Author Topic: NOE Hall of Shame  (Read 9436 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: NOE Hall of Shame
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2009, 10:58:21 AM »
Complete waste of BBS space this one  :rolleyes:  if you don't like NOEs get off your prettythanges and stop em  :O Now there's an idea 

Thank you for taking the time to PM me Gwjr2.  Your input is appreciated. :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2009, 11:40:31 AM »
you dont understand what we are talking about at all which isnt your fault because didnt do a good job on the OP, OVERKILL 30-40 planes hitting a base all at once NOE is undefendable...I would love to see a film of someone actually getting a mission's, of this size, goon by just taking off after the red dots started showing up on the map
Okay, I understand that, but I feel like a 30-40 man mission of any type would be undefendable and perhaps overkill...

I've been on several P-47 raids where we get to 20k or so, and still only 3 or 4 enemies up to defend their base.  Perhaps we need a better way of getting people to defend against raids.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2009, 11:44:49 AM »
Okay, I understand that, but I feel like a 30-40 man mission of any type would be undefendable and perhaps overkill...

I've been on several P-47 raids where we get to 20k or so, and still only 3 or 4 enemies up to defend their base.  Perhaps we need a better way of getting people to defend against raids.

Some require it to have fun. Otherwise they spend much more time in the tower.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2009, 05:14:24 PM »

After reading the thread where this was posted, it was HiTech's response to the "New Base Taking Method" that was evidently implemented some time back.  I don't get the reason for the quote in this thread. Read the quote I believe it's HT's opinion on NOE raids. I feel the same way they have a place as a quick small strike not an end all be all. I have yet to see where NOE missions rule a map.  Bronk are you saying the new method doesn't work? I'm saying , if horde noe becomes prevalant HT will again attempt one of his diabolical  fixes (chained base capture). If that fails he will do what he did the last time people were flying around in hordes avoiding each other... remove the big maps. What poison do you like better?

The funny thing to me is, lately, I haven't really seen very many NOE missions from any side, and when there are some they only last for a base or two until the other side rally's and a big fight ensues.  Isn't that what is suppose to happen? I have no problem with noe as i believe most do not. However I believe there becomes a balance issue when too many are involved with 1 noe mission, AKA horde NOE.

THE FOLLOWING IS MY OPINION ONLY  (Sorry I have to put it in bold and Caps.)

If this game was only about upping a fighter and getting into a furball, I would get bored very quickly and probably leave the game.  I like the diversity of the game where I can furball, GV, attack from a CV, and even bomb with bombers.  I like being in a mission occasionally.  Really don't care that much about the base taking, but the conversations on the way are hilarious.  Don't believe me get in a mission with Slammer some day, you will be in stitches all the way.
Glad you are getting your $15 worth. When my rig is back up and running I'll do all of the above except possibly the buff thing. I find it tedious. That is just my opinion though don't take offense.

The old die hard complain that the game is only about the air fight.  In the DA you only up and fight, there is no base taking, and no score, it's only about the fight, so where is the problem? You can do all the bombing,gving ,yada yada yada you like in the DA /TA also. I however wouldn't be so pompous as to tell anyone that's where they should have to go and do it.  
If you don't want to fly in the DA, and want to be in one of the MAs and still only want to up and air fight only, then I still don't see a problem.  I have never had a problem upping a plane and finding a fight.  I am on at all hours of the day and night, and finding a fight has yet to be a problem in the air.
Your going away from the issue. The issue is horde noe, not finding a fight. Again I bring up the balance issue. If you even get 3 or 4 defenders upping in to a mass NOE they have little chance of defending. Most people do not want to sit in the tower looking at the map waiting to defend. But it appears that is what a lot here appear to want the defenders to do. I ask you is that what you want to do?

You want your classic one on one, Really, where did I say this. Wait am I a classic dueler or a furballer make up your mind. it's not going to happen in the MA very often. Correct that's why when I was asked if I wish to join the Blue Knights I did. You will usually find them heading to the biggest red dar bar they can find. Don't think I'm going to find a 1 vs 1 there. It is fun when it does, but with this many players, they are going to be rare.  I find it interesting that many who complain about not getting into more one on one fights always fly with a wingman.  Hard to have a one on one with one or more friends hovering above waiting for their chance to pick.  Not that this is a bad thing, it's just the way it is. Again am I a furballer only or a duelist. :rolleyes:

People say the game is going down hill.  I totally disagree, the game is better than when I started and getting better all the time.  I have a blast playing this game.  I agree at times I get frustrated when I get picked or ganged, but I bet the guy I pick or gang later on feels the same way. I've been on a forced absence for quite a bit now. The game is the game. It has always had it share of 1337 sticks and lemmings with every thing in between.  

I guess what I find most amazing is how certain people take this game so seriously.  I can hardly remember my last fight, better yet one that happened several days ago.  I usually don't even know if I am fighting Rooks or Knights, I just see the red icons, and pay very little attention to the country icon. I see you take it serious enough to be chess piece loyal. Lemme know when you push past that barrier.

