Author Topic: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?  (Read 4835 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: How many other people are haveing stall issues since new update?
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 06:55:25 AM »
Stall model is identical, whats different is your cues. You have no "seat of the pants" sensation so it all is via sounds. The change in sound pack is effecting you. Film it and look at the numbers and you'll see its all the same....it just sounds different so your "off"...
Is humble ever wrong? :) Im not having any stall problems in game, if anything Im not flying as hard as I normally do.

TnDep,
Acouple of the guys were right, you didnt even give a plane it was happening in. Look back at some older films then see if you can do similar moves in the new update and post them.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 07:00:07 AM »
I didn't notice any differences.

Ditto.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 07:01:03 AM »
How many of you having the stall problems use CH sticks?

I use a CH Fighterstick.   I have ZERO problems.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 07:11:47 AM »
It was happening in the entire plane set.  Could it be the sound, yes it could.  I can't hear bullets hitting my plane, stall horn, flaps - I can hear my engine and wind and external planes d800. 

I flew before with my engine at 0 and stall horn ect around 25 so hearing your planes edge could be the difference here but I stalled so many times last night I logged off. 

I stalled in ki-84, 109k4, f4u1a for myself many times in each plane
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 07:47:28 AM »
Look TnDep, you have absolutely no data at all to form a hypothesis upon.  I'm talking scientific method here.  Every time we get an update that has no mention of flight model changes, folks come onto the boards and start screaming about how the [insert your favorite ride here] got some sort of ninja-stealth nerf from HTC.  Even if they did, you guys wouldn't even have the data from the previous flight model to make a comparison because you never do any testing.  What was the stall angle of attack of your favorite ride yesterday compared to today?  You don't know, so you've formed an opinion based on what?  Nothing.  Its really that simple.

HTC will tell you when they make a change.  The most substantial change since I've been playing was the changes to the way thrust was modeled after the WWI update.  That change got almost no chatter on the boards at all.  Ironic me thinks...

Regardless, you surely have the right to start these threads, just as much as I have the right to come in here and tell you guys that you're barking up the wrong tree.

Finally, if I'm wrong and Skuzzy or Pyro or Dale come in here and say that they had some sort of bug that changed the way the [insert complex aerodynamic control surface characteristic of your choice] was deflecting, I'll come back to this thread and apologize to all of you

I might not have no solid data or formulated a video synopsis I do however have 1000's of duels and flight hours underneath my belt which is considered experience data. 

Thanks for all the responses I believe it could be the sound where I can't hear the stall horn more then likely is. 
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 08:01:47 AM »
did not notice anything peculiar concerning stall characteristics, though Ive always thought that stall margins were very generous thus contributing to care free handling in most of the planes. (no data to back it up so dont flame me just a feeling)
btw new sound is excellent. Enjoy Doppler effect the most and i love to hear engines and guns as the other planes passing by or start to shoot at me
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:12:27 AM by PanosGR »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 08:48:44 AM »
I do however have 1000's of duels and flight hours underneath my belt
so what you are saying is you are not a complete noob?

:neener:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 08:53:24 AM »
Well I have not yet done any extensive testing, but it does seem to depart easier.

That is not to say its wrong, I always suspected low speed handling on most planes was too easy.

But I've had unexpected departures in planes as stable as TBM, and B25h that I really felt should not have departed. 

However HTC has always in the past notified via the readme for FM changes.

The only thing I can think of is something that they did not expect to change FM that perhaps might have.
Otherwise we'd of known about it.

Until its proven one way or the other all we can do for now is adjust.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 09:25:35 AM »
Stall model is identical, whats different is your cues. You have no "seat of the pants" sensation so it all is via sounds. The change in sound pack is effecting you. Film it and look at the numbers and you'll see its all the same....it just sounds different so your "off"...

Come to think of it ... that could very well be the problem. I was having problems hearing my stall indicator and couldn't hear my flaps at all.

Flying my precious FM2 and F6-F felt like I had a couple of 1000 pounders strapped on. I honestly had to check a couple of times after a fight to make sure that I didn't have any bombs on board.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »
As mentioned, I believe it's the sound affecting the flying.

I noticed it with my first couple of flights, then I adjusted the levels of several of the sound files and I was flying fine.  I had to adjust the airraid, explosions, ship guns, and a couple of other sounds because they were way too loud.

For my system, I also had to select discreet 8.1 in order to get rid of a slight lag between any stick or throttle button and the associated sound, as that really was throwing me off.

mir
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2010, 09:26:48 AM »
True it could be the sounds that I need to get use to.

The Few GFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010, 09:29:42 AM »
Enjoy Doppler effect the most and i love to hear engines and guns as the other planes passing by or start to shoot at me

This is what confuses me. If you were actually sitting in the cockpit of an F6-F with engine roaring at WEP could you actually hear the engine of a passing plane, as well as his guns, that loud and clear ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2010, 11:06:28 AM »
In my case, I have a G940 (Force Feedback). The patch changing the feedback from initiating during the HORN vice the Buffeting is what caused me to stall/snap roll easier with the release of the patch. I was so used to flying the plane by feel, and a simple change in the force feedback characteristics of the game has me all screwed up....

Could it be that you have a similar issue?
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2010, 11:08:57 AM »
CH Fighter Stick here ... no force-feedback.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2010, 11:27:54 AM »
Grab a plane you have good film on (one where you stalled a wingtip on purpose in a knife fight for example) and then grab the same plane and wring it out...you'll see the same departure points. Batty and I were dogfighting mossie vs A-20 in the TA a bit last night. 1st pass I busted the poor bird...sound ques were all wrong. In the following fights I was constantly stalling a wingtip while I resorted my "feel". After 10 min or so it was all back to normal...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson