Author Topic: The terrorists are winning  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
The terrorists are winning
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2006, 04:23:18 PM »
nstead of simply accepting the mediocrity, we need to walk away from it. If everyone in this country, or a substantial number, would commit to simply walking away from it. It would force a change, eventually.

What if everyone just refused to vote? What happens then? Do incumbents just stay in office?

If any change is going to come, there has to be some sort of campaign reform as well. No money from foreign sources, dollar limits on corporate and private donations. Maybe (for Presidential and Congressional elections) a set amount given to each candidate from the Federal funds with donations being illegal?

For Congress, there needs to be some sort of accountability as well. If the rejects wont even be in Washington for votes, then they should be kicked to the curb.

We also need fiscal responsibility in the Federal budget, ie no more spending more than you take in.

The domestic problems facing our country are daunting, but can be overcome imo. We just need politicians that actually care about this country and the people who elect them.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2006, 04:30:52 PM »
Baby steps Elfie.  We have allowed this open wound to fester for a long time.  It could take an even longer time to close it up and heal it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2006, 04:40:09 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Baby steps Elfie.  We have allowed this open wound to fester for a long time.  It could take an even longer time to close it up and heal it.

in the meantime, the party hard liners would continue to vote and their reps would be in power. The dems would never walk away from their reps which leaves the conservatives to be the ones to force this change. As they are trying that, the dems stay in power and the country becomes a welfare state if it continues to exist at all...I'll take what we have over chaos, civil war & extinction any day.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2006, 04:40:49 PM »

Agreed.

So when are you gonna fire up that website? :D

Honestly, I never figured that little ol' me could ever make any difference in American politics. Maybe in some small way I can, just haven't figured out how yet. :)
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2006, 04:47:41 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
in the meantime, the party hard liners would continue to vote and their reps would be in power. The dems would never walk away from their reps which leaves the conservatives to be the ones to force this change. As they are trying that, the dems stay in power and the country becomes a welfare state if it continues to exist at all...I'll take what we have over chaos, civil war & extinction any day.
Change is never easy.  The only way to avoid what you are afraid of is to make a change.  Do you really beleive if we just mind our own business and allow the politicians o continue as they have been, we will be fine?

Personally, I am not happy with 'just getting by' and I am more than frustrated with the lack of leaders we have been forced to vote for lately.

You may find the status-quo acceptable, but I do not.

Elfie, I would first start with a poll to find out how many people in ths country want to help make a change.  I am afraid there are more Eaglers (no offense) out there than there are people who could actually commit to helping.

Anyone can make a difference.  You just have to accept you will and can do it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:51:24 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2006, 04:54:15 PM »
Skuzzy, how would you light the initial fire?
Advertizing of some kind?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2006, 04:56:29 PM »
Personally, I am not happy with 'just getting by' and I am more than frustrated with the lack of leaders we have been forced to vote for lately.

Ditto. :furious

Anyone can make a difference. You just have to accept you will and can do it.

Where does an *average Joe* like myself start?  :huh

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2006, 05:04:39 PM »
Originally posted by moot
Skuzzy, how would you light the initial fire?
Advertizing of some kind?
Definately have to advertise.  We have to hook the various news wires as well.  The biggest challenge is voter authentication.  A way to prevent one person from voting more than once.  I have some ideas on that.  This has to be shown effective so the the ideas can be taken seriously.

Elfie, you start by writting letters to your local politicians.  Get familiar with the entire democratic process.  You local library should be able to point you to the various publications covering your local government.

This has to begin at the local level.  It will be easier to accomplish and be more fruitfull than trying to make a national change.  A well designed building always start with the foundation.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2006, 05:06:40 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Where does an *average Joe* like myself start?  :huh

by voting republican until you get your "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" Network 1976 movement up & off the ground :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2006, 05:10:49 PM »
The biggest challenge is voter authentication. A way to prevent one person from voting more than once.

Cpu serial number maybe? Cookies arent viable since every time I restart my comp all cookies get wiped out. Or maybe a drivers liscence number.

Elfie, you start by writting letters to your local politicians. Get familiar with the entire democratic process. You local library should be able to point you to the various publications covering your local government.

This has to begin at the local level. It will be easier to accomplish and be more fruitfull than trying to make a national change. A well designed building always start with the foundation.

Thanks, I'll check into that very soon.

by voting republican until you get your "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" Network 1976 movement up & off the ground

While the Republican party IS better than the Demoncrats.....errr I mean Democrats, they arent THAT much better.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2006, 05:14:22 PM »
I think there needs to be an apetizer to catch people's attention. Something to make them realize why this is needed, why it'll work.  At best why it's foolproof, at worst why it's better than the present situation.
Such as a layman brief, where each point is further developped.. on the website for example, where people can see the points connected in a transparent manner, from beginning (now and them) to end (the final plan)?

There needs to be something provoking so that they definitely bite.  The initial encounter with the idea is the optimal chance for it to convince them.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 05:19:51 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2006, 06:23:10 PM »
Interesting speech by Ronald Reagan. Speech was delivered in October of 1964.

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/reaganatimeforchoosing.htm

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2006, 07:13:11 PM »
Ronald Reagan for President!! :aok   too bad thats not an option :(

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2006, 07:24:54 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
Ronald Reagan for President!! :aok   too bad thats not an option :(

It's not an option because he already served 2 terms as US president and more importantly, he is no longer with us. :(

But yeah, I agree....REAGEN FOR PRESIDENT! :D

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2006, 08:05:17 PM »

Basically, you get the press onboard.  Once they are onboard, you will be surprised how fast the politicians will follow.

Alas, 90% of the press are so liberal they make Funked1 look like a Reagan fan---and they believe they are doing good work in spreading their cause..not much there gonna change
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/