Author Topic: Why do you fly a particular plane in AH?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why do you fly a particular plane in AH?
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2008, 03:35:27 PM »
I know you're not the only one but it still doesn't make it a correct statement. 

Those that usually whine about the Spitfires, La7 or the like are the ones that usually get their arses handed back to them by those planes.  So like you, to ease the pain of being shot down by a Spitfire, they'll immediately brand it a "dweeb" plane so it doesn't hurt their ego so much.

ack-ack

Well ... his main ride is the P-38L, which he dies in more than he kills in ... and I'll bet ya can't guess what plane kills him the most.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2008, 03:57:40 PM »
F4U's - I like the turn ability with the speed to catch most planes, especially the 4-Hog. -1A is my favorite of the group.
F6F-5 - Just my favorite WWII fighter.
A6M5 - when trying to upped from a capped base or heavily outnumbered.
262 - being horded from by both sides and there's not much else i can do.
109G-14 -  is the plane I'm enjoying right now that i first flew when i started and forgot about.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »
Why did you choose a certain bird as your main ride in AH?

And a sub-question, if I may.  Why would you want to have a "main ride"?  AH has so many different planes, why do so many people pick just one, or a small handful, to fly 90% of the time?

I mean no disrespect with the question, because I respect many of the people who do this (Guppy being the most obvious example).  But I've often thought it's one of the main reasons the Axis v. Allied arena draws such a comparatively small number of people.  And, on a broader level....don't you get bored flying just one plane all the time...?

- oldman

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2008, 04:38:05 PM »
Well ... his main ride is the P-38L, which he dies in more than he kills in ... and I'll bet ya can't guess what plane kills him the most.

LMAO, I never said I was a good stick, and I couldn't care less if I have more deaths than kills. I fly how I fly and I have a good time doing it. If I was looking out for score I would have stopped flying the 38 a long time ago.

And, once again, it's not just me who gets killed by Spixteens the most, there are LOADS other people.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »
And, once again, it's not just me who gets killed by Spixteens the most, there are LOADS other people.

And would they be the same ones that feel that need to label it as a "dweeb" ride ? And would they be the same ones that would poke a newcomer in the eye for flying one because it is a forgiving plane and one of the best planes that a newcomer can learn with ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2008, 04:50:44 PM »

SRI Chief....

The fact that you and other get killed by guys driving Spit 16's doesn't make them a dweeb ride. In point of fact, there are no "dweeb rides"...only dweeb players.

BTW, I like to fly planes with kewl skins. I really like the 202 with the Kermit the frog skin. I do wish I could shoot a bit better tho. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »
I suck at this game.   It doesn't matter what plane I'm in, I'll still suck.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2008, 04:55:44 PM »

Whew ... now I don't have to keep that a secret anymore ... ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2008, 04:58:43 PM »
Whew ... now I don't have to keep that a secret anymore ... ;)

:D
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2008, 04:59:06 PM »
I have no main ride any more. I used to have one, but I started to switch it more and more frequently while spending less and less part of my gaming time in my "main".

Nowadays the plane I have most kills in a given tour has rarely more than 15-20% of all my kills in that tour.
Usually I fly/drive between 40-60 different planes/GVs per tour, though there is a "core" of about 20 I have about 90% of my time in.

So many planes - so little time!

The downside is I can't get really good in any of them, unlike the guys that concentrate on one plane... but that's a price I'm willing to pay ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2008, 04:59:20 PM »

Pppssstt!! It's not the game...you just suck!!!  :devil :salute
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2008, 05:22:55 PM »
 P40E -   It feels right for how I like to fly, and every flight is a challenge in the LWA.

~AoM~

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2008, 05:41:16 PM »
If I reincarnated as a warbird, it'd be the 152.  Probably with an MK103 in place of the 108, no 20mm's and the larger wooden tail, though.
No other plane (maybe the 410) comes close to fitting me as well.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »
My favorite ride is the Mossy, I fly it so i have an excuse why i died......LOL  Besides, it's just so dam sexy   :D

Yip... nothing like the sound of a pair of Merlins roaring at 320mph on the deck! Sexiest sounding plane ever!

Hondo, we need to wing up again.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »
My main dogfighting planes are English models.  Spit8s and XIVs, Hurri2c, Temp, Typh.  As for American ride i like to dogfight in are p51D, f4u-4 and C models along with F6F. I also enjoy dogfighting in IL2s and A20s. 
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.