The bottom line is I see fewer NOEs now than when I started a couple of years ago.  I have yet to see any group NOE's rule a map except at the end, where the loosing side jump ship to the other MAs or change to get the few perks that are awarded.  The only good think about winning the war is hopefully the map will change.

:salute

Fred
1. You have to be on the winning side I believe for 24 hours so the side jumpers are getting squat.

I agree on the map thing though.
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »

Now that becomes the defenders problem period.  I don't think you will find anyone complaining about that style of raid.
See Rule #4

Offline Flayed

• Copper Member
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »
Now that becomes the defenders problem period.  I don't think you will find anyone complaining about that style of raid.

Ahh not so, I remember a while back there was some whining going on about just such a 20 or 30 man high alt jug raid...

In the end it does not matter, someone will always complain about anything that go's on in game.
Bringing peace to the MA's 1 explody thingy at a time! :)

Pork em Pork em all!!!
  And the best quote EVERRRRR!!!
"All I can say is wow,some people are really stuck on stupid."
HiTech

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2009, 05:59:13 PM »
I don't think you will find anyone complaining about that style of raid.

LYNX did.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2009, 06:15:15 PM »
  Ahh not so, I remember a while back there was some whining going on about just such a 20 or 30 man high alt jug raid...

In the end it does not matter, someone will always complain about anything that go's on in game.

I'm one that complains about 20-30 man missions. Lets look at it this way, how many hvy P47s does it take to flatten a town? 5, 6 and one more for the VH. Say the guys you fly with suck  :D  bring 3 more. 10 guys are more than enough to do the job. 20-30 could do 2 bases at the same time....which by the way would split the defenders between two bases making it easier for the attackers, but don't tell the hordlings  :rolleyes:

The point is steam rolling a base takes the fun away from the defenders.... most won't bother to show up against those odds....it also limits the fun the attackers can have....too many bombs not enough targets so you have a bunch of guys doing the MS FlightSim routine. If you want to fly with out bombing and shooting MS Flight sim doesn't have a monthly charge and you can fly the 757 too !

Avoiding combat by hiding in the horde whether at 200 feet or 20k isn't fun for anyone.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2009, 06:22:17 PM »
I'm one that complains about 20-30 man missions. Lets look at it this way, how many hvy P47s does it take to flatten a town? 5, 6 and one more for the VH. Say the guys you fly with suck  :D  bring 3 more. 10 guys are more than enough to do the job. 20-30 could do 2 bases at the same time....which by the way would split the defenders between two bases making it easier for the attackers, but don't tell the hordlings  :rolleyes:

The point is steam rolling a base takes the fun away from the defenders.... most won't bother to show up against those odds....it also limits the fun the attackers can have....too many bombs not enough targets so you have a bunch of guys doing the MS FlightSim routine. If you want to fly with out bombing and shooting MS Flight sim doesn't have a monthly charge and you can fly the 757 too !

Avoiding combat by hiding in the horde whether at 200 feet or 20k isn't fun for anyone.

:rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MrMeaty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2009, 06:22:27 PM »

We've got a winner... :aok

MrMeaty
fear the flying black pig

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »
3 posters in a row that agree on something, wow :lol

Offline MrMeaty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2009, 06:28:20 PM »
3 posters in a row that agree on something, wow :lol

MrMeaty

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2009, 06:30:26 PM »
Read the quote I believe it's HT's opinion on NOE raids. I feel the same way they have a place as a quick small strike not an end all be all.  I'm saying , if horde noe becomes prevalant HT will again attempt one of his diabolical  fixes (chained base capture). If that fails he will do what he did the last time people were flying around in hordes avoiding each other... remove the big maps. What poison do you like better?

I have yet to see where any number of NOE's have even come close to an end it all.  Like I said, after a couple the other side usually mobilizes and the fight is usually on.  I guess the fix back in 2006 worked, since I haven't seen any changes concerning NOEs.  I don't think either map is poison, I like both the large and small maps.  I just like some better than others.  As for the chained map, sounds like it could be fun.

I have no problem with noe as i believe most do not. However I believe there becomes a balance issue when too many are involved with 1 noe mission, AKA horde NOE.

Now who is telling who how to play the game.  Limit the numbers in a mission?  Sounds like you are trying to tell others how to play.

Glad you are getting your $15 worth. When my rig is back up and running I'll do all of the above except possibly the buff thing. I find it tedious. That is just my opinion though don't take offense.

No offense taken, its your $15.00, play the way you want.  By the way I live in TeXas and I believe I pay a bit over $16.00 for the pleasure of playing.   :D

The old die hard complain that the game is only about the air fight.  In the DA you only up and fight, there is no base taking, and no score, it's only about the fight, so where is the problem? You can do all the bombing,gving ,yada yada yada you like in the DA /TA also. I however wouldn't be so pompous as to tell anyone that's where they should have to go and do it.  

Now who is being pompous?  Where in this sentence did I tell someone how to play.  I just simply stated a fact.  One other thing I guess you missed the first sentence where I said this was my opinion.  Read what I write, not what you want me to write.

Your going away from the issue. The issue is horde noe, not finding a fight. Again I bring up the balance issue. If you even get 3 or 4 defenders upping in to a mass NOE they have little chance of defending. Most people do not want to sit in the tower looking at the map waiting to defend. But it appears that is what a lot here appear to want the defenders to do. I ask you is that what you want to do?

This was more than just about horde NOEs.  This was a complainant about all aspects of NOE's.  No one can even agree on what is a horde NOE is.  Everyone has a different amount.  When I am in tower I do take a minute to look around.  If I see something suspicious I will react.  You don't have to sit there for hours on end.  

Really, where did I say this. Wait am I a classic dueler or a furballer make up your mind.

Only the top part of my response "not in bold" was directed to you.  The rest is my "OPINION", and was not directed at anyone specifically.  Guess you missed the "opinion" sentence.  I don't know if you are a dueler or a furballer, and really don't care.

Correct that's why when I was asked if I wish to join the Blue Knights I did. You will usually find them heading to the biggest red dar bar they can find. Don't think I'm going to find a 1 vs 1 there.

Sounds like you like to fly in a pack or should I say horde.

Again am I a furballer only or a duelist. rolleyes

Again, don't know, and don't care.

I've been on a forced absence for quite a bit now. The game is the game. It has always had it share of 1337 sticks and lemmings with every thing in between.  

Sorry to hear that, but you sure seem to have some strong opinions concerning a game you haven't been involved in, by your own statement, for some time.  Been a lot of changes in the two years that I have been on.

I see you take it serious enough to be chess piece loyal. Lemme know when you push past that barrier.

NOW, who is telling whom how to play the game.  

I believe it is my decision as to whether I want to change sides or not.  I have stated a number of times that I could care less if one decides to jump from side to side for whatever reason they want to.  I personally like where I am, and maybe it's because I'm just to old and fat to move around much.  I have changed over a couple of times, and haven't seen any difference, so I really don't see the need to switch.  I don't see it as a barrier, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Fred

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline MrMeaty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2009, 06:32:13 PM »
Read the quote I believe it's HT's opinion on NOE raids. I feel the same way they have a place as a quick small strike not an end all be all.  I'm saying , if horde noe becomes prevalant HT will again attempt one of his diabolical  fixes (chained base capture). If that fails he will do what he did the last time people were flying around in hordes avoiding each other... remove the big maps. What poison do you like better?

I have yet to see where any number of NOE's have even come close to an end it all.  Like I said, after a couple the other side usually mobilizes and the fight is usually on.  I guess the fix back in 2006 worked, since I haven't seen any changes concerning NOEs.  I don't think either map is poison, I like both the large and small maps.  I just like some better than others.  As for the chained map, sounds like it could be fun.

I have no problem with noe as i believe most do not. However I believe there becomes a balance issue when too many are involved with 1 noe mission, AKA horde NOE.

Now who is telling who how to play the game.  Limit the numbers in a mission?  Sounds like you are trying to tell others how to play.

No offense taken, its your $15.00, play the way you want.  By the way I live in TeXas and I believe I pay a bit over $16.00 for the pleasure of playing.   :D

Now who is being pompous?  Where in this sentence did I tell someone how to play.  I just simply stated a fact.  One other thing I guess you missed the first sentence where I said this was my opinion.  Read what I write, not what you want me to write.

This was more than just about horde NOEs.  This was a complainant about all aspects of NOE's.  No one can even agree on what is a horde NOE is.  Everyone has a different amount.  When I am in tower I do take a minute to look around.  If I see something suspicious I will react.  You don't have to sit there for hours on end.  

Really, where did I say this. Wait am I a classic dueler or a furballer make up your mind.

Only the top part of my response "not in bold" was directed to you.  The rest is my "OPINION", and was not directed at anyone specifically.  Guess you missed the "opinion" sentence.  I don't know if you are a dueler or a furballer, and really don't care.

Correct that's why when I was asked if I wish to join the Blue Knights I did. You will usually find them heading to the biggest red dar bar they can find. Don't think I'm going to find a 1 vs 1 there.

I've been on a forced absence for quite a bit now. The game is the game. It has always had it share of 1337 sticks and lemmings with every thing in between.  

Sorry to hear that, but you sure seem to have some strong opinions concerning a game you haven't been involved in, by your own statement, for some time.  Been a lot of changes in the two years that I have been on.

I see you take it serious enough to be chess piece loyal. Lemme know when you push past that barrier.

I believe it is my decision as to whether I want to change sides or not.  I have stated a number of times that I could care less if one decides to jump from side to side for whatever reason they want to.  I personally like where I am, and maybe it's because I'm just to old and fat to move around much.  I have changed over a couple of times, and haven't seen any difference, so I really don't see the need to switch.  I don't see it as a barrier, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Fred

you should publish that

MrMeaty

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »

Fred

Quote button top right. Much easier