow any true attempts were made to pacify the population outside of the use of sheer massive military force.