Author Topic: Unacceptable behavior-Not intended to be a gripe post.  (Read 3241 times)

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Unacceptable behavior-Not intended to be a gripe post.
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2006, 01:46:34 PM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel
SuperDud, Pluck, it has been my personal experience that if a person is a jerk in the game, 99% of the time they are a jerk in real life as well.  People don't change their attitudes and manners just because they play a game.  They just figure nobody will know who they really are.  And before you say it, yes there are a very few that act like idiots on the computer but don't act like that in real life.  But as a general rule, it is the other way around.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then. 99% of the guys I know "goof around" on the computer, will act like jerks and act immature. But when they turn off their computer, they are well mannered and polite. Basically they act like you'd expect any adult to. I think you take all this too seriously. It's a game, like chutes and ladders only we play on a computer and fly pixels. But hey, your intitled to your own opinion.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline parin

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2006, 02:01:27 PM »
Bail .ef
Wgr 21 works great!

Quick Jam from SkyRock...

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2006, 02:07:57 PM »
Anything in the sky that can be shot at, will be shot at.

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2006, 02:27:11 PM »
if you have enough time to make a guns pass on a chute you need to find better fights.
Hornet

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2006, 02:48:28 PM »
anytime i see a chute ill make a pass at it.
i dont go out of my way for it but ill kill em if i can :t

On those rare occasions its somebody I in my infinate wisdom decide needs a lil extra ...lead then ill make a lil extra effort

mainly its for the fun of it and the ocasional whines i get :rofl
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Re: Unacceptable behavior-Not intended to be a gripe post.
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2006, 05:10:54 PM »
Originally posted by Obie303
I still plan on spending my $14.95 a month.  
to all the honorable players!

Obie

Think ya pinned it down in your own statement. Chute killing has been a whine for many years in AH.

Personally, i kill sheep, chutes, vultch, and anything that moves.

Dog out.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2006, 06:47:11 PM »
I'll shoot chutes when I'm bored.   I'll shoot chutes that are giving 6 calls, and you know when they are.   To in all honest, if you get pissed off over a chute killing, you need to seriously reevaluate your life, because something is missing upstairs.   Now, I'll shoot chutes and imagine that cartoon pilots human form, spewing insults and derogatory words at 100db into a monitor.  

:cry
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »
When people in the MA start acting like losing thier ride is a bad thing.. I'll stop shooting every chute I can.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2006, 07:18:45 PM »
I always kill the chutes unless I am flying in a scenario... there is no reason to bail out other than to maintain score/perks in the MA.

Sometimes, I'll make an exception if I had a really nice 1v1 fight with someone and they earned some respect.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: Unacceptable behavior-Not intended to be a gripe post.
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2006, 07:55:27 PM »
Originally posted by Obie303
Hello everyone, I wasn't going to post this topic but in light of the subjects that have been brought up by others, I felt that I should.  NCLawman and Guppy35 had made very good points and people responded in a positive way.  This I think is a little more serious though.

First of all, I'm an average pilot at best.  I try and learn how to ACM and never have I ran from a fight.  I like to consider most of the other people I've met are very honorable and have integrity when it comes to gameplay in the MA.  I know that this is just a game and everyone wants to have fun and anything goes in the MA.  Vulching and HOing is frowned upon but it happens.  Sportmanship and fair play is expected from everyone.

The other day in the MA, I was pretty much getting my butt handed to me in the usual way.  On one sortie, I was shot down and managed to bail.  Next thing I knew, I was straffed while I was in my chute.  I was a little ticked and I just let it slide without saying anything.  I figured it could have been by accident.  The next sortie, it happened again.  This time, as I was dangling like a worm under my chute, I saw the (colorful metaphores inserted here) jerk deliberately back around and kill me.  

Needless to say, I was pretty upset (I was *&^%#@ pissed.)  I just logged off and grabbed a beer.  I know who that player was and I thought I would just embarrass them here.  I'm not going to do that.  I have integrity.  

I would like to know one thing though....for players who get their jollies off killing pilots after they've bailed.  Does it make you feel more like a better pilot?  I mean really, if you already shot the plane down, you get the score of the kill.  You enjoy shooting a pilot with cannons and guns blazing?  What a sport!

Sorry everyone, I dont want this to get out of hand.  I'm just afraid that behavior like this could become an epidemic if it's not addressed  I dont want this to be another post to complain about everything that goes on in the MA.  I still plan on spending my $14.95 a month.  I'm not going to let some dink who has no idea of sportsmanship get under my skin.

to all the honorable players!

Obie

If you bail over a town we're after I'll shoot you in your chute you troop killer u.

You bail over my field  I'll shot your chute you spotter u.

You even as much as 1/2 stick stire anywhere in AH I'll shoot your chute you skilless TOSSER!

Other than that I'll let you land but keep in mind the DOT command .ef  This is bailed then end flight.... no chute required.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 07:59:49 PM by LYNX »

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2006, 08:18:58 PM »
I usually just bail and then go straight to tower?  Who actually bothers to ride their shoot all the way down? :huh

If I see someone in a chute, I'll kill them.  It's my way of helping them get back into the action quicker.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2006, 08:28:01 PM »
Originally posted by pluck
yes! did i call it in the other thread or what.

hey, he is an armed combatant.  i always figured that i was doing them a favor by blasting them.  now if find out it's murder, man am i screwed.

if you want my real opinion, the fight is over anyhow so what does it matter.  it's not a real chute, and in my opinion has nothing to do sportmanship.  most people choose to go down with there planes, because it's faster, and you don't really die.  I find the ones bailing the most are usually people very concerned about their score, so they deserve to get their chute shot:aok

no one really dies,  it's certainly not worth getting upset causing you to drink.  if you don't want your chute shot, its simple, don't bail.

going down with plane is not faster, just bail and tower out before you even open the chute is the fastest way to get back.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2006, 08:40:06 PM »
The most satisfying kills are always the ones that get a ch200 whine.

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2006, 09:55:13 PM »
Patient: Dok., It hurts when I bail
   Dok :  Don't bail, dweeb

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2006, 11:12:21 PM »
Welcome to Aces High II!!  You have now experienced part of what is not documented.  Revel in your new knowledge.

Regards,

Malta