Author Topic: Collision model SUX  (Read 4737 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Collision model SUX
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2004, 08:09:05 AM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
Do you have an alternative in mind?

For my part, every collision death I suffer is preceded by "oh ****, I'm gonna hit him."  Sometimes the guy I hit flies away; sometimes he dies.  

In my mind, it is extremely fair for you to die if you see the collision.

Am I missing something here?

curly

What you are missing is that in a colision at 10K we both should die.  Westerday I was fighting a guy for 10 minutes.  Great fight.  We both ended up staling.  He was above me and went straight through my canopy.  I died, he flyew away with no visible damage.

Same senario a couple of days ago.  I staled and hit the guy I was fighting with.  He explodes, I fly away.  

You think this is fair?

PS. what is kill bomber?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Collision model SUX
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2004, 09:06:35 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
The best way to avoid killshooter is to be sure of your shot.  It's like HO's, it takes two.

Ack-Ack

Best and most accurate commentary Ive seen on this subject yet.
I've been here over two years now and I can count on 1 hand and have a finger or two left over the amount of times I've been the unintentional victim of a killshooter. Half od which were my own damn fault.
Couple good rules to avoid killshooter. if your behind a friendly plane on the six of an enemy plane. DONT SHOOT.
Also like Ack Ack said. be sure fo your shot and dont just shoot willy nilly cause your in range.
Use your SA skills. klnow whats around you both enemy and friendly.

I've seen scores of people suffer killshooters and almost without exeption they do it to themselves mostly out of greed.
then moan about killshooters.

Simple rule. Pay attention to what your doing and you wont suffer from killshooter nearly as often
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Collision model SUX
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2004, 09:12:30 AM »
Originally posted by Rino
Have to disagree here, if a friendly comes up under your nose
as you fire, the damage you receive happens so fast it definitely
does NOT take two.

Anyone claiming your SA should include aircraft coming from
your blind side is optomistic at best, after all friendlies are not
supposed to be considered threats, right?

But in real life they would be subject to friendly fire and just as in real life Accidents will happen. Thing is here friendly fire is suffered upon ones self
 But if you follow the guidlines I mentioned they will happen ALOT less.
I see people get killshooters all the time.
8 out of 10 times its their own fault
The whole point of the killshooter is to prevent some dorks from switching sides and intentionally shooting down aircraft from the side they are on. I lived with that nonsence in AW for a while.
I'll accept the killshooter over that any day.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 09:17:10 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline GODO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s/fw190.htm
Collision model SUX
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2004, 03:04:25 PM »
About collisions, cant both client FEs "agree" the collision? The other way (actual one) the surviving plane would see the enemy breaking in parts without any reason (he didnt see the collision, but the other did).

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Collision model SUX
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2004, 03:20:03 PM »
if both FEs see the collision, both take damage.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Collision model SUX
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2004, 06:57:58 PM »
best solution i've ever thought of would be:

if guns hot 1 FE detects collision, that FE dies
if guns cold no damage unless both FE's read collision

this solves most problesm i belive... and would stop people from being able to fly through bombers or somthing guns blazeing.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Collision model SUX
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2004, 07:11:13 PM »
Two FE's will never "agree" on a collision because no two FEs are seeing the same thing.  It is simply not possible given the current laws of physics.

All the *****ing you're seeing from stevie will pale in comparison to the first time someone collides with him and he is killed, despite the fact that the other plane was not even near him according to what he was seeing.

MiniD

Offline GODO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s/fw190.htm
Collision model SUX
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2004, 07:25:56 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Two FE's will never "agree" on a collision because no two FEs are seeing the same thing.  

That happens, else you would never see two planes crashing after a mutual collision, and that happens.

But, if not at the very same time, more than problably with a time window of 2 seconds. My FE signals yours about a collision, your FE will "forget" that signal if in two more seconds no collision is detected, else the mutual collision is "agreed" and damage is applied to both planes with a 2 secs "lag".

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Collision model SUX
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2004, 09:27:55 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
The best way to avoid killshooter is to be sure of your shot.  It's like HO's, it takes two.

Ack-Ack

so tell me this... you dive bomb someone

drop your bombs
then some idiot flys over the target
bang to tower

is that your fault? :confused:
is that his fault? :confused:
neither really...

i dont mind killshooters if its bullets... its bombshooter i dont like :(
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Collision model SUX
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2004, 09:45:03 PM »
Originally posted by OIO
Swoop: because you get yourself an even bigger problem: People shooting through friendly planes.

IMO,  a better solution would be to make the pilot BLACK OUT for like 5 seconds if he shoots a friendly plane with more than X bullets..where X is a number of bullets hitting a plane.. X can be like 50 or so, enough to not penalize an accidental killshoot (idiot cutting in front of you and your d200 target), but enough to penalize someone spraying blindly in a furball or purposely going after friendly planes.

like the idea, but what about this.

if someone hits a friendly. all his bullets turn into blanks for 5-20 seconds? or they stop firing?

Really i see no better method of the one currently in place, BUT its annoying that all the damage is x10, and put on the tail, im mean does 1x50c hit cause a plane to break up?:confused:
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Collision model SUX
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »
It seems odd how it applies the damage.  I have taken multiple Hispano KS hits several times without having any systems destroyed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Collision model SUX
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2004, 11:41:13 PM »
Originally posted by GODO
That happens, else you would never see two planes crashing after a mutual collision, and that happens
No, it doesn't happen.  I'll say this once again just to be very clear: "NO TWO FEs SEE THE SAME THING EVER."

If two planes collided, then each FE hit the other airplane.  This is most possible when both planes are going very slow and lag does not impact as much or when there is a head on collision and you've simply collided with each other's shadow at exactly the same time.

AT NO TIME DO TWO FEs SEE THE SAME THING.

MiniD

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Collision model SUX
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2004, 10:10:27 AM »
Love the 9 month gap between flakbaits post on 6-16-2003 and Steves post on 3-10-2004..lol..

Must be bored....lol

same with the "Night Sux" post of steves

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Collision model SUX
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2004, 12:56:58 PM »
No Waffle.. you are wrong.  Wrong.

Just wanted to being this up again as night hasn't gone away, and it still sux.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline MadMan

• Copper Member
Collision model SUX
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2004, 08:33:23 AM »
I'll hop up on my soapbox and deposit my $.02

I die from collisions alot...  I always clear the other guy, or atleast that's the way it looks on this screen in front of my eyes...  but then, as I watch him fly over/under depending on which way I turned... I hear the lovely sound of my plane falling apart and see Mr. Fly into me continue on his merry way with no damage from the collsion.  

As for Killshooter...  I don't want it disabled due to nOOb 200624 and his urge to shoot down firendlie cause he can't kill the enemy...  I just don't enjoy being popped back to the tower cause nOOb 200624 decides to fly between me and the enemy that is d250 that I am shooting at.  My other time I die from KS is when nOOb 200624 sees me diving in on the town to drop bombs/rockets and he decides to do a low level strafe right under my ordinance.

Alternatives:
Collision... either turn it off completely or make both planes crash, either one beats the crap outta one guy dying and the other flying away unharmed.

KS...  make it so the friendly plane takes the hits to prevent shooting through friendlies to kill enemies, but those bullets do no damage to anyone.