Author Topic: Winning TT Map  (Read 4651 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2007, 03:43:42 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2007, 04:13:25 PM »
^  yes, I think this might be the one time I agree with Masherbun on this post, this subject is a dead horse.  The two sides are at an impass, no one is going to change the others mind, so lets drop it.

The TT map and capture system is set at the 40/40/90 now.  It seems to me that the map can be won(maybe) w/o the center so its a moot point.

To that end I am planning on running missions on the periphery of the map for the captures and ...sigh...win?

It would be nice to know that those who have pledged to warn the enemy of my missions have no intention of doing so.

:noid

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2007, 04:16:56 PM »
I only use espionage with griefers!:D

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
Winning TT Map
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2007, 04:23:01 PM »
When worlds collide...

The recent change from 50% to 40% (thank you!) should help but I fear that this situation will continue to rear it's ugly head.  Last night the Bish were very close to a reset and a mission was launched to take one of the center VB's - not without quite a bit of "discussion".  Had one or two of the mainland bases near the Rook port been "capture-able", chances are they would have been chosen instead.  So even with the 40% reduction - once any side gets close to winning there will always be the temptation to hit those VB's, especially when it has been quite some time since the last reset (kinda like how the chubby gal at work starts to look pretty good after a dry spell... but I digress.)

I fully understand the tankers not wanting their fun taken away and I understand the desires of the "win the war" crowd too.  Isn't there a way to accommodate both?

A few changes (minor?) could perhaps help:
1.  Make only the "163" base uncapturable.  This would open up more of the mainland bases to attack and honestly I find it fun to fight over that terrain whether I'm on the offense or the defense.
2.  Return the capture % to 33.

Just my 2 cents.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2007, 04:32:15 PM »
Originally posted by RELIC
When worlds collide...

The recent change from 50% to 40% (thank you!) should help but I fear that this situation will continue to rear it's ugly head.  Last night the Bish were very close to a reset and a mission was launched to take one of the center VB's - not without quite a bit of "discussion".  Had one or two of the mainland bases near the Rook port been "capture-able", chances are they would have been chosen instead.  So even with the 40% reduction - once any side gets close to winning there will always be the temptation to hit those VB's, especially when it has been quite some time since the last reset (kinda like how the chubby gal at work starts to look pretty good after a dry spell... but I digress.)

I fully understand the tankers not wanting their fun taken away and I understand the desires of the "win the war" crowd too.  Isn't there a way to accommodate both?

A few changes (minor?) could perhaps help:
1.  Make only the "163" base uncapturable.  This would open up more of the mainland bases to attack and honestly I find it fun to fight over that terrain whether I'm on the offense or the defense.
2.  Return the capture % to 33.

Just my 2 cents.

Yea I still don't see how even under the 40% deal that you can capture the map with out taking TT. In fact the Bish did take both the Rook's V base and ther A base on TT yesterday and still did not win the map.

When I came on last night we had to recapture the Rook TT bases from them. Even today the Bish took one of the TT V bases on TT.
"strafing"

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »
Originally posted by SunKing
Aces High, a flight sim.

How things have changed.

Back in the day it was about the planes strat and plane vs plane performance.

These days its all about keeping free the GV TT quake game and spawn camping. Can I assume it's difficult for this crop of players to grasp ACM and that is why TT quake is the priority?

Just an opinion/observation.

It's only in the one arena!

Here's a scenario:

TWIT: Logging on, lets see, I wanna go where da most peeps are! Blue Arena, no, no,no. ORANGE ARENA!!!!

TWIT: Woot! I'm in. Crap, same map. Gee, look at all dem GV"Rs in center isle. Why dey always gotta be there? I'm blowing em all up and I"M CHANGING DE MAP! snark, snark, I'll bet they'll cry.

TWIT: I'll input my special mission, "Toolshedder Shredder", 400 b17's, 1 lala, 1 goon, we'll reset the map!

TWIT: Who's wit me??!!! Wheeeeee!!!!!!

TWIT:I love de arena with da most peeps, even if it's cuz all the stinky Gv'rs are in here. Why don't dey fly planes like me? Grrrrr, reset da map, Grrrrrr.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2007, 05:56:43 PM »
Dredger...whoever....

I do like TT on occasion....I dont like not being able to go to the only part of teh map where a Tank battle is sure to be and finding it all rooks. Or All Bish or all Knights.

No side needs it. Its not anything more than a griefers heaven. Like whats been said in post after post.

I have said on Country channel and I'll say it here....I see buffs headed to a V base in TT I'll let the countrues know.

If its a countrymens bombers...I'll do it in CAPS.

Leave the TT players alone. Go bomb and play Napolean other places on the map.

And quit worrying if some "Pileit resources" are being used in TT. Its a fun place to mindless furball and Tank a while.

People I see say..."Well Defend it" are spending time there to alot of times. But oh when they decide thier tired of TT and get back in to flying and only have a few bases left , well then it's everyone else thats to blame.

FT in Donut and TT on this map...should be left alone. they do NOTHING to "Winz Da Warz"
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2007, 07:00:06 PM »
Just for the record, if only one base is needed to reset the map, then by all means go and take one of the bases in TT!  Just don't come onhere and say they have to be taken first!  Let the Tanker dweebs have their way until the last minute!  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2007, 07:46:28 PM »
I think we should have a Tank island, a Fighter island, a bomber island and an Ground Attack island.  Then everyone will be happy. [INSERT sarcasm flag here]

Remember what the map was like without tank town?  None of the complaints I see here.  TT and FT divide the community and create these ugly BBS wars.  

FT and TT are fine in and of themselves, but do not belong in the MA

It is just asking for trouble as the two game styles do not mix.  Like oil and water.

This idea is nothing new, but notice how quiet things are since FT went away?  Is it really missed?  Do guys log on and say, "Darn, I sure wish FT was on this map!".  Some may but then you look for a good fight and play.
JG11

Vater

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2007, 08:00:34 PM »
what fun would the BBS be if it were sunshine and gumdrops all day long?

"Vive le diffranz" or something like that.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2007, 08:57:38 PM »
Originally posted by Virage
I think we should have a Tank island, a Fighter island, a bomber island and an Ground Attack island.  Then everyone will be happy. [INSERT sarcasm flag here]

Remember what the map was like without tank town?  None of the complaints I see here.  TT and FT divide the community and create these ugly BBS wars.  

FT and TT are fine in and of themselves, but do not belong in the MA

It is just asking for trouble as the two game styles do not mix.  Like oil and water.

This idea is nothing new, but notice how quiet things are since FT went away?  Is it really missed?  Do guys log on and say, "Darn, I sure wish FT was on this map!".  Some may but then you look for a good fight and play.

Wherever there is fun for many, there will be a few twits that will try and destroy it.  When donut is up, hundreds enjoy the fights, then you'll have a dozen or so Twits that want to ruin it!  It's like that in life, there will always be the griefer's! :aok

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2007, 09:33:21 PM »
If I understand the rule, it is keep 90% of your own and capture 40% of the other two country's. With 3 uncaptureable bases on each side.

As anyone seen anything HT say anything like....

"You have to capture 40% of the bases... but the bases on TT are off limits"

He didn't make TT uncaptureable, he made no rules saying that TT was off limits. So the way I see they are just as good a target as any other base. Even if you don't like it.

Based on the fact that HT set the map up this way, made no statements saying TT is off limits... why are we having this food fight on the BBS???
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2007, 12:56:14 AM »
Originally posted by CAV
If I understand the rule, it is keep 90% of your own and capture 40% of the other two country's. With 3 uncaptureable bases on each side.

As anyone seen anything HT say anything like....

"You have to capture 40% of the bases... but the bases on TT are off limits"

He didn't make TT uncaptureable, he made no rules saying that TT was off limits. So the way I see they are just as good a target as any other base. Even if you don't like it.

Based on the fact that HT set the map up this way, made no statements saying TT is off limits... why are we having this food fight on the BBS???

Because they cried and cried that we took TT. In reality with the 3 bases on the main islands that can't be captured, then dump in the 4 bases in TT of the other two teams that they will cry about if you do cap them.. Well even at 40% I don't think there is a way to win the map.

The problem is the placement of the uncaps and the distance of any of the other bases past TT. No way to keep those bases if you don't control TT.

If they cry about taking TT and with the 3 uncaps, the only way to capture any islands past TT is to control the islands next to TT. Yet those islands are surrounded by uncaps, so there is no possible way to hold those islands plus capture more.
"strafing"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2007, 01:37:11 AM »
Originally posted by crockett
Because they cried and cried that we took TT. In reality with the 3 bases on the main islands that can't be captured, then dump in the 4 bases in TT of the other two teams that they will cry about if you do cap them.. Well even at 40% I don't think there is a way to win the map.

The problem is the placement of the uncaps and the distance of any of the other bases past TT. No way to keep those bases if you don't control TT.

If they cry about taking TT and with the 3 uncaps, the only way to capture any islands past TT is to control the islands next to TT. Yet those islands are surrounded by uncaps, so there is no possible way to hold those islands plus capture more.

Strafing, you are a weenie in the big scheme of things and i f you think anyody is crying over what you do, you have much to learn!  You couldn't capture your own urine with a 5 gallon bucket! :aok

storch

Winning TT Map
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2007, 07:49:34 AM »
very creative jab skycrock   "couldn't capture your own urine in a five gallon bucket"