Author Topic: The GV Game  (Read 3208 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: The GV Game
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2014, 10:54:26 AM »
Spawn camping is like  Vulching . Everyone does it.  The most fun is to take down the vh and deack the one end of the runway. I have got 10-15 kills by doing that

Spawn camping is for lazy players that just want to sit around trying rack up a bunch of kills without working for them.

Best fun I had in a gv battle I wasn't even in a gv. I was in the tower directing the 3 guys..... One on the field.  2 a ways off.....to the gvs that were rolling in trying to capture the base. They would try different routes or try to fight their way through. It was a lot of fun for a couple of hours and I never got a kill.

That's what a gv "battle" should be all about, not sitting there plinking some guy just spawning in who can do very little a out defending himself

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2014, 10:56:38 AM »
ahh gotcha well I hope I never run into you lol but if I do be gentle :salute I'll be in the non perk t34 with the upside down sight have the time, dang Wi-Fi..or if I'm feeling lucky the perked m4

LOL don't you remember a long time ago I helped you use the Film Viewer to track why you were not hitting tanks? Long time ago indeed :) I'm sure you got better by now far better then I could of been.
JG 52

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »
LOL don't you remember a long time ago I helped you use the Film Viewer to track why you were not hitting tanks? Long time ago indeed :) I'm sure you got better by now far better then I could of been.
LOL that was you? Thanks bud lol a along time ago indeed..
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »
Tried GV'ing again today.

4 guys sat on the only spawn blatting everyone that spawned within a second of their arrival.

I tried returning fire and hit one tank hidden hull down but didnt destroy it and got killed a second later by one of his 4 mates.

Tried driving off immediately, no good there either, dead immediately.

These guys are sat there with a stick in one hand and I can imagine what else in the other.

There is no vestige of skill involved whatsoever, the target is pre-ranged, the crosshairs pre-sighted precisely where the enemy tank appears and you simply squeeze the trigger. How utterly, desperately dull and boring it seems, and when there is a group such as today, all ranged on the spawn point you might get 4 rounds hitting almost simultaneously, and yet guys still spawn every few seconds to their imminent demise.

Well, I for one am done with GV'ing until random spawn points appear or the game becomes populated by people who seek a challenge that stretches them further than pulling a trigger as a result of a target appearing dead centre of their sights.

Someone said earlier that had I been a newby pilot I would have had the same reaction, I disagree, the finest GV driver in the game, if there is such a thing, could simply not have done more than I did to try and play the GV game today.

And yet the whines about bombt%%$ing continue.

Baffling :bhead
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »

4 guys sat on the only spawn blatting everyone that spawned within a second of their arrival.

I tried returning fire and hit one tank hidden hull down but didnt destroy it and got killed a second later by one of his 4 mates.

These guys are sat there with a stick in one hand and I can imagine what else in the other.

There is no vestige of skill involved whatsoever, the target is pre-ranged, the crosshairs pre-sighted precisely where the enemy tank appears and you simply squeeze the trigger. How utterly, desperately dull and boring it seems, and when there is a group such as today, all ranged on the spawn point you might get 4 rounds hitting almost simultaneously, and yet guys still spawn every few seconds to their imminent demise.

Well, I for one am done with GV'ing until random spawn points appear or the game becomes populated by people who seek a challenge that stretches them further than pulling a trigger as a result of a target appearing dead centre of their sights.

Someone said earlier that had I been a newby pilot I would have had the same reaction, I disagree, the finest GV driver in the game, if there is such a thing, could simply not have done more than I did to try and play the GV game today.

don't give up bud it still can be fun..the last map with v85 the nits owned 85 and we bish had 88 I upped 3 min after that map was given..it was camped died in 2 seconds after upping.5 min later they had 2 a20s there as well..there was only 3 of us upping for a few min.then only me so I upped a jeep and drove around watching all the rounds come at me lol I was trying to get them in a cross fire for kill shooting themselves.didn't work died 27 times in 10 min..Fun? Hell yes! Smart? Not so much. The only reason I stopped upping was the enemy planes kept killing me.I wasn't there for them..I was there for the enemy tanks to kill
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:18:50 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »
There is no vestige of skill involved whatsoever, the target is pre-ranged, the crosshairs pre-sighted precisely where the enemy tank appears and you simply squeeze the trigger.

This is only true for camping a VH
In the open, spawn points are randomized, the exact location where tank spawns is unknown. Only the general area is known.
For the record, spawn camping had been much easier when I started AH, with smaller spawning areas and a terrain more favorable to the camper. Guys landing 20,50 or even 100 kills in a spawn camp were much more frequent than today (I was among them). Back then, camping in a Tiger I with only Panzer IV or T-34/76 coming up was a much safer thing that it's today.

And while I'm at it... the best single battle I ever had in AH was a pure GV battle.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2014, 11:30:46 AM »

okay it's not for you, but must you disparage those who enjoy the instantaneous action that this (tad more complicated ww2 version of whack a mole) provides....  They rarely spawn directly in your sights...   Depending on the tank you need to aim for specific weak spots.  I may be an anomaly but I get more satisfaction from breaking a spawn camp (by spawning into it) than I do camping a spawn.   It can be done, and it is done..... Often....  It may cost you a few perks and more than a few deaths but the instantaneous action is a rush for many....  It's their 15.   :)

:salute Nishizawa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2014, 11:31:07 AM »
This is only true for camping a VH
In the open, spawn points are randomized, the exact location where tank spawns is unknown. Only the general area is known.

but aren't there actually only like 3 spots in that general area?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2014, 11:38:08 AM »
okay it's not for you, but must you disparage those who enjoy the instantaneous action that this (tad more complicated ww2 version of whack a mole) provides....  They rarely spawn directly in your sights...   Depending on the tank you need to aim for specific weak spots.  I may be an anomaly but I get more satisfaction from breaking a spawn camp (by spawning into it) than I do camping a spawn.   It can be done, and it is done..... Often....  It may cost you a few perks and more than a few deaths but the instantaneous action is a rush for many....  It's their 15.   :)

:salute Nishizawa

Actually I was being disparaging of those who simply spend their time doing precisely what I described above. I simply cannot see what it is that is accomplished other than the obvious i.e. name in lights :old:

I don't see it as wanting instant action, it appears more to be wanting instant gratification from a 'kill' with little or no effort or risk involved.

Anyway I'll stop whingeing, just simply don't understand or enjoy the way it works, not a problem, and judging what people have written about above this is how it works pretty much across the board.

Not to worry :salute
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2014, 11:42:07 AM »
All you need is uppers to up in numbers and don't mind dyeing for the cause and any spawn camp can be broken..we do it when we have enough of those types of players.
"scott66"        

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2014, 11:44:56 AM »
All you need is uppers to up in numbers and don't mind dyeing for the cause and any spawn camp can be broken..we do it when we have enough of those types of players.

campers deserve bombs and vulchers deserve ack
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »
campers deserve bombs and vulchers deserve ack

sometimes that's exactly what they/we get lol
"scott66"        

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »
I think GVing is a hoot.  I'll up dozens of times trying to break a spawn.  Eventually, you know where a few are and you can get a gun on them before  you get slaughtered.  If perseverance and a lot of smoke can't get it done, I'll drop some eggs.

I'll also return the favor and do some camping of my own. I fully expect a load of eggs to be headed my way. Then I up a wirble.

One my favorite things in AH is logging in and seeing Greebo's map up. Instant action, and plenty of choices whether you want to charge in, sneak around and ambush guys, or sit back and snipe the guys that are trying to snipe you at 3.7K
AMAX  in game

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2014, 12:14:06 PM »
but aren't there actually only like 3 spots in that general area?

Time for another session in Gastropod Proving Ground!  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2014, 12:27:45 PM »
I think GVing is a hoot.  I'll up dozens of times trying to break a spawn.  Eventually, you know where a few are and you can get a gun on them before  you get slaughtered.  If perseverance and a lot of smoke can't get it done, I'll drop some eggs.

I'll also return the favor and do some camping of my own. I fully expect a load of eggs to be headed my way. Then I up a wirble.

One my favorite things in AH is logging in and seeing Greebo's map up. Instant action, and plenty of choices whether you want to charge in, sneak around and ambush guys, or sit back and snipe the guys that are trying to snipe you at 3.7K
I couldn't snipe someone 3 feet from me
"scott66"