Author Topic: Question to Finns  (Read 25090 times)

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2005, 02:11:40 PM »
The communists loved the history. Especially when it was easy to distort it according to thier needs.

Every minute spent studying about past civilizations is a minute spent informing the youth of the great history of the nation and a minute away from pondering contemporary problems.

It's not a coincidence that they start showing old soviet propaganda films down there again Boroda.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2005, 02:13:12 PM »
Originally posted by genozaur
Toad, was John Lennon a criminal ?
But FBI had a file on him where you can find the lyrics of his song 'Imagine'.  :rolleyes:

Gena, rech' ne o tom. Na nas na samom dele nastuchali v fbr po povodu nashego proekta (ya tebe ssylki daval). Tam est' ssylka na glavnoy stranice na perepisku s albancami, ochen' pouchitel'no. A potom oni poslali klyauzu v fbr na nas, deskat' nanesli uscherb v 265 shtuk grina. Idioty.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2005, 02:14:27 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Hey Toad do you think I'd get arrested if I happened to land there one day? :p

First you have to do something.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Question to Finns
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2005, 02:15:07 PM »
Boroda is a sad victim of a 1943 propaganda campaign which aimed to put finland in a bad light in the eyes of the other allied countries. Russia did it's best to justify it's aggression on a country that was a fraction of its size.

Actually after the collapse of USSR Russia (Boris Jeltsin) flat out admitted that USSR had started The Winter War and that it was an essential reason why Continuation War started.

EDIT/forgot the source: SEMINAARIALUSTUS 20.09.2004 by Dr. Jukka Tarkka./EDIT

EDIT2/USSR claimed till the end that it was started by the finns./EDIT2
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 02:20:07 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2005, 02:17:45 PM »
The communists loved the history. Especially when it was easy to distort it according to thier needs.

Every minute spent studying about past civilizations is a minute spent informing the youth of the great history of the nation and a minute away from pondering contemporary problems.

It's not a coincidence that they start showing old soviet propaganda films down there again Boroda.

Hmm. Boasting your ignorance about ancient history is something new. :rofl  Tells a lot about an education you had.

BTW, what do you mean by "sovet propaganda films"? Did you see any? I saw some American propaganda films, like "Rambo-III" or "Mission to Moscow". :D

How many Soviet films did you see? How many Soviet books did you read? Eh?

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2005, 02:19:19 PM »
First you have to do something.

If you're referring to the address, hold your horses. I'm not going to run out from the office to do research for you.

I suspect that within a couple of days you'll get the addy. Patience.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Question to Finns
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2005, 02:21:12 PM »
Boroda I have to say You're one great example of misled Soviet Union citizens; It's same time comical but also bit frightening.

Oh well, keep on rockin'; it's quite entertaining to watch  :)

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2005, 02:23:47 PM »
How many Soviet films did you see? How many Soviet books did you read? Eh?

I've seen a couple old soviet films, which were not propaganda directly. They don't display that stuff here in the west you know. However I have seen a few documents that have touched the issue. Enough to realize what you've been subjected to.

Books.. russian yes, soviet - no interest whatsoever. It's very hard to find one to begin with.

But hey, you're like an open book. You verify all my suspicions to the maximum. I used to wonder what my estonian friend meant when he said 'a typical russian' but I'm getting a faint clue now. :cool:

And btw. in the Rambo issue we agree Boroda. During the cold war many movies were made with the same format. Just before Gulf1 there were a multitude of low budget movies which surprisingly enough featured commando strikes to middle east. :lol

So you don't have a monopoly on propaganda Boroda. But you TRY HARD. ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 02:27:37 PM by Siaf__csf »

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2005, 02:32:31 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Gena (i hope you'll not be offended for such an adressing), you know too many clever words. Definetly, you are an asian barbarian on his shaggy mount, unlike civilized consumers of coca-cola and chewing-gum!

Before using such complicated comparisons here you have to explain all ancient history to your opponents. :D

Boroda, you may call me anything you want including 'Tovarishch Starshiy Leitenant'. :)

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2005, 02:39:27 PM »
Staga have you been to russia often?

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2005, 02:46:31 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Gena, rech' ne o tom. Na nas na samom dele nastuchali v fbr po povodu nashego proekta (ya tebe ssylki daval). Tam est' ssylka na glavnoy stranice na perepisku s albancami, ochen' pouchitel'no. A potom oni poslali klyauzu v fbr na nas, deskat' nanesli uscherb v 265 shtuk grina. Idioty.

Boroda, v fbr 95% idiotov i oni veryat vsyakomu govnu, a albanci prosto gandony shtopaniye.

Translation : There are 95% of idiots in FBI and they believe to any accusations by the schitty-pants, and those other guys you were talking about are only the mended condoms.

:D

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Question to Finns
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2005, 02:52:36 PM »
Siaf; I know also Russians who are well aware of Soviet Union/Russian propaganda and how surrealistic (her description) and abnormal nation S-U was.

I'm trying to get a 12 month Visa; I should visit Chelyabinsk aka "Tankograd" and maybe Moscow this spring/ summer, possible Nizhniy Novgorod too if I have time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 02:57:55 PM by Staga »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2005, 02:52:42 PM »
I'm sure if you just clear up the misunderstanding with the FBI you'll be able to get a visa.

Make a post when you do... I'll send you my phone number. You can come over and I'll tell you tales of Capitalist Reconnaissance.

Did I ever mention the time I buzzed Red Square in an RC-135U?

No?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »
Boroda - if this is a troll WTG :aok

If it isn't ................. then people like you are a good reason for keeping NATO.

Russia is an economic disaster, is controlled in the major part by criminals,  has corruption as a national pastime, is letting it's nuclear fleet rot to the point of being a world environmental crisis, has an ex military president who is steadily removing any trace of democracy and who is now selling nuclear material to an extremist Islamic state just to name a few points.................. and you can only spend your time arguing the voracity of events that by all worldwide assessment are facts and pirating software to earn a living.

About says it all really .............

It must be a wonderful place.

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2005, 04:10:32 PM »
Originally posted by Sparks
Boroda - if this is a troll WTG :aok

If it isn't ................. then people like you are a good reason for keeping NATO.

Russia is an economic disaster, is controlled in the major part by criminals,  has corruption as a national pastime, is letting it's nuclear fleet rot to the point of being a world environmental crisis, has an ex military president who is steadily removing any trace of democracy and who is now selling nuclear material to an extremist Islamic state just to name a few points.................. and you can only spend your time arguing the voracity of events that by all worldwide assessment are facts and pirating software to earn a living.

About says it all really .............

It must be a wonderful place.

SPARK, forget about NATO, this half-dead body looks pretty only for the USA and the new president of the Ukraine.

Russia has shown steady economic stability in recent years , her new president is ex-KGB guy who has started to put billion-dollar criminals behind bars for tax evasion. Other problems of Russia are also being taken care of, including the ban for the foreign oil companies to participate in bids on Russian oil fields unless these foregn companies pay the taxes which they have not been paying up until now (over a decade of almost tax-free sucking of Russian oil was gooood   :rofl  ).

If you call these steps "removing any trace of democracy", shame on you.

Talking about Iranian nuclear plant as if it is a full-scale 'nuclear [weapons] program' is just another example of propaganda distortions.

And BTW, Iran is not an "extremist Islamic state", but it looks as if you want it to become one. It's a possibility if the guys like you try to attack this country instead of conducting tough but constructive negotiations on international nuclear security issues with the Iranian and Russian governments